Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

On 2/27/2016 at 13:20, Richie k said:

bit random but when this team was assembled we would have thought this was our best team

guzan

hutton    richards clarke    amavi

traore/gil  gana  sanchez  grealish

gestede  ayew

now its something like this when all fit

bunn

richards okore lescott amavi

gana  westwood

traore  vertout  gil 

ayew

dont think we ever got close to playing either team either due to injury and poor team selctions and players having crap form

the second team woud win 2-1 ha

These were our best two teams at the beginning of the season. They were never tried and are still our best teams now. 

Guzan

Richards Okore Clark

Bacuna                         Amavi

Gueye Westwood

Gil

Kozak Agbonlahor

Guzan

Bacuna/Hutton Okore Clark Amavi

Gueye Sanchez/Westwood

Traore Gil Grealish

Kozak

Edited by Michael118

maybe a loan move for Rashford, cant see him being welcome if Mourinho takes over 

from brief glimpses he looks lightning in the box and has shown more than our strikers have in an entire season :lol:

Whenever the likes of a Rashford come through and catch fire, I get frustrated at our academy and our inability to bring genuine quality through.

We've got some excellent academy alumni, but most of them made their name at a different club after either not working out or not being given a go at Villa. I feel like a team made up of our currently playing academy alumni would probably smash our current lineup off the park, and even that's with only Cahill being a genuinely top class player IMO.

• Like 1

i hate the 5-3-2 formation, but even though it was our most successful period (under jg) playing this formation, it also felt it held back a bit and always wondered how much more we could of won had we played more attacking.

but im not taking anything away from it as it was reasonably successful for us, so to implement that formation again with slightly better players than we have no, we might have a fighting chance.

barry and ehiogu for example played better in a 3 man defense, hendrie played better in a 3 man midfield, its clear westwood is too weak to play in a 2 man midfield, so lets see where it goes next season in the championship :-)

Edited by AndyBM

On 28/02/2016 at 23:52, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

Skarroki, let me get this right, you want exactly what you've put to happen? You actually want your 'who's left' scenario to come true???

Well I mean, Jesus, you must be banking on one hell of a recruitment drive my friend because that squad, that's a baby seal being clubbed to death twice a week right there!

Well I realise that. I guess I just want all of those players to be made available for sale and then whoever remains will become a part of the team to push for our promotion. I worded it badly. :S

Just saw Charly Musonda dominate for Real Betis away at Espanyol in La Liga.

Is on loan from Chelsea, might be something for us next season as I expect we will have to rely on loans to get any quality players in.

this club has wasted millions buying average players who had reached their peak and pushed out talented youths who would of peaked higher and cost us less, well, free, we should of kept gary cahill and marc albrighton, i liked zat knight but cahill shouldnt have been chopped for him.

even though the board will avoid spending any money in the summer, the club kind hind the fact that the first team needs a new keeper, centre back, defensive midfielder and a striker, a new spine basically.

and the club needs to stop sarificing the youngsters for average players.

probably no chance of happening and as repulsive as he is maybe if he wants to get into management that we could offer Terry a player/coach role. He might want to stay in England and said he wont play for another Premier League club ;)

I hate this team. Hopeful of Richards and Lescott moving on hopefully the others follow. Hoping for new ownership this summer but can't see it therefore I'm not expecting much this summer, remit will probably be avoid relegation from the championship.

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Buy 28 championship ready journeymen

Where's Keith Andrews playing at the moment?

would he be worse than Westwood though? He might actually make a tackle