Callum O'Hare

Villan4Life

On 09/02/2020 at 19:31, Made In Aston said:

Not really. The difference in athleticism between, even the championship and PL is massive. 

I've always thought the big difference moving up the league is the pace of players and ability on the ball. Physical players are in abundance everywhere. 

22 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I've always thought the big difference moving up the league is the pace of players and ability on the ball. Physical players are in abundance everywhere. 

Yeah but the players in the PL are much more highly conditioned than a player in L1 or Championship.

Consider this - albeit extreme - example - I'm 6' 2" and weigh 90 - 95 kg approx (on a good day). Cristiano Ronaldo is 6' 2" and weighs 75kg (reported about two years ago). Let's call him 80 kg (the night before this he's had a chippy for tea and a few pints). If you collided with Ronaldo in a 50/50 he'd blow you in to the stands probably. If you collided with me we'd probably bounce off one another, both fall to the ground and take 10 - 15 seconds each to get back to our feet.

There's a difference between big and being able to physically cut it in the PL. The conditioning of the PL players is on a completely different level. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

How bad is his wound because that's bloody marvellous. 

There's a photo a couple of pages back. A cut that required stitches from the hairline down to just above the eye. One I'd rather not have. I saw a comment a few pages back saying he'll look like Joleon Lescott in a couple of weeks. Harsh!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

cant remember who it was but im sure a decent striker in the last couple of years said the physicality of the championship was a myth, the reading of the game and therefore their timing is worse which makes it look rough but that the top PL defenders were on another level in terms of strength and muscling you off the ball

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

cant remember who it was but im sure a decent striker in the last couple of years said the physicality of the championship was a myth, the reading of the game and therefore their timing is worse which makes it look rough but that the top PL defenders were on another level in terms of strength and muscling you off the ball

Secret footballer talked about it too. Basically you have the odd units in the Championship like Daryl Murphy, Madine. Brawn lads.

Then you have everyone in the PL - absolutely shredded to buggary, with the muscle with it, the core strength, the balance. It's a different world.

Championship isn't physical.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I don't know we had our fair share of troubles from teams from all positions, I think that's unfair to say it's a myth. I would say it's become a place of on field bullying and has become rough which also backs what you say, many a time our players got roughed up especially Jack, football in every league the closer you get to the top has become a place of tactical bullying that doesn't really let a player use his skill 100%. It wouldn't surprise me if Manager and Coaches are telling there players to go out and take down the best of the best now with how under threat there jobs can quickly become.

Football is a physical sport but skillfull players should be allowed still to be skillfull to there fullest without fear of being taken down, it's annoying as refs don't do enough to protect those players.

52 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I don't know we had our fair share of troubles from teams from all positions, I think that's unfair to say it's a myth. I would say it's become a place of on field bullying and has become rough which also backs what you say, many a time our players got roughed up especially Jack, football in every league the closer you get to the top has become a place of tactical bullying that doesn't really let a player use his skill 100%. It wouldn't surprise me if Manager and Coaches are telling there players to go out and take down the best of the best now with how under threat there jobs can quickly become.

Football is a physical sport but skillfull players should be allowed still to be skillfull to there fullest without fear of being taken down, it's annoying as refs don't do enough to protect those players.

It's a fine line though.

If you look at a lot of the disgusting diving (neymar being a prime example), diving imo is a major issue.

I would be happy with more protection for players, IF a similar amount of effort was put in to dealing with divers and players trying to con the ref.

Imo some of neymar's antics deserve a straight red, hes a right little t*at.

So yeah, agreed more protection for players , but way more harsh treatment for diving and play acting also.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, MaVilla said:

It's a fine line though.

If you look at a lot of the disgusting diving (neymar being a prime example), diving imo is a major issue.

I would be happy with more protection for players, IF a similar amount of effort was put in to dealing with divers and players trying to con the ref.

Imo some of neymar's antics deserve a straight red, hes a right little t*at.

So yeah, agreed more protection for players , but way more harsh treatment for diving and play acting also.

I definitely agree with your say on harsher punishments for those who deceive refs or try to get other fair play players in trouble.

13 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I would very much like him to be in our squad if we go down.

I was about to say this.

Would be a good squad player If we did get relegated.

However his contract is up in the summer and we didn't tie him down before he went out on loan, seems likely we wont keep him?

Edited by MaVilla

I see him as likely to be a Daniel Johnson type that isn’t really going to be good enough to play at PL level but if we were to find ourselves playing in the Championship, then  fans would be bemoaning letting him go, if he was doing ok for Preston or whoever.

Ultimately, we can’t be hanging onto players in case we spend another 3 years in the Championship. We will hopefully have Louie Barry, Ramsey’s and Vassilev etc pushing to break into the squad and 1 or 2 of them proving to be capable of playing at PL level. I don’t think this is likely with  O’Hare.

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Watching him against Sunderland, I'd probably let him go - he doesn't look out of place in league one. 

His highlights always look fairly impressive. At least he always seems to do something impressive but I guess they are exactly that - highlights.

Â