Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

I wouldn't be all that surprised if this Italian keeper is back up. We may not be paying the full £4m being reported until his performance levels reach certain criterias. .

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

you dont pay 5million for a backup goalkeeper especially in the Championship

Pretty much, according to wikipedia, Loris was the 15th most expensive keeper of all time at a fee of £7.8m so £5m for a keeper in the Championship is a huge fee. 

But it probably won't be anywhere near five million until he meets certain criterias. like caps for Italy, promotion and so on. I myself would be surprised if he's being brought in as first choice. Think we'll still go for the Watford keeper.

Might not be a done deal

Aston Villa are looking to sign a new goalkeeper this summer.

According to a report in the Daily Mail, Pierluigi Gollini is unconvinced about a potential move to Aston Villa.

Gollini, who currently plays for Verona, is a transfer target for Roberto Di Matteo - but the deal could be a difficult one to force through.

Although Villa have made a £3 million offer for the 21-year-old, he is reportedly unsure over whether a move to the Championship would benefit him.

Gollini made 27 appearances in Serie A last season, and apparently feels that staying in his homeland will be better for his development.

Villa, therefore, could be forced to look elsewhere as they look to bring in a new goalkeeper this summer.

Brad Guzan and Mark Bunn both failed to convince with their performances for the Midlands side last campaign, leaving Di Matteo wanting to sign a new number one.

If Gollini does reject the chance to move to Villa, the Claret and Blues are expected to make a move for Costel Pantilimon.

Pantilimon is currently playing for Watford, and he is expected to be available for transfer this summer.

SuperClick

1 minute ago, Junxs said:

Does anyone know if there's a squad limited in the championship like there is in the Premier League of 25 players?

We won't need to be worried about being too limited.

I hadn't realised he played 27 times last year, think I was getting him mixed up with another one of the keepers we've been linked with. In that case he probably wouldn't come here to sit on the bench.

57 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Cudicini was good for years.  Hopefully if he was a trainee at Utd his English will be good, the youngsters that come over when they are teenagers often end up speaking better English than our homegrown lot.  

You wot bruv? innit!

37 minutes ago, Zatman said:

you dont pay 5million for a backup goalkeeper especially in the Championship

He'd be the second most expensive goalkeeper in Championship history, beaten only by the keeper newcastle have just bought. The closest to them would be Alex Smithies who was £1.8m.

Absolutely zero chance of him being a backup.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

He'd be the second most expensive goalkeeper in Championship history, beaten only by the keeper newcastle have just bought. The closest to them would be Alex Smithies who was £1.8m.

Absolutely zero chance of him being a backup.

Don't think the plan is for him to be back up. But its a big ask for 21 year old overseas keeper to come in and hit the ground running IMO. 

• Like 1

I agree hippo.  I know nothing about him, and the price suggests first choice, but he's only 21 and that would be my concern with any keeper.  Hopefully his time with United means he won't be completely unfamiliar with the English 'way'.  But hey, let's see what happens.  I'll try and enjoy the ride no matter what :)

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BOF said:

I'll try and enjoy the ride no matter what :)

Lets hope its not us as a club thats get ridden as per usual the last few years

5m is a massive fee for a unproven 21 year old italian goal keeper for the premier league nevermind the championship

Edited by OLDVILLAIN

Not seen him in the flesh but seen him on the telly, didn't scream out top class keeper but he's well regarded down here. Price I think inflated by it being an english club, I very much doubt Verona would have got €5m for him had he gone to another italian club.

This says it's only a step away, just sorting out the details