Callum O'Hare

Villan4Life

On 26/03/2020 at 12:59, OxfordVillan said:

Likely to be released, and we shouldn’t start wailing if he is. We all want home grown players to make it through, of course we do. But O’Hare hasn’t pulled up trees for Coventry, he’s been a decent performer in the 3rd tier of English football, and he’s 22. If he was a teenager things might be different with a new contract. Unfortunately he should have been out playing men’s football earlier, Villa are part culpable for him not coming through as we perhaps expected. 

He should be like Maupay......He has the talent,but doesn't have the physical strength, yet.

whether he does, eventually, who knows.

Edited by TRO

3 hours ago, John said:

If he's going, I guess he has already been offered a 3-year contract by Coventry or by someone else. Let's hope we don't regret losing him during a game next season...:o 

Yeah he must have another offer if he's refused terms.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Luke Garbutt is good example. He's 27 years old and still getting loaned out by Everton!

He has had more league appearances for every loan club than Everton

Disappointing. I think he could have stayed for another year, and letting go with no transfer fee is equally disappointing.   I think he has more potential than Green. He has some ability but maybe not PL quality. It seeems a bit random on how long we keep our youth players. Gary Gardner was on the books until his mid 20s without pulling up any trees. 

At 22, he should be further along in his career than he is now. We aren't going to bend over backwards for him because he's not good enough now and it looks like he'll turn into another Bannan/Johnson - i.e. not a bad player but not a world-beater either. From his perspective, leaving for first team football makes a lot of sense too. I think it's best for both parties if he goes - we'll get a nominal fee and he'll get a chance to develop his career. 

• Like 1

I like seeing young players coming through and making it at the club. But ultimately it's a feather in the hat of the club to see as many youngsters getting a professional career in the lower leagues as well. If he ends up in the championship that's no minor feat. The championship is probably in the top 10 leagues in Europe, if not top 6. 

What I feel is important is that we establish sell on clauses. Looking at Callum Robinson we could have made a few million with the right contracts sorted. 

• Like 1

That's O'Hare, Doyle-Hayes, Hepburn-Murphy, Šarkić and Green that we stand to lose at the end of the month for nothing, regardless of whether they're good enough for us or not, they've all still got potential, so I don't think to just lose them all like that and at the same time will reflect well on the club.

Edited by useless

Problem is that hes not good enough to start for us and the loan clubs dont seem to build any real value to the players were loaning out.

As someone else pointed out i think we would be better placed to sell these type of.players but insist on buy back clauses or sell on fees. 

Saw an online report urging small heath scum to sign him, along with Hogan, mainly as he's related to ian Clarkson (I think), no -mark ex knuckledragger.

Bit early for both of them to end their careers...

2 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Saw an online report urging small heath scum to sign him, along with Hogan, mainly as he's related to ian Clarkson (I think), no -mark ex knuckledragger.

Bit early for both of them to end their careers...

apparently O'Hare is a fan

O’Hare is 22, was not consistently making the starting 11 for Coventry in League 1. When is this potential that I see people writing about going to become reality? We all wanted him to make it for us, but whatever the reasons it isn’t happening. 

• Like 1

On 04/06/2020 at 20:32, TRO said:

He should be like Maupay......He has the talent,but doesn't have the physical strength, yet.

whether he does, eventually, who knows.

Hes not there on Maupays  level, certainly doesnt have his fire or aggression and most definitely doesnt have his ego to go taunt opposition crowds and piss them right off. I dont think he yet has maupays quickness but I reckon could in time.

We do need some of these youth breaking through, we are making it way to hard for them to achieve first team status because of the crap signings weve had, no wonder if they are so reluctant to sign a new contract.

9 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Hes not there on Maupays  level, certainly doesnt have his fire or aggression and most definitely doesnt have his ego to go taunt opposition crowds and piss them right off. I dont think he yet has maupays quickness but I reckon could in time.

We do need some of these youth breaking through, we are making it way to hard for them to achieve first team status because of the crap signings weve had, no wonder if they are so reluctant to sign a new contract.

And that won't change if we are relegated.

We won't be using any youth. We'll be spending our way out of it.

Players develop as different pace but at 22 he is 2 years older than Foden, Hudson-Odoi, Sessegnon and the likes. He is now too old for the England U-21's.

While still a "talent" he is now a senior player. As much as I'd like us to keep hold of him I imagine he'd like to play regular football. He's not been good enough/offered a change here.

If we are relegated and could get rid of Jota and Lansbury (for salary reasons if nothing else) then he might be able to play a part for.

Would be a shame to see him leave thou.

• Like 1

For me Andre Green is way ahead of him in development terms and is younger than O'Hare as well. I think the calls for people saying he should be back up to Jack was ridiculous at times as he has shown very little in his loan or rare Villa appearances to indicate he can step up

The club will probably be looking more towards the likes of Vassilev and Jacob Ramsey in terms of young attacking midfielers that can break into the first team, Philogene-Bidace is eighteen now as well, so maybe we might see him come into contention next season if he's as good as they say. So even if we're relegated I'm not sure if we'd see much of O'Hare.

I don't blame O'hare for wanting to leave. When Grealish was injured last season, he was a shoe in to get a run in the team or get minutes off the bench. Instead the tactical genius changed the whole system and for months we were rubbish.

Just like Lambert and co, smith ignored the youth. only with fan pressure mounting Smith threw in another youngster who's name I can't remember (possibly ramsey who would have been below ohare in the pecking order but callum was out on loan) who ran around a bit and therefore deflected any fan discord towards another crap home performance.

If I was o'hare and smiths number came up I'd cancel the call.

a few games in the champ last season for Villa and ohare would have been ready for some prem action this season im sure he would have contributed more than the likes of that waste of a wage "king" jota

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

I don't blame O'hare for wanting to leave. When Grealish was injured last season, he was a shoe in to get a run in the team or get minutes off the bench. Instead the tactical genius changed the whole system and for months we were rubbish.

Just like Lambert and co, smith ignored the youth. only with fan pressure mounting Smith threw in another youngster who's name I can't remember (possibly ramsey who would have been below ohare in the pecking order but callum was out on loan) who ran around a bit and therefore deflected any fan discord towards another crap home performance.

If I was o'hare and smiths number came up I'd cancel the call.

a few games in the champ last season for Villa and ohare would have been ready for some prem action this season im sure he would have contributed more than the likes of that waste of a wage "king" jota

That's it, a run of games against better opponents could of made that difference for O'Hare.  Youth has been let down way to much because its to ridiculously hard to have some youth break into first team action. Only way is through injury recently and weve all seen what happens when the injured Injured comeback, the pecking order.

• Like 1

Â