Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

I'd take Huddlestone and Curtis Davies from Hull. Both are on a free I think. They're probably finishing there PL contract but I think we could match it so would be attractive to both. We will need experienced Championship players and getting these 2 would enable us to get shot of Richards, Lescott and Sanchez. Added to bringing back Gardner and Baker we wouldn't be far off sorted in CB and CM. That'll just leave GK RB CF positions. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dn1982 said:

I'd take Huddlestone and Curtis Davies from Hull. Both are on a free I think. They're probably finishing there PL contract but I think we could match it so would be attractive to both. We will need experienced Championship players and getting these 2 would enable us to get shot of Richards, Lescott and Sanchez. Added to bringing back Gardner and Baker we wouldn't be far off sorted in CB and CM. That'll just leave GK RB CF positions. 

It's sad but both would be a massive improvement on what we have now let alone next season after our clear out. 

Doubt it, Huddlestone can't get in the Hull team now.

Hull got it right though....keep hold of a decent core in McGregor, Dawson, Curtis Davies, Robertson, Diame, Snodgrass (missed most of season through injury so maybe like Amavi), Abel Hernandez and then added decent lower league players like Clucas and Moses Obujao.

I'd go for a Collins type of CH, and a Fletcher kind of central midfielder.I'd sign Roofe and Nakhi Wells, and try and buy Schlupp from Leicester.

I would go 4-4-2 in the Championship.I would try and keep Veretout, Amavi, Gana and Ayew, but wouldn't be too bothered if they went.I'd let Richards, Clark, Hutton, Lescott, Westwood, Gabby, Kozak, Gil, N'zog go, and get some up and coming in, with a sprinkling of experience.

To be honest, i'm fed up of the retirement home transfer policy that we have persued over the last few years.I'm all for experience, but it has to be the right kind of player, with more important the right kind of attitude.Not sure Huddleston has tbh.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

No he wouldn't. he'd be as bad and he's no better than the dross we currently employ.

I havent seen him play for a while but I remember he won man of match vs us a few seasons back. He was the complete opposite of what we have in defence every week

19 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Hull got it right though....keep hold of a decent core in McGregor, Dawson, Curtis Davies, Robertson, Diame, Snodgrass (missed most of season through injury so maybe like Amavi), Abel Hernandez and then added decent lower league players like Clucas and Moses Obujao.

Probably right there, what is Julio Arca up to!? (playing non-league)

Though, the players you've named......would all get into the Villa team....so we really are in trouble.

20 hours ago, VillaChris said:

We will go the way of QPR, the similarities are there. We have poor players, poor attitude/culture within the club, no leadership, no plan from above. Panic on everything. We will struggle to get rid some of these players like QPR have too.

We will struggle next season.

• Like 1

Only if was to protect us against him not actually being anything special, like palace obviously thought, if it's a loan move cos this kid still seriously believes he's got a chance at Chelsea then I'm out

Loan with a promotion purchase clause or some thing

For me, if we can sell/terminate the contracts (unless already going to be OOC) of the following players at the end of the season then half the problem has been solved.

Guzan, Bunn, Bennett, Richards, Lescott, Hutton, Cissoko, Sinclair, Veretout, Richardson, Agbonlahor, Traore, Gestede, N'zogbia, Gana, Bacuna, Kozak, and if his attitude does not improve then you can add Grealish to that list as well.

The rest who I have not mentioned have at least shown some sort of quality and attitude to merit building a team with those triers in it,

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

For me, if we can sell/terminate the contracts (unless already going to be OOC) of the following players at the end of the season then half the problem has been solved.

Guzan, Bunn, Bennett, Richards, Lescott, Hutton, Cissoko, Sinclair, Veretout, Richardson, Agbonlahor, Traore, Gestede, N'zogbia, Gana, Bacuna, Kozak, and if his attitude does not improve then you can add Grealish to that list as well.

The rest who I have not mentioned have at least shown some sort of quality and attitude to merit building a team with those triers in it,

I think Cissokho would be an ok option at left back in the championship. Gana has done enough to convince me he can be effective with better players around him. The jury is still out on Veretout as apart from a few moments here and there, overall he's looked decidedly average.

But everyone else you mentioned can f*#k right off.

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

200w.gif