Callum O'Hare

Villan4Life

Likely to be released, and we shouldn’t start wailing if he is. We all want home grown players to make it through, of course we do. But O’Hare hasn’t pulled up trees for Coventry, he’s been a decent performer in the 3rd tier of English football, and he’s 22. If he was a teenager things might be different with a new contract. Unfortunately he should have been out playing men’s football earlier, Villa are part culpable for him not coming through as we perhaps expected. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, OxfordVillan said:

Likely to be released, and we shouldn’t start wailing if he is. We all want home grown players to make it through, of course we do. But O’Hare hasn’t pulled up trees for Coventry, he’s been a decent performer in the 3rd tier of English football, and he’s 22. If he was a teenager things might be different with a new contract. Unfortunately he should have been out playing men’s football earlier, Villa are part culpable for him not coming through as we perhaps expected. 

I had high hopes for him but like you all said on here, ‘’they all are SGC, they all are’’ haha :(

It would be very remiss of us to lose him for nothing in the summer. We've put a lot of time and effort into his development, and the aim is to get a first team player, or at least a fee at the end of that. I think like others, that we have developed, Callum looks like being a late bloomer. I suspect that he could do a job for us (particularly should we be playing Championship football next season) and his performances at Coventry have shown, what many of us have long believed. Namely, that there's a proper player in there. I hope he gets a decent contract offer and that he signs it.

• Like 1

He lives in the same village as me and whilst I was queuing in the supermarket a couple of days ago he comes in kicking his football as his sister filled the shopping basket.

Hourihane was also in the supermarket quietly going about his shopping trying not to be noticed.

He may have talent but if he is released I think his attitude may have contributed towards it.

• Like 1

Just now, Robbie09 said:

He lives in the same village as me and whilst I was queuing in the supermarket a couple of days ago he comes in kicking his football as his sister filled the shopping basket.

Hourihane was also in the supermarket quietly going about his shopping trying not to be noticed.

He may have talent but if he is released I think his attitude may have contributed towards it.

I also think this that he may have an attitude problem, it’s just a feeling I get, could be wrong, usually am :)

30 minutes ago, Robbie09 said:

Sounds like the village from The Prisoner. Any giant balloons floating about ?

• Haha 1

On 26/03/2020 at 13:12, Robbie09 said:

Huh

On 26/03/2020 at 13:14, sir_gary_cahill said:

I also think this that he may have an attitude problem, it’s just a feeling I get, could be wrong, usually am :)

Huh

The guy treated every U23 game I watched like a world cup final. Absolute work horse. With for a '10' is as rare as it gets nowadays.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Huh

Huh

The guy treated every U23 game I watched like a world cup final. Absolute work horse. With for a '10' is as rare as it gets nowadays.

He across as a bit of an idiot in his press interviews, I never said anything about his talent on the pitch

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He across as a bit of an idiot in his press interviews, I never said anything about his talent on the pitch

OHare is an idiot for his press interviews but Drinkwater is fine despite a number of acts of idiocy 🙄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

A Villa source has told Football Insider that the club have made multiple attempts to extend O’Hare’s contract but he has knocked them back. It appears the Villa academy product will now sever his ties with the club in the coming weeks.The Midlands giants may make one last attempt to keep him after taking up the option in April of last year to extend his deal by 12 months until June 2020.

If we go down I wouldn't mind us keeping him because I reckon he'd be some use in the Championship, however if we stay up he has no chance. 

Probably best for him just to move on I think. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

It'll be an interesting one for him. Brave I think to be heading out there under current conditions. He won't get more than a two year deal off anyone.

He's done well at Coventry. Guess he's banking on them getting promoted by whatever means and so next season he'll be a regular starter for them in the championship whereas he probably wouldn't be here even if we went down (horrible thought of being in the same league as Coventry again so another reason why we must stay up).

Again another one we kept round the fringes for too long. Should've loaned him out two years ago for instance. Why we played him in the Peterborough cup defeat and then kept him around when he hardly even made the bench for the reamainder of that season is bizarre and typical of Bruce's management with many young players.

He's not young anymore so guess he dosen't want to waste more seasons hoping to break through here as before you know it he's 25.

Luke Garbutt is good example. He's 27 years old and still getting loaned out by Everton!

I think it's the right time for him to go - he's a good, industrious, creative, tidy little player with an eye for goal who will do well at a lower level - he's got it in him to become an absolute legend for a team that bounces between the Championship and League 1 and he's got the talent to make a go of things in the Championship. He's also one of those players that's fun to watch, he plays with purpose and style and he's easy on the eye. 

For Villa, I think there's a changing of the guard at youth level, we made a big change mid-season this year, shipping out the 21 and 22 year olds from our youth systems and filling our U23's with teenagers - I like the way that's gone and I'm looking forward to a bright future for us at youth levels.

The right move for everyone I think.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, useless said:

A Villa source has told Football Insider that the club have made multiple attempts to extend O’Hare’s contract but he has knocked them back. It appears the Villa academy product will now sever his ties with the club in the coming weeks.The Midlands giants may make one last attempt to keep him after taking up the option in April of last year to extend his deal by 12 months until June 2020.

Probably the right decision. Club has done nothing but hamper his development, been saying it for years.

We have failed him.

On the occasions he played for the first team, albeit usually in "B-Squad" fixtures, he showed very little and certainly never grabbed the eye and made you think we need to see more of him. I accept it isn't always easy to do that with limited chances but I've never seen anything that made me think "special". I have mates in Coventry who say he can be good but he's not a 90 minute player and they all say he is well short of top level material.

He's 22 now and similar to Andre we haven't been able to develop him like we had wished for. It makes sense for both parties that he has the chance to try and develop further elsewhere

Edited by samjp26
I wrote Keinan and not Andre i.e. Andre Green

If he's going, I guess he has already been offered a 3-year contract by Coventry or by someone else. Let's hope we don't regret losing him during a game next season...:o 

Â