Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/02/23/report-aston-villa-rivalling-swansea-city-for-readings-hal-robso/

Aston Villa are considering making a move for Hal Robson-Kanu this summer, Get Reading reports.

The winger, a Welsh international, is out of contract this summer, and he is refusing to hold extension talks until the end of the season.

The academy graduate has been at the club for 11 years, but he is said to be keen on returning to the Premier League, as he wants to spend his peak years in the top flight.

At 26-years-old, Robson-Kanu has just entered his best years of football, and the 30-capped international is considering leaving on a Bosman transfer in the summer.

Villa are planning to approach Robson-Kanu in the summer, although any move for the winger will likely depend upon which league the club are in next season. As they are likely to fall into the Championship, the Reading star could consider a transfer to Villa Park as only a sideways move.

Swansea City have also been linked with the winger, with Wales Online reporting that they want to bring the Welsh winger to the Liberty Stadium, knowing that he will be a value signing on a Bosman deal.

4 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Suddenly, out the blue, Villa scouts spotted everywhere just as fans start to discuss protest seriously. 

Don't buy it. They're laughing at you already. 

To be fair we have been linked with that Robson Kanu since Lambert was first here!! i doubt the likes of Paddy Riley would bother to watch him as his name been in his notepad for 5 years!!

He was deffo at the Blues game last night though!!

Edited by Villan4Life

Suddenly, out the blue, Villa scouts spotted everywhere just as fans start to discuss protest seriously. 

Don't buy it. They're laughing at you already. 

FFS get out the tin foil hats, that conspiracy theory is a new all time low for VT, ddid. [emoji23]

If there has to be an ulterior motive I would suggest the scouting team are trying to justify their jobs given "the review".

Or they could be just doing their jobs properly, who knows?

• Like 3

Looking forward to a complete overhaul in the summer. If we can get talented young players such as Zach Clough, in all our key positions, complimented with Grealish and hopefully Amavi and Veretout for a year at least, then we can really build something.

would the clubs priorities be the same come summer as they supposedly were in january, a striker and a goalkeeper? i personally dont rate bunn much, nor guzan tbh, so id like to see a new keeper in, and we definitely need a striker who knows where the goal is.

42 minutes ago, mwj said:

FFS get out the tin foil hats, that conspiracy theory is a new all time low for VT, ddid. emoji23.png

If there has to be an ulterior motive I would suggest the scouting team are trying to justify their jobs given "the review".

Or they could be just doing their jobs properly, who knows?

Fair point! I'm tired, maybe I am going a little bit crazy in the coconut! 

Either way I've completely lost faith in them putting their money where their mouth is. Simple as that really. It's PR bullshit no matter how it's spun. 

Fair point! I'm tired, maybe I am going a little bit crazy in the coconut! 

Either way I've completely lost faith in them putting their money where their mouth is. Simple as that really. It's PR bullshit no matter how it's spun. 

Yes ok our machiavellian PR team's influence reaches all the way to Dutch football websites

Lay off the beers :)

All this talk of this and that player not being that good, but being good championship players, is for me a short sighted narrative. We don't want a team of those types otherwise if we get promoted (and indeed if we get relegated to begin with) we'll stuck a bunch of players who aren't good enough. 

43 minutes ago, AndyBM said:

would the clubs priorities be the same come summer as they supposedly were in january.....

Yes. 

leaving the manager stranded for signings and funds,

making as many cut backs as possible to save pennies

Hoping things turn out for the best without actually being proactive about our problems 

• Like 1

Aston Villa are considering making a move for Hal Robson-Kanu this summer, Get Reading reports.

The winger, a Welsh international, is out of contract this summer, and he is refusing to hold extension talks until the end of the season.

The academy graduate has been at the club for 11 years, but he is said to be keen on returning to the Premier League, as he wants to spend his peak years in the top flight.

:lol:

4 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Robson-Kanu is a good Championship player.

Is he that good? I've not been that impressed when I've seen him. Stats are sort of okay 17 starts, 6 appearances of the bench, 1 goal, 5 assists. Not awful, but not setting the division on fire. 

For fans of much less meaningful statistics, I had a look at his WhoScored rating, not a patch on Lichaj or Lolley!

3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Is he that good? I've not been that impressed when I've seen him. Stats are sort of okay 17 starts, 6 appearances of the bench, 1 goal, 5 assists. Not awful, but not setting the division on fire. 

For fans of much less meaningful statistics, I had a look at his WhoScored rating, not a patch on Lichaj or Lolley!

them stats are nothing, wait for Sky sports transfer zone to get up his FIFA and Football Manager stats