Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

20 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Excited about Gollini, he could be huge for us... It's a toss up between Guzan and Bunn for replacement, I'd imagine Bunn would be more content to be on the bench every week, whereas Guzan would just spit chewing gum around.

Never seen Gollini play, anyone actually seen him? 

I haven't heard of him, or seen him play before this link either. So here is the customary youtube video, to give you/me an idea:-

Gollini Highlights

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

Signing Andrew Stone, Gollini and Tshibola this week would represent a good bit of progress in my book.

Personally, I know nothing about anything of them B)

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

He would be perfect, but I still can't see him moving down a division.

I was sure he'd stay at Everton (he was their player of the season last season) but I guess with their new found money/ambition he may well leave there. But having performed that well for a decent PL team last year I think he's probably got another season or two at that level left in him.

I would love to see him here, but I can see a newly promoted team going all out to sign someone like Barry.

I thought that.

Then I thought if I was Gareth Barry would I really care to see my career at Burnley or Hull, rattling around (presumably) at the bottom of the league or would I want to go back home to the club that made me and be an integral (presumably) part of their revival? Wages being equal of course, which I'm confident we could stretch to for a season. He would be worth it, in my opinion. 

I no longer think it's as mental a suggestion as I did. I'd absolutely love it too. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

all id seen of him was that article with the 10 worst keepers in europe, guzan was 1 and iirc he was 5

improvement at least...

im still hoping we go for leali

yeah i saw that, didn't fill me full of happiness

29 minutes ago, hippo said:

If all those come off  - a striker and wide man would then make us (on paper) serious contenders for promotion. 

Another defender and an experienced midfielder to that list and I'm coming around. Slowly!

Is Richards going to play right back? Hutton, Bacuna there too.

I'd imagine it's going to be Okore and Elphick at CB, We also have Clark, Baker, Lescott at CB.

Amavi LB. We have Cissokho and Bennett as well.

It's midfield I'm unsure about, Tshibola, Vertout, Gana (could go as per Trent), Sanchez, Gardner, Westwood.

More advanced midfielders Grealish, Gil, Traore, Sinclair.

Strikers Ayew, Gestede, Kozak, Gabby.

Some people were questioning RDM when he said the squad was too big we have to get rid of a few here.

I haven't included Toner, Lyden, Green or our potentially 3 goal keepers.

38 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Classic VT, foreign name = excited.

Good to see some things never change 

I'm not too excited about this - Italian goalkeepers don't tend to thrive in the PL*.

*I too have never seen him play and am basing my prejudices on that Man Utd goal keeper from about 15 years ago.

Just now, Folski said:

Is Richards going to play right back? Hutton, Bacuna there too.

I'd imagine it's going to be Okore and Elphick at CB, We also have Clark, Baker, Lescott at CB.

Amavi LB. We have Cissokho and Bennett as well.

It's midfield I'm unsure about, Tshibola, Vertout, Gana (could go as per Trent), Sanchez, Gardner, Westwood.

More advanced midfielders Grealish, Gil, Traore, Sinclair.

Strikers Ayew, Gestede, Kozak, Gabby.

Some people were questioning RDM when he said the squad was too big we have to get rid of a few here.

I haven't included Toner, Lyden, Green or our potentially 3 goal keepers.

Are we going to be relying on the likes of Richards, Bacuna, Clark, Lescott, Sanchez, Veretout, Sinclair, Kozak and Gabby then? 

One or two of them maybe, I'd give Veretout another shot and *maybe* Richards, but I do hope the majority of those players are nowhere near the first team squad next season. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

I'm not too excited about this - Italian goalkeepers don't tend to thrive in the PL*.

*I too have never seen him play and am basing my prejudices on that Man Utd goal keeper from about 15 years ago.

Cudicini was good for years.  Hopefully if he was a trainee at Utd his English will be good, the youngsters that come over when they are teenagers often end up speaking better English than our homegrown lot.  

43 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I thought that.

Then I thought if I was Gareth Barry would I really care to see my career at Burnley or Hull, rattling around (presumably) at the bottom of the league or would I want to go back home to the club that made me and be an integral (presumably) part of their revival? Wages being equal of course, which I'm confident we could stretch to for a season. He would be worth it, in my opinion. 

I no longer think it's as mental a suggestion as I did. I'd absolutely love it too. 

My thoughts echo this.

Similar to what Downing did last season, returning to Boro.

• Like 2

Italy dont really produce great goalkeepers anymore compared to their past. Verona were pretty shocking last season and hopefully his confidence is not crashed by that