Callum O'Hare

Villan4Life

On 05/02/2020 at 13:12, DCJonah said:

We gave Ramsay a new deal before he left on loan. The fact we didn't do that with O'Hare shows what the clubs thoughts are. 

I think any new deal will be dependant on which league we are in next season. 

I say this because he turns 22 next year so won't be illegible as an U21s player, meaning if we decide to keep him he would be taking up one of the 25 squad places. Of course the Championship has no such rule

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Junxs said:

I think any new deal will be dependant on which league we are in next season. 

I say this because he turns 22 next year so won't be illegible as an U21s player, meaning if we decide to keep him he would be taking up one of the 25 squad places. Of course the Championship has no such rule

It’s U23’s not U21’s. Although it’s pointless anyone 22/23 years old playing at that level to determine if they will be suitable for Premier League football.

I’m not expecting us to keep him regardless of which league we are in next season. I’d expect the Ramsey’s and Louie Barrie are more likely to break through at some stage in the next season or 2 than O’Hare.

8 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

We won't be letting a £1m+ player walk out the door for nothing.

We dont have a choice, his contract expires in the summer.

I do hope we offer him a new one though, he could be a squad player at minimum I reckon, especially if we are in the champ next season.

45 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

We dont have a choice, his contract expires in the summer.

I do hope we offer him a new one though, he could be a squad player at minimum I reckon, especially if we are in the champ next season.

He is under 24 years of age so long as we offer him a deal more than his current we will be entitled to compo. We will offer him a deal or we have an option to trigger something I am sure.

1 hour ago, Elton said:

It’s U23’s not U21’s. Although it’s pointless anyone 22/23 years old playing at that level to determine if they will be suitable for Premier League football.

I’m not expecting us to keep him regardless of which league we are in next season. I’d expect the Ramsey’s and Louie Barrie are more likely to break through at some stage in the next season or 2 than O’Hare.

Nope it's under 21s

"..as well as an additional list of each club's registered Under-21 players who are eligible over and above the squad limit of 25 players." 

read more about it here

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Nope it's under 21s

"..as well as an additional list of each club's registered Under-21 players who are eligible over and above the squad limit of 25 players." 

read more about it here

I agree that is correct. I misunderstood the point you were making I think. I was referring to the fact he is eligible to play in the U23’s league not the PL rule about registering players. As there is no chance he’ll make a PL squad anytime soon.

Edited by Elton

Just now, Elton said:

I agree that is correct. I was referring to the fact he is eligible to play in the U23’s league not the PL rule about registering players. As there is no chance he’ll make a PL squad anytime soon.

So why did you initially quote me then? I clearly stated he wouldn't be illegible as an under 21 player and would have to be registered as one of the 25 in the Premier League squad.

Anyway, I think he could do a job in the Championship should we go down

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

He is under 24 years of age so long as we offer him a deal more than his current we will be entitled to compo. We will offer him a deal or we have an option to trigger something I am sure.

The compo would be pennies to be fair though.

17 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Not really. The difference in athleticism between, even the championship and PL is massive. 

Totally agree. I’ve never understood the myth that the Championship is some how more physical than the Premier League.

The PL is full of absolute units that are normally bigger, stronger and quicker than their lower league counterparts and can also play too. The physicality in lower leagues is just more obvious as there is less quality.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Elton said:

Totally agree. I’ve never understood the myth that the Championship is some how more physical than the Premier League.

The PL is full of absolute units that are normally bigger, stronger and quicker than their lower league counterparts and can also play too. The physicality in lower leagues is just more obvious as there is less quality.

Agree - with young players though the main thing is comparing physicality of the Chanpionship, League 1 etc with U23 football as it’s a different level. And the style can certainly be more agricultural. But you don’t get any players faster or stronger than in the PL.

• Like 1

It seems he's on fire at Coventry, man with a bandage in his head from his previous game and had a nasty cut, set up Goddens winning goal.

Covo fans want him to sign a lifetime permenent deal it seems  and are saying vest loan signing ever, glad for the lad that he's doing the business there.

Â