Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

Happy with this.

Dont know much about him, but Reading fans seem disappointed which is promising. Im more pleased that we seem to have used our pull as the biggest/2nd biggest club in the division (depending on whether you think Newcastle's stadium makes them bigger than us...) to sign one of the most promising kids in the division - the reports have all said that the player specifically said he wanted to come to us. We've done to a smaller team in our division what teams did to us in the Premier League.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

Happy with this.

Dont know much about him, but Reading fans seem disappointed which is promising. Im more pleased that we seem to have used our pull as the biggest/2nd biggest club in the division (depending on whether you think Newcastle's stadium makes them bigger than us...) to sign one of the most promising kids in the division - the reports have all said that the player specifically said he wanted to come to us. We've done to a smaller team in our division what teams did to us in the Premier League.

No. It doesn't.

:)

• Like 1

So far we've added a player who hardly played last season and another youngster who also hardly played, both because of injuries. They both sound like good signings, but I get the feeling that there's still much work that needs doing if we're going to challenge for promotion.

1 hour ago, ferguson1 said:

Maybe or maybe not.  Could be Sanchez or Gardner out the door first, possibly Lyden going out on loan somewhere?  However,  a central midfield 3 of Tshibola, Gana and/or  Veretout/Grealish ain't too bad is it? 

I really think we need to have Gardner in the first team squad this season. He has done it in this league already and deserves the opportunity to show he can do it for us. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, John said:

I really think we need to have Gardner in the first team squad this season. He has done it in this league already and deserves the opportunity to show he can do it for us. 

There's been changes at Villa and Forest but I still wouldn't be surprised to see him go there. I think Forest wanted him permanently but had there embargo so had to settle with a loan.

1 minute ago, AndyBM said:

were going to need quite a few centre mids to rotate, theres alot more games to play, nobody needs to leave, they just need to improve

Our current midfield is mentally weak. They need a leader out there, game in game out.

I'd shed Sanchez and bring in a captain type. He just hasn't found any consistency or improved as I would have liked. At all. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

There's been changes at Villa and Forest but I still wouldn't be surprised to see him go there. I think Forest wanted him permanently but had there embargo so had to settle with a loan.

We know he can do it there as do they. I want to know whether he can do it with us before we consider helping someone who is now in the same division that we are. Selling him will make Forest stronger I think keeping him might do the same for us this season.  

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, John said:

We know he can do it there as do they. I want to know whether he can do it with us before we consider helping someone who is now in the same division that we are. Selling him will make Forest stronger I think keeping him might do the same for us this season.  

Even if Gardner only turns out to be a squad player he'll be worth it we can sell him next summer. He's proven in the league something everyone was crying out for before. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, useless said:

So far we've added a player who hardly played last season and another youngster who also hardly played, both because of injuries. They both sound like good signings, but I get the feeling that there's still much work that needs doing if we're going to challenge for promotion.

yes Elphick though played every single game of Bournemouth's championship wining  season so he's proven but the other lad we are buying potential. 

Things look like they are starting to turn over, feels like an exciting, active few weeks are ahead of us.  

Tshibola sounds like a promising youngster and with SC on board he must rate him highly for us to be into him. Make it happen please! 

41 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Tshibola is one for the future 

He won't be displacing Westwood any time soon, he might be bang average but is vastly more experienced in comparison

You're basing this on almost nothing. 

Perhaps you'll be right, but to say it with such confidence bemuses me. 

3 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I'm not sure relegated clubs in the state we are in pay £5m for players for the future in my opinion.

Well we got the doctor now with money to burn perhaps he wants to send him out to one of our new feeder clubs for experience :D

Edited by AshVilla