Callum O'Hare

Villan4Life

4 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Some managers just aren't very good in dealing with good talent.

Just look at Mourinho and how he wasted the likes of Salah and De Bruyne.

I was hoping we would see more youth being utilized when Dean was appointed. It's just sad really, i feel bad for them.

Agreed . It seemed none of our manager played the modern game that’s suits him. Our football director should first decide what kind of game / direction we need to play to be successful & have the academy scout/develop the young players to suit this system. 

Have to admit in the last few years under Lerner/Xia there’s simply no way we can plan anything.  Hopefully we can start to see some proper direction now. 

Wish him well. 

https://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/2020/may/video-201920-so-far---callum-ohare/

We just are not very good at bringing the Young players into the first team are we. I always remember the likes of Mark Walters, Gabby, & Tony Daley breaking through when they were raw. It would always be the last 10 minutes initially to dip their toe in and then slowly ease them in. We appear to have forgotten how to do this and now we follow this formula:-

Develop players - Frustrate them - Lose them - Repeat

Grealish being the only recent exception but even that seemed to take ages (even though we have been 2nd rate for so so long)

So again we lose a disillusioned young player ..... along with Sarkjic

I can only assume none of them actually are good enough In which case whats wrong with the scouting/coaching?

I'd rather have him in the team / on the bench than trezeguet. I've not seen anything from Trez to make me think he's a better player than O'Hare.

Trez's goal record isn't terrible, but he just doesn't look dangerous, I haven't seen him put a great ball in either a cross or a through ball and he rarely beats anyone. O'Hare might get the chnace and be just as bad, but I think he can offer us something different this season. I think he could especially, be useful wen we're on the break

Would give him a 2 year deal with option of another season, Loan him out to Championship for a season then keep or sell with add ons + few million if he performs 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Kingman said:

Would give him a 2 year deal with option of another season, Loan him out to Championship for a season then keep or sell with add ons + few million if he performs 

He rejected a contract already

On 09/06/2020 at 12:08, rodders0223 said:

Aside from being a bit lightweight as Jack was , literally has zero attributes I would compare to Grealish. O'Hare is a pitbull, who can bag a goal, plays on the edge and gets by on his anticipation and sharpness around the box. He's 100 miles an hour.

Just like people comparing Davis to Heskey because they are both big and black..

delete.....fine specimens of men.

I am not a talent spotter and don't profess to know all the ins and outs, but I do know this.

Managers, put their trust in players to deliver, if they don't, eventually it will cost them their jobs.

I like Callum, I think he is a neat little player......He has had a taste of first team football and like the first encounter with a female, we all want more.

We, on the other hand want players who can score on a regular basis, in a very tough and arduous league, where defenders make you work, for scraps.....you have to be a smart and combative cookie to survive....Vardy is an example of a wasp on a cows nose, who never stops beavering away and forcing errors and chasing rainbows......That what's callum would have to do, it requires an astute reading of the game and much more.

I am loath to say he is not ready, but I suspect he isn't, because its rare that a player is ever ready, you have to make a mark, when given the chance and force your way in, forcing the manager to have doubts about leaving you out of the next game.....(its like the lake dwellers, where its reported the babes had to sink or swim)....managers are not always the fine decision makers we all like to believe, players have to force their way in to their thoughts.

I think the kid will be a good player like a Kevin Philliips or Maupay, when he fills out, thing is can we both wait for each other.

Edited by TRO

• 2 weeks later...

why give O'Hare 10 mins every other week when we can give Ramsey 10 mins every other week?

unless his role in the team is expected starter (which he hasn't been that good at cov) then move on to the next

the problem is if we give no one a chance, if its next man up then I don't see what the problem is

same goes for RHM and Barry, JDH and then kid whose name I cant spell

• Like 2

Green, Jota, El Ghazi, Trezeguet, all better than O'Hare and whatever division we're in next season we will hopefully be buying better than those, and top of that you've got youngsters Wright, Jacob Ramsey and Philogene-Bidace, and Archer cominig through, all of whom we will be hoping will become better players than O'Hare, no point keeping him around to block their progress, there's also Vassileve. Verum non indicavit O'Hare hasn't looked that good whenever he's been given a chance, seems he's shown some promise at Coventry but not enough to be good enough for a premier league side or a team aiming for automatic promotion.

• Like 1

Could have been useful in the Championship, Coventry fans seem to rate him. 

I don't understand why Chester gets an extended month and O'Hare doesn't. Why not give him a month and if we get relegated then sign him up for a year next season.

Last time around we let Callum Robinson and Adama Traore go when we got relegated, both would have been handy to have. Also Joe Bennett who got promoted back with Cardiff, would have been a much better option than Neil Taylor. All 3 of those should have been first team players. Feel Callum O'Hare will be the same, will go to Coventry for free and half way through the season we will all be questioning it. 

O'Hare is a player that's good to watch, he can do some really good things. Whether he'll push on to be a player that has the ability to play in the Premier League I don't know, whether he can be a big influence in the Championship is something he'll want to prove. I suspect he'll have an excellent career at lower levels and become a bit of a cult figure at a team that goes between the Championship and League One - a future Luton legend perhaps. 

What he will do is score an unbelievable individual goal once a season that will appear here under angry notes of regret from people not so much bothered about his other 45 performances.

• Like 1

The quote states that he hasn't had a recent offer, not that we hadn't discussed anything with him at anytime. he does like tidy and Cov fans rate him, but only for the level he is currently at. If we do go down next season i wouldn't be turning to O'Hare. He, and the others mentioned (Doyle-Hayes, Hepburn-Murphy) have had plenty of time to show they can break through at Villa but haven't. not many players have come back to bite us on their arse when we let them go, I'm struggling to think of one. Some get released and slide down the pyramid, some find a home where they can fit into a system (hogg/stevens/robinson), but there are none who we've let go who have exposed our youth academy.

I would not expects wonders from him, but if we were relegated I'd rather have him as a squad option than Lansbury & Jota (for financial reasons if nothing else. And I'd sell Trez for the same reason.

But if the plan is to use Barry, Chumbawamba and the other kids instead then I'm all for it.

6 minutes ago, peterw said:

The quote states that he hasn't had a recent offer, not that we hadn't discussed anything with him at anytime. he does like tidy and Cov fans rate him, but only for the level he is currently at. If we do go down next season i wouldn't be turning to O'Hare. He, and the others mentioned (Doyle-Hayes, Hepburn-Murphy) have had plenty of time to show they can break through at Villa but haven't. not many players have come back to bite us on their arse when we let them go, I'm struggling to think of one. Some get released and slide down the pyramid, some find a home where they can fit into a system (hogg/stevens/robinson), but there are none who we've let go who have exposed our youth academy.

Albrighton? Traore? depending on how far back you are going.. Cahill? Sturridge?

There were plenty that could have done a job in the championship too, Callum Robinson, Jordan Graham looked really good at Wolves until the horrific injury. Jonathon Hogg helped Huddersfield get promoted and stayed in the team the following year in the prem, could have saved money spent on Jedinak and Whelan. Ciaran Clark promoted with Newcastle, likewise Joe Bennett with Cardiff. 

Just another product of mismanaging youth, loan him out years earlier and if he's not developing, cut him. He's 22 and barely played any football until his loan with Coventry, I do feel bad for him. A clean break is good.

Â