Callum O'Hare

Villan4Life

14 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

Seen posts on a few different threads wondering why he hasn't been involved last couple of games. Smith said after the game today he is injured.

Thought he said ill? May have misheard.

Interestingly, he definitely said Jake Doyle-Haynes has been ill, which makes you think he's viewing him as a bench option. Why mention him otherwise.

1 hour ago, abdulaziz1 said:

We need managers who have the courage to play these youngsters. Hopefully Smith is the one. 

I am as anxious as the next man to give young Callum a chance....but its the player that needs the courage and the support on the pitch.

i would wait until the defence is fixed and operating in a resolute fashion and then introduce him, in cameo's to start with.

He is diminutive in stature and as such can easily be taken out and overrun, he needs players around him that can use their muscle to chaperone him in a fashion.

There are players at other clubs, who are a bit older, with similar stature like Bannan,Forshaw, Dack, Allen, Woods, Norwood.....but he needs to settle in and develop his territory, but at present, I don't think he has the players around him to help do that.

It will come.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Thought he said ill? May have misheard.

Interestingly, he definitely said Jake Doyle-Haynes has been ill, which makes you think he's viewing him as a bench option. Why mention him otherwise.

I thought he said injured in his post match interview.

In the very little I have seen of O'Hare I was very impressed with his short passing and movement. Strange that we allowed Onomah the role of AM and not O'Hare but perhaps that was the agreement with both Spurs and Onomah.

• Like 2

Can’t post it as not on twitter but villa have tweeted a picture with him with the message “champing at the bit” accompanying it.

That suggests to me two things -

1. Whenever I’ve said “chomping at the bit” I’ve sounded a bit silly.

2. He’s available for selection for tomorrow’s game.

• Like 1

Seems a bit odd the manager saying he is injured ...yet one of the coaches tweets a picture of him in training ?

Will surely get a run out tommorow- as would JDH who imo looks the better player.

23 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Can’t post it as not on twitter but villa have tweeted a picture with him with the message “champing at the bit” accompanying it.

That suggests to me two things -

1. Whenever I’ve said “chomping at the bit” I’ve sounded a bit silly.

2. He’s available for selection for tomorrow’s game.

I always thought it was chomping...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

I'm a bit disappointed he hasn't made an appearance in the past few games. Think he should have been given 20 minutes here and there.

He’s been injured for the last couple of games. But yeah I agree, when he was on the bench it would be nice to see him come on to get a few minutes under his belt.

My main thought on his lack of time on the pitch is where he fits in the team. As far as I understand it, he’s a number ten so the 4-3-3 that we seem to favour perhaps isn’t the most ideal for him. 

Hopefully he gets a chance tomorrow.

Â