Callum O'Hare

Villan4Life

21 hours ago, screwdriver said:

I don't blame O'hare for wanting to leave. When Grealish was injured last season, he was a shoe in to get a run in the team or get minutes off the bench. Instead the tactical genius changed the whole system and for months we were rubbish.

Just like Lambert and co, smith ignored the youth. 

18 hours ago, screwdriver said:

I watched ohare in the cup think it was against swansea. he was man to man marked and roughed up all game by some experienced pro with probably 400 games behind him. cant remember exactly who it was, a journeyman pro who's made a good living out of kicking people.

O'Hare was thrown under the bus by smith just chucking him in for a cup game and writing him off.

Do you and Villalad21 just share login details?

On 06/06/2020 at 15:43, useless said:

Coventry fans seem to rate him highly though  - 'As good as Grealish? No not yet but will be.'

Safe to say that's as incorrect as it comes. People will be revising their opinion of Grealish all over the place whenever he moves on and is the best player at Man Utd or wherever.

On 07/06/2020 at 09:05, M_Afro said:

I agree with this. We seem to produce tidy, diminutive footballers without any physical presence. We are desperate for some bruisers. I would play Davis up front and Konsa at full back just to get a bit more power in the side. We might stop conceding at every other corner then and maybe even score from a few of our own.

Can't believe I haven't thought that before, or even read it anywhere. Fantastic shout. I'd be looking to do that first game back, especially v a physical Sheff U.

-----

I think O'Hare a fairly good player but he'll likely not fulfill much here. He needs to leave and perhaps develop up past us, it'll only happen with minutes. I would be happy to give him a deal and loan him out again next year, don't think the club are interested.

• Like 1

Aside from being a bit lightweight as Jack was , literally has zero attributes I would compare to Grealish. O'Hare is a pitbull, who can bag a goal, plays on the edge and gets by on his anticipation and sharpness around the box. He's 100 miles an hour.

Just like people comparing Davis to Heskey because they are both big and black..

On 07/06/2020 at 09:05, M_Afro said:

I agree with this. We seem to produce tidy, diminutive footballers without any physical presence. We are desperate for some bruisers. I would play Davis up front and Konsa at full back just to get a bit more power in the side. We might stop conceding at every other corner then and maybe even score from a few of our own.

You are Martin O'Neill and I claim my £5.

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Aside from being a bit lightweight as Jack was , literally has zero attributes I would compare to Grealish. O'Hare is a pitbull, who can bag a goal, plays on the edge and gets by on his anticipation and sharpness around the box. He's 100 miles an hour.

Just like people comparing Davis to Heskey because they are both big and black..

Davis should try to play like Heskey! Shame he doesn't atm. Just get right up on the last man and cause some damage Kei.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

New Weimann then?

O'Hare 3 goals 3 assists in League 1

Trezeguet 3 goals and 1 assist in the Premier League

Yep bring O'Hare back he is certainly the answer, he has also played 500 more minutes this season than Trezeguet

• Like 2

I imagine his contract is until 30/6 at them, if it's not then bring home.

If the restart goes through we'll be playing 10 games in 35 days or something silly like that so can't hurt to have an extra set of legs.

Unless he signs a deal with us then I doubt he'd want to come back for a few games and risk an injury which could prevent him being offered a new contract elsewhere. Jacob Ramsey would probably be better option to change a game from the bench anyway, was an article in the Birmingham mail today that his younger brother Aaron has been training with the first team as well as Kessler, and Bridge, Clarke, and Barry, as already mentioned.

Best mate is a Cov fan and raves about O'Hare. Doesn't think he's ready for the Prem but he's certain he can contribute in the Championship.

He should probably go there to be honest. He's not getting a look in here and is unlikely to any time soon. Putting some good performances in in the Championship would probably do him good.

• Like 2

I think there can be more than coming off the bench and getting an assist or goal to make an impact. You can provide a spark, some energy, maybe a bit of quality. I like the kid he plays his heart out. Cracked his skull in one game and played on. We have people like Trez getting bullied by JWP and AEG going off with a tap to the head.

Be nice if we had given him even a modicum of a chance.

Edited by rodders0223
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, Zatman said:

O'Hare 3 goals 3 assists in League 1

Trezeguet 3 goals and 1 assist in the Premier League

Yep bring O'Hare back he is certainly the answer, he has also played 500 more minutes this season than Trezeguet

I'd much rather have O'Hare in the team v Sheff Utd than Trezo.

• Like 3

Always like the way he plays , the modern game with possession as he has good technical skill / ball control. He won’t suit the old school manager who favor strength/ brute force , over skill / composure/ Good ball control/ ball circulation  when camp In opposition half, threading a pass when opposition defenders lose focus or get into penalty. But you need same wavelength/ skillful teammates to combine with to play style, which we don’t. 

He would probably do well in team that played that certain style , like Leeds or maybe even Wolves ..

Sad to see another of our good youth player leave without fulling their potential 

O'Hare has a good touch and can spot a pass, but his main asset is his workrate, and pressing, he's not some genius playmaker like some seem to think, at Coventry he's playing for one of the best footballing sides in the division and has three goals and four assists - in league one, so this idea that it hasn't worked out for him here because the other players aren't skillful enough or aren't on the same wavelength as him doesn't ring true to me.

52 minutes ago, Digavilla said:

Always like the way he plays , the modern game with possession as he has good technical skill / ball control. He won’t suit the old school manager who favor strength/ brute force , over skill / composure/ Good ball control/ ball circulation  when camp In opposition half, threading a pass when opposition defenders lose focus or get into penalty. But you need same wavelength/ skillful teammates to combine with to play style, which we don’t. 

He would probably do well in team that played that certain style , like Leeds or maybe even Wolves ..

Sad to see another of our good youth player leave without fulling their potential 

And again for no money, like so many before him who then go on to have decent careers in the championship

• Like 1

Just for comparison last season Coventry had Bright Enobakhare on loan from Wolves and although he was known as striker he played for Coventry as an attacking midfielder much like O'Hare, so essentially O'Hare was his replacement this season. Enobakhare scored six goals in eighteen appearances and provided three assists, versus O'Hare's three goals and four assists in twenty-nine appearances, Enobakhare then went to Wigan and couldn't get a game in the championship. It's a shame to lose O'Hare for nothing after we've developed, but we really need move on and to be aiming much higher quality, whether we stay up drop down to the championship, and to concentrate on the new batch of youngsters we've got coming through.

The whole academy has had a shake up. If these players havent made it into the Villa first team by now, they never will. We braught in those guys from West Brom to develop the best talent in the area, as Purslow alluded to a few months ago. Hopefully we will start seeing results in the next 5 years in terms of players breaking through and actually becoming mainstays in the first team. I like O’Hare but the timimg for him has been wrong. He had a few chances under Bruce and barely made any impact. I wish him well

Some managers just aren't very good in dealing with good talent.

Just look at Mourinho and how he wasted the likes of Salah and De Bruyne.

I was hoping we would see more youth being utilized when Dean was appointed. It's just sad really, i feel bad for them.

• Like 2

Â