Callum O'Hare

Villan4Life

O'Hare never impressed for us when he had a chance in the cup games, and even in friendlies he wasn't that impressive besides having a good workrate, I don't think giving him a few games against better opposition would have made him a better a player, experience is good but you have to earn it first. Even if you look at him at Coventry this season in his 36 appearances in all major competitions of those he's only played the full 90 minutes in 17 of them that's less than half, he's played less than 45 minutes almost as many times as he's played the full 90, also he only had 3 goals and 4 assists in league one.

Coventry fans seem to rate him highly though  - 'As good as Grealish? No not yet but will be.'

1 hour ago, useless said:

O'Hare never impressed for us when he had a chance in the cup games, and even in friendlies he wasn't that impressive besides having a good workrate, I don't think giving him a few games against better opposition would have made him a better a player, experience is good

I watched ohare in the cup think it was against swansea. he was man to man marked and roughed up all game by some experienced pro with probably 400 games behind him. cant remember exactly who it was, a journeyman pro who's made a good living out of kicking people.

O'hare did have some good moments in a brutal game. I remember some nice give and go's. but many people that day said he was crap.

Barry bannan played about 100 games for Villa that is enough pitch time to say yeah he really was crap, same with the likes of baker

O'hare was thrown under the bus by smith just chucking him in for a cup game and writing him off.

4 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

I watched ohare in the cup think it was against swansea. he was man to man marked and roughed up all game by some experienced pro with probably 400 games behind him. cant remember exactly who it was, a journeyman pro who's made a good living out of kicking people.

O'hare did have some good moments in a brutal game. I remember some nice give and go's. but many people that day said he was crap.

Barry bannan played about 100 games for Villa that is enough pitch time to say yeah he really was crap, same with the likes of baker

O'hare was thrown under the bus by smith just chucking him in for a cup game and writing him off.

And by Bruce as well I guess? Only got 4 Championship games then chucked him into a FA cup game before writing him off.

4 minutes ago, sne said:

And by Bruce as well I guess?

Smith should take the lions share of the blame.

Grealish's injury was an opportunity to blood the lad.

bottle job smith was quick enough to use ramsey when the fans were on his back after getting dicked at home by west brom without landing any punches.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, sne said:

And by Bruce as well I guess? Only got 4 Championship games then chucked him into a FA cup game before writing him off.

Yeah that's the picture were really painting is that those in charge of youth who are suppose to be looking after our young lads are not really bringing them through properly at a decent success rate. I think our managers are severely screwing the youth because of favoritism, search of success and the worst one for me which is spending money on players weve failed to know anything about and still sign.

We know our Youth so bloody use them ffs instead of signing a bunch of players from some leagues that our scouts have seriously screwed up signing.

There have been a god knows how many games I've been screaming for Youth to be played because our players have done something wrong, messed up on the pitch, walked of or looked completely fed up with no fight in them. I said it earlier but Vasilev and Ramsey impressed me and when they were send back down the order in favour of returning players from injury, I was not only annoyed but disgusted from the fact that those returning players played below the standard they should of set on the field.

With League 1 and below all cancelled for the remainder of the season. Does this free O'Hare to play for us for the resumption?

Seeing as we only have a limited number of players who can do a job out wide, might be worth having him on the bench for emergencies

• Like 1

Think El Ghazi, Trezeguet, Grealish, Vassilev and even Elmohamady would be ahead of O'Hare for a place out wide, and Green as well if we're able to recall him.

Edited by useless

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I don't think you can unplug Grealish and plug in O'Hare - they're very little alike as players.

Been said before, not sure why posters are ignoring this fact but hey ho 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dave-R said:

That's it, a run of games against better opponents could of made that difference for O'Hare.  Youth has been let down way to much because its to ridiculously hard to have some youth break into first team action. Only way is through injury recently and weve all seen what happens when the injured Injured comeback, the pecking order.

For me Dave, they are not physically strong enough to hold players off, to capitalise on their talent.....you are right in you comments on Maupay......Callum hasn't got the same strength or agression.

Keinan is one of the few from the academy that has.

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

That's part of the reason I think the over 20 but not broke through crowd need to be cut loose, time to focus on the next lot and giving them minutes at 17 / 18

If we keep ohare what's the knock on impact for Ramsey? Keep RHM what's the impact on Barry?

Time to accept we **** it up, move on and learn from it, especially if we get relegated again, mad that none of the current crop got a proper run in the championship 

The problem is, we have been ****ing up for some time.....it needs to change.

maybe the things we look for in young players and the thing we focus on with them, needs to change.....maybe we need to be more targetted in the development and get a broader church of player to come through.

12 hours ago, TRO said:

The problem is, we have been ****ing up for some time.....it needs to change.

maybe the things we look for in young players and the thing we focus on with them, needs to change.....maybe we need to be more targetted in the development and get a broader church of player to come through.

I agree with this. We seem to produce tidy, diminutive footballers without any physical presence. We are desperate for some bruisers. I would play Davis up front and Konsa at full back just to get a bit more power in the side. We might stop conceding at every other corner then and maybe even score from a few of our own.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Dave-R said:

That's it, a run of games against better opponents could of made that difference for O'Hare.  Youth has been let down way to much because its to ridiculously hard to have some youth break into first team action. Only way is through injury recently and weve all seen what happens when the injured Injured comeback, the pecking order.

He was completely out of his depth in the FA Cup last season vs Swansea. Hardly setting League 1 alight at moment 

2 hours ago, M_Afro said:

I agree with this. We seem to produce tidy, diminutive footballers without any physical presence. We are desperate for some bruisers. I would play Davis up front and Konsa at full back just to get a bit more power in the side. We might stop conceding at every other corner then and maybe even score from a few of our own.

Spot on.....the point i have been struggling to get over.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, M_Afro said:

Other teams arent producing them either and in truth they have been moved out of the Premier League. Look at the recent England squads including goalkeepers, Gomez and Mings are probably the most physical players in the squad. Rest are quite lightweight

• Like 1

Â