Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

13 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

You're basing this on almost nothing. 

Perhaps you'll be right, but to say it with such confidence bemuses me. 

Ashley Westwood 123 games mostly in the premier league with Villa, 123 games with crewe in league one in league two

Aaron Tshibola 13 games with Reading mostly in the championship, 23 games on loan with hartlepool in league two

I say it with "such confidence" because the stats speak for themselves, in terms of game time and experience Tshibola is nowhere near Westwoods level

Unless he turns out to be a wonderkid and makes an instant impact he won't be a regular starter imo

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, AshVilla said:

Ashley Westwood 123 Premier League games, 123 games with crewe in league one in league two

Aaron Tshibola 13 Championship games, 23 games on loan with hartlepool in league two

I say it with "such confidence" because the stats speak for themselves, in terms of game time and experience Tshibola is nowhere near Westwoods level

I'm not sure its that simple and I'm not sure its Tshibola v Westwood when Idrissa Gueye is highly likely to move on.

3 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

I'm not so sure, don't forget one of the first things RDM said was that the squad was too bloated and players needed to leave.

You really think RDM is going to leave himself with half a squad to fill in full view of everyone else? You really think he's going to lay all his cards on the table by releasing them now?

Lets assume we announce tomorrow that lescott and richards have been released from their contracts. What happens to the price of the next CB we try and buy? 

In that situation, how would you suggest we don't get absolutly f**ked over by the clubs willing to sell us their defenders? Bearing in mind we've just made public that we a. probably only have two championship level defenders left, and b. allegedly have bucket loads of money behind us?

• Like 2

I reckon - if fit - Tshibola will be going straight into the first XI.

Clarke put him straight in for Reading at the start  of last season and he thrived becoming the "heartbeat of the club" 

When he got injured after 12 games Readings team fell apart

Sign him up

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I'm not sure its Tshibola v Westwood when Idrissa Gueye is highly likely to move on.

I was eluding to the few suggesting it would be Sanchez or Westwood making way

In an ideal world we would keep Gueye and break this guy in gradually

Considering how strong the championship is this season i think we will need to keep our better players to get back up the first time of asking and i think Gueye is one of them. Unfortunately like you say i do think it's highly likely he will move on especially with such a reportedly low release clause.

Edited by AshVilla

Just now, AshVilla said:

I was eluding to the few suggesting it would be Sanchez or Westwood making way

In an ideal world we would keep Gueye and break this guy in gradually

Considering how strong the championship is this season i think we will need to keep our better players to get back up first time of asking and i think Gueye is one of them 

I'm not saying I want it to happen, I'm saying what I think will happen. I don't see Sanchez playing much, this lad if he signs will, again in my opinion.

6 minutes ago, Godders said:

You really think RDM is going to leave himself with half a squad to fill in full view of everyone else? You really think he's going to lay all his cards on the table by releasing them now?

Lets assume we announce tomorrow that lescott and richards have been released from their contracts. What happens to the price of the next CB we try and buy? 

In that situation, how would you suggest we don't get absolutly f**ked over by the clubs willing to sell us their defenders? Bearing in mind we've just made public that we a. probably only have two championship level defenders left, and b. allegedly have bucket loads of money behind us?

Well it's a very big assumption that you're making that we'd release them just like that (and those players), and not something I said at all. Also just because players leave, doesn't mean we already aren't in negotiations over other signings. But Di Matteo has quite clearly said the squad is too big 

"First of all when I analysed the squad I think we have too many players, the squad is too big so I will certainly look to trim the squad," said Di Matteo.

So I'm not really sure what you're trying to point out that incorrect in what I said.

1 hour ago, AshVilla said:

Tshibola is one for the future 

He won't be displacing Westwood any time soon, he might be bang average but is vastly more experienced in comparison

I can't believe that.  Of course nobody knows for sure but straight into the First Team I would expect.  As Trent said earlier, £5m for a 'future' player ?  In our position ? I can't see it.

Clarke knows him and, IMO, has said he's someone who will perform for us straight away.

• Like 1

With Chelsea signing another striker, you'd think Bamford would be off.

I think I'm in the minority of wanting Ravel Morrison. So much talent, he's a bit older and we have a very professional back room staff. He could flourish or he could be a massive dick but I'm sure he wouldn't be too hard to offload if it was the latter. 

Edited by guyavfc
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I don't see Sanchez playing much, this lad if he signs will, again in my opinion.

I hope he gets plenty of game time at the expense of Sanchez, i don't rate him at all and he would struggle to be any worse imo its a shame because i had high hopes for Sanchez but he doesn't seem suited to the english game

Edited by AshVilla

19 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I can't believe that.  Of course nobody knows for sure but straight into the First Team I would expect.  As Trent said earlier, £5m for a 'future' player ?  In our position ? I can't see it.

Clarke knows him and, IMO, has said he's someone who will perform for us straight away.

He was 1st choice in a championship side last year even though it was curtailed by injury. I think we have to judge like that from now on. Like we know Gardner can perform at this level so even if squad player you keep him. The same can be said for a lot of our loanees. 

54 minutes ago, guyavfc said:

I think I'm in the minority of wanting Ravel Morrison. So much talent, he's a bit older and we have a very professional back room staff. He could flourish or he could be a massive dick but I'm sure he wouldn't be too hard to offload if it was the latter. 

Bamford ticks the home grown quote box.

Id give Ravel a punt on loan with option to buy.

50 minutes ago, guyavfc said:

Are ye being seriously linked with Ravel? He just has so much ability, I've seen very few with the talent he has. I even have a shirt with his name on it. Unfortunately, it isn't just about effort or knuckling down, by all means Ravel has some serious educational and mental problems. He has learning difficulties, he has been called educationally challenged by someone who worked with him for years. He was afraid to eat foreign food while at a youth tournament in Azerbaijan from fear it would poison him. He didn't have energy to play through games because he was living off of Mars bars and Lucozade. He is by all means a genuinely lovely chap but he doesn't know right from wrong. He doesn't realize he is making poor decisions. There isn't much more I'd like to see than Ravel turn his career around but many fear he just isn't mentally capable of it. 

40 minutes ago, tommybread said:

Are ye being seriously linked with Ravel? He just has so much ability, I've seen very few with the talent he has. I even have a shirt with his name on it. Unfortunately, it isn't just about effort or knuckling down, by all means Ravel has some serious educational and mental problems. He has learning difficulties, he has been called educationally challenged by someone who worked with him for years. He was afraid to eat foreign food while at a youth tournament in Azerbaijan from fear it would poison him. He didn't have energy to play through games because he was living off of Mars bars and Lucozade. He is by all means a genuinely lovely chap but he doesn't know right from wrong. He doesn't realize he is making poor decisions. There isn't much more I'd like to see than Ravel turn his career around but many fear he just isn't mentally capable of it. 

Wow... I assume you have good lawyer.

57 minutes ago, Texas_Mike said:

Wow... I assume you have good lawyer.

No need he's right. It was all in Henry Winter's book. Bear in mind this account is from around 7 years ago, so hopefully the player has matured fom his time living in Italy.

Cl4EVzzWYAA0eV4.jpg

Edited by StanBalaban

13 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

We have a new Head of Performance Analysis and Technical Recruitment starting. A guy called Andrew Stone nabbed from Southampton.

Anybody know anything of him?

Was at Southampton 6 years and replaces Almstadt looking at performance analysis and technical recruitment. Decent rep but so did the chap from Arsenal so we will see I guess.

He worked as First team analyst at MK Dons under Di Matteo which I assume has led to his appointment her.

• Like 1

Looks like Gollini is getting close. Apparently hes in England. Talking to Fulham Villa and even Inter interested. 

Got a feeling we want this guy as a number 2. Fulham could want him as a no.1

Edited by KSV