Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

48 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I think this is just totally wrong. Let's assume that we retain our entire squad next season, then (using the same assumption) there will be at least two better teams in the league than us (whoever goes down with us). 

I also think that there are teams in the championship right now who are better than us (Hull, Burnley and Middlesbrough). There's really no situation where we 'should' go up without us spending a lot of money strengthening. Our squad right now is utter, utter shite and not, even by championship standards, good enough to go right back up. 

But that's what I meant.

We SHOULD come up because we have a few decent players, and if we added a spine of decent players in the summer then we'd have a good championship squad.

That's what I meant by we should come up. Not that we'd only play this exact squad.

bit random but when this team was assembled we would have thought this was our best team

guzan

hutton    richards clarke    amavi

traore/gil  gana  sanchez  grealish

gestede  ayew

now its something like this when all fit

bunn

richards okore lescott amavi

gana  westwood

traore  vertout  gil 

ayew

dont think we ever got close to playing either team either due to injury and poor team selctions and players having crap form

the second team woud win 2-1 ha

i dont trust bunn, we need a new face between the sticks full stop, no matter what league we are in (obviously championship) id like to see myhill come back and maybe be no1 seeing as hes second choice at albion.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, AndyBM said:

i dont trust bunn, we need a new face between the sticks full stop, no matter what league we are in (obviously championship) id like to see myhill come back and maybe be no1 seeing as hes second choice at albion.

I think Steer be No.1 next season, has seemed to do a good job at Huddersfield

11 hours ago, Zatman said:

I think Steer be No.1 next season, has seemed to do a good job at Huddersfield

I would prefer a new keeper myself such as Bentley from Southend who would see a move to us as a step up but that would cost around £2m so you may well be right.  

37 minutes ago, John said:

I would prefer a new keeper myself such as Bentley from Southend who would see a move to us as a step up but that would cost around £2m so you may well be right.  

Daniel Bentley is on Bosman in July. Out of contract as not signed new deal and wants move bigger club.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

Daniel Bentley is on Bosman in July. Out of contract as not signed new deal and wants move bigger club.

Bentley turns 23 this July so I don't think he qualifies for a free transfer and we would have to pay compensation. 

2 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Bentley turns 23 this July so I don't think he qualifies for a free transfer and we would have to pay compensation. 

Fair enough but that should not be too costly I would guess (other than for us?). As I said a move to us would be a step up and it would give him an opportunity to develop by playing first team games but I suspect he may well get a PL club come in for him that offers him more money to be their number two keeper. The ball would then be in his court should we want to spend money on bringing in a keeper rather than making do with what we already have which is most likely the way we will choose to go.   

Edited by John

Wrote a blog about this. 

I want exactly what I've put to happen but I think we'll end up being stuck with a few of the players, which is fine, they'll just have to stay and play a part 

prideofwitton.wordpress.com 

8 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

I like Bentley as his shot stopping and positioning seem pretty decent, but I do have a few concerns. He doesn't seem to catch the ball all that often and he pushes the ball into less convincing places. 
On a free he'd be mad to not go for.

The Clough link is interesting, he's highly rated if not a bit lightweight. Looks technically able in front of goal though. Bolton need the money.
I'd be looking at Jermaine Anderson because I think in the Championship he'd be brilliant. I like Rasulo too, though I can't see him being a Prem player unless fitting in a system as he's not exactly blessed with pace.

I'd much rather cut the wasters loose, buy in some hungry Championship level talents and then fit in our youth players. Worked for Southampton.

20 minutes ago, skarroki said:

Wrote a blog about this. 

I want exactly what I've put to happen but I think we'll end up being stuck with a few of the players, which is fine, they'll just have to stay and play a part 

Skarroki, let me get this right, you want exactly what you've put to happen? You actually want your 'who's left' scenario to come true???

Well I mean, Jesus, you must be banking on one hell of a recruitment drive my friend because that squad, that's a baby seal being clubbed to death twice a week right there!

39 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

We'll try again for the Croatian keeper, didn't Garde say as much. He might've played some games for the national team by then which was the main problem.

2 international games between now and summer window unless he will be Croatia starter and they go very far in Euro 2016 which he isnt

50 minutes ago, skarroki said:

Wrote a blog about this. 

There is no way all of the players you say are going to leave will leave.

I actually think the majority of our best XI will be here next season