Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

On 7/4/2016 at 20:07, Texas_Mike said:

Wow... I assume you have good lawyer.

Yeah, good luck to him trying to sue me half way across the world for calling him educationally challenged and having some mental problems due to the environment he grew up. Not to mention I am paraphrasing people who have worked with him for years and never been sued and I have talked to several people involved in the United's academy to say similar. I'm sorry you have to live your life in such fear as a 'murican. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, samjp26 said:

Westwood is on £40k a week, £6m is a perfectly fine fee for him and we're already reinvesting it back into a 21 year old with a lot more potential. I'm game.

Westwood was on £35k a week in the premiership and that has presumably been halved, now the club is in the championship.

That would make his wage £17.5k a week.

Westwood has excellent passing stats at first glance but, when you break down those stats, they aren't at all impressive.

Probably 90% of Westwood's successful passes, either go sideways, to a fullback or fellow deep-lying midfielder or, backwards, to a centre-back or the goalkeeper. Forward passes over 5 metres were very rarely successful. 

His corners and free kicks very rarely beat the first defender.

His successful tackles and headers were virtually none existent.

So, getting £6m for him would be something of a coup.

• Like 2

We need to be more ruthless. You don't accept the first bid that comes in for a player, no matter how good you think it is. You try and haggle up.

Tell them you want 8m plus some add-ons for appearances/goals (Or do a Levy and demand 14m). They'll say 7m. You agree on 7.5m. There you go, an extra 1.5m for a day or two of waiting.

Think we may need 2 transfer speculation threads soon. One in one out. I'd like to keep Westwood but £6m is a lot to turn down for someone we could replace for free ie Huddlestone (I don't think he's signed anywhere yet) 

Edited by dn1982

19 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

We need to be more ruthless. You don't accept the first bid that comes in for a player, no matter how good you think it is. You try and haggle up.

Tell them you want 8m plus some add-ons for appearances/goals (Or do a Levy and demand 14m). They'll say 7m. You agree on 7.5m. There you go, an extra 1.5m for a day or two of waiting.

How do you know we haven't haggled? This was mooted weeks ago. Most deals aren't like FM when you just click a button. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

Think we may need 2 transfer speculation threads soon. One in one out. I'd like to keep Westwood but £6m is a lot to turn down for someone we could replace for free ie Huddlestone (I don't think he's signed anywhere yet) 

Not sure Taylor Swift will let him play football:P

6 hours ago, 1958Villan said:

Westwood was on £35k a week in the premiership and that has presumably been halved, now the club is in the championship.

That would make his wage £17.5k a week.

Westwood has excellent passing stats at first glance but, when you break down those stats, they aren't at all impressive.

Probably 90% of Westwood's successful passes, either go sideways, to a fullback or fellow deep-lying midfielder or, backwards, to a centre-back or the goalkeeper. Forward passes over 5 metres were very rarely successful. 

His corners and free kicks very rarely beat the first defender.

His successful tackles and headers were virtually none existent.

So, getting £6m for him would be something of a coup.

I've been looking for these sort of stats for ages on our players.  Where did you find them?  Are they listed across our team?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I've been looking for these sort of stats for ages on our players.  Where did you find them?  Are they listed across our team?

I was going to say this is a pretty thinly veiled piss take but there is no veil at all!!

13 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

Westwood is a much better player than Huddlestone.

Huddlestone may be sluggish but other than that he's better than Westwood at almost everything else. He has a good range of passing, can deliver from set-pieces is also very hard to knock off the ball, can win headers and has a foot like a traction engine.

Westwood can only pass sideways, can't shoot, can't deliver from set-pieces, is weak and can't win headers. I don't see how that makes him a much better player.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dn1982 said:

He's signed a new two year deal at Hull, clicky.

• Like 1