Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Would not be overly surprised if we went for 36 y.o Robert Green on a free transfer in the summer

If it was on a short contract that wouldn't be a bad signing whatsoever.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KHV said:

Cissokho - Has not been great, he has never been great. He is just less shit than Richardson and more importantly not Richardson ergo he is great

Amavi - Looked promising, however I believe he will want to leave as when he is fit he will be the only French person left here

Okore - Thinks he is brilliant and wants to leave, he is okay but nothing special. Less crap than our other CB's but that's hardly a glowing reference

Clark - 100% committed but a liabilty, probably worth keeping for the Championship though just about although I think wages may be an issue here as I'm not sure he a a relegation clause (not 100%) on that

Bacuna - Useless in a variety of positions. I don't thing he brings anything to the team

Ayew - Had his moments, but there is not a cat in hell's chance he will stay. He will be off to another PL team

Gestede - Can head the ball, unless we buy someone that can cross the ball there is zero point in having him because he can't do anything else

Adama - On way too much money, will not want to be on way less money. Back to Spain for Adama, he does not want to be here anyway and won't be what a waste

Gana - Is he good? Is he crap? Will go anyway so the argument is redundant. FWIW I don't think he is that good and the fact people are saying he is our best player this season tells you just how bad our squad is this season

Veretout - Lazy, goes missing and had about 3 decent games out of him. Doesn't understand why Sherwood dropped him, I would say it's fairly obvious as for the most part he has been crap.

Pretty Much aggree with most of this................... I think well keep hold of Hutton, Bennett, Clark, Baker, Westwood, Sanchez, Sinclair, Gestede............. Which on the face of it is the basis of a decent side in the chumpionship

42 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

If it was on a short contract that wouldn't be a bad signing whatsoever.

Perhaps not, but then I do not think I've seen a keeper commit as many errors as Rob Green in all my time watching football. He has very good reflexes and shot stopping ability but by the same token he is extremely error-prone and not someone I'd trust between the sticks. 

• Like 1

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

Perhaps not, but then I do not think I've seen a keeper commit as many errors as Rob Green in all my time watching football. He has very good reflexes and shot stopping ability but by the same token he is extremely error-prone and not someone I'd trust between the sticks. 

I think that's very harsh on the guy.

Especially at Chamionship level he's a good keeper.

Just now, Stevo985 said:

I think that's very harsh on the guy.

Especially at Chamionship level he's a good keeper.

I'm not sure it's that harsh, the guy can be an utter catastrophe. However for the Championship he wouldn't be too bad, but certainly wouldn't want him as our regular in the Premier League.  

Green would obviously not be my #1 target, but as I expect us to have a negative net spend on transfers in the summer, him on a free seems a possible transfer.

40 minutes ago, Adbo9 said:

Pretty Much aggree with most of this................... I think well keep hold of Hutton, Bennett, Clark, Baker, Westwood, Sanchez, Sinclair, Gestede............. Which on the face of it is the basis of a decent side in the chumpionship

I think Hutton will be off, I don't think he has covered himself in glory over the last few weeks/months since Garde/Ray/Duverne arrived. I think Sinclair may go back to Swansea.

We will be left with Bunn, Bacuna (sadly), Bennett, Clark, Baker, Westwood, Sanchez, Gardner, Gestede, Agbonlahor (not through choice), then you will have the U-21 lot with the likes of Lyden, Robinson, Donacien, Kinsella, Steer, Hepburn-Murphy

That's 16 palyers so I am hoping we can bring in 5 or 6

I'm not sure what to make of that to be honest :unsure:

4 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

This. He commits so many mistakes. 

That Bentley guy is going on a free transfer, he'd be so much better, and at least he isn't looking for a last payday. 

• Like 1

the club has to stop signing 'stop gap' players, signing has beens over 30yrs old has done more harm than good (with only a couple of decent signings)

if the club signs yet more stop gap players itll just hinder more the progress of the kids

goalkeeping, get steer and siegrist in, defence, get donacien and kinsella in, midfield, get green, mason, lyden and calder in, up front, get robinson and sellers in, thats 10 players that will already be better than whats currently in the first team.

• Like 1

If we're talking keepers, I have always liked David Marshall at Cardiff.  Experienced and steady enough, doubt a big fee would be involved either.   A centre half is a must because Richards and possibly Lescott will go.  Lewis Dunk could be one to look at here or a possible Premiership loan to keep costs down (Fonte, Chester)?  We desperately need a change or two in midfield, Jedinak, Bridcutt, Charlie Adam, Bradley Johnson, to name a few. Offensively, I would keep Gestede but fear we will lose Ayew.  Would rather Agbonlahor and Sinclair go, so along with integrating Sellars, Robinson and Hepburn possibly we will need someone else.  Dwight Gayle, Shane Long, Joe Lolley?

Edited by ferguson1

the club has to stop signing 'stop gap' players, signing has beens over 30yrs old has done more harm than good (with only a couple of decent signings)

if the club signs yet more stop gap players itll just hinder more the progress of the kids

goalkeeping, get steer and siegrist in, defence, get donacien and kinsella in, midfield, get green, mason, lyden and calder in, up front, get robinson and sellers in, thats 10 players that will already be better than whats currently in the first team.

I highly doubt those 10 players will be better than what we currently have. If they were, I'm sure Remi or people in the coaching staff would be picking them now.

I've watched Steer, Siegrist, Donacien, Kinsella, Lyden, Robinson and Sellars in person, and they're not up to the standard (as low as that maybe) of Guzan, Bunn, Okore, Hutton, Bacuna, Gestede etc unfortunately.

Your post is wishful thinking, in my opinion. A number of the players you mention could do decent in the Championship and gain crucial experience to improve, but only if they're played in a team of 8+ experienced players.

The only case for being dropped straight into the first eleven, for me, would be in the striker/winger department. As that's an area where we currently lack. I'd be interested to see how Andre Green would do. Jordan Graham was let go from the U21s, and earlier this season he was ripping it up for Wolves, so it is do-able.

sorry, i should have been more clearly, i werent saying that they should make the first 11, but instead actually be apart of the first team, to which they could replace some of the fringe first team players.

they would gain much experience in the championship, and of course if we can bounce back up on the first attempt, some of them will prove their worth.

If Ayew goes i would buy Nakhi Wells and Dwight Gayle, play them alongside Gestede and you are guaranteed goals next year.

Let Kozak go, never play Gabby or Sinclair again, give Robinson and Hepburn a go, plus another striker,Not bothered if Veretout and Gana go, let Sanchez go, don't see the point of playing Westwood, try GG, and Green and Lyden, maybe get a Hudddleston/Barry/Fletcher in to lead us out of this league.

Bring back Baker, let Clark, Lescott, Richards go, keep Okores, but get an experienced CH who ortganizes, pref someone who has played in England, keep Avami if poss, if not get the young lad from Walsall, and keep Cissokho, keep Bacuna, put play him at RB, not bothered either way about Hutton.

Goalie, get the lad from Brentford is it?, don't see the point of going for Green, another Shay Given.

Can you imagine that story. From Villatalk to Villa. And some of you actually played with him too. Mental stuff altogether. Let's make it happen :)

Watcning the B'ham v Wolves game, there are a couple of players I'd take from these. The key for us is to bring in fighters. I like the look of Iorfa as a possible RB from Wolves. Toral looks decent but he is on loan from Arsenal, so probably wouldn't be a goer. 

Definitely think we need to grab all the best players next season and rebuild properly.