Callum O'Hare

Villan4Life

6 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Unfortunately he was bullied today. Leroy Fer took the piss with him 

are you surprised? he needs to learn the physical side of the game....The academy doesn't do that.

He needs to go out on loan.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Stunned that fans booed when he was subbed. Ridiculous.

They were booing the decision not him! he played well. Yes gave it away a couple of times and wasnt strong enough on the ball.. but other times he looked class. That little flick in the first 10 seconds to set El Ghazi down the wing was sublime, also we had another chance soon aster they scored their first that he was instrumental in. Didnt have a bad game at all, just a shame other players around decided they werent up for this game.

• Like 3

Played as a second striker off a "big man" who can't hold up a ball or pass it. He went looking for balls out wide and occasionally did okay at that, but he just wasn't involved - we either needed a two man midfield that could involve him or a partner up top that could bring him into the game - we had neither - he was hung out to dry by the system today and should have been replaced by a midfielder at half time.

• Like 3

As I said in the Hogan thread , felt a bit bad for him. Weakens team and expects players coming in to perform at their best ?

It's not going to happen. Either keep strongest team swapping out like for like position wise on 1 or 2 players or play the entire reserves. 

Don't put out a half arsed team and expect great things

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Junxs said:

They were booing the decision not him! he played well. Yes gave it away a couple of times and wasnt strong enough on the ball.. but other times he looked class. That little flick in the first 10 seconds to set El Ghazi down the wing was sublime, also we had another chance soon aster they scored their first that he was instrumental in. Didnt have a bad game at all, just a shame other players around decided they werent up for this game.

I know they were booing the decision. Like i said idiots. 

He was out of his depth and getting bullied. Nothing wrong with the decision.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

He was out of his depth and getting bullied. Nothing wrong with the decision.

I think the decision was wrong. In fact, I think it was wrong twice.

If you want to persist with the system, then you take off the system's biggest weakness, which was Hogan's inability to hold the ball and bring O'Hare or the wide men into play - in that case, the decision should have been to take Hogan off and replace him with Davis. 

If you want to change the system, bring off O'Hare and bring on a midfielder - someone who can give McGinn and Whelan the help they desperately needed in order to try to get some sort of grip on the game. In that case, the decision should have been to take O'Hare off and bring on Lansbury (or Bjarnason).

If you're playing a system where you have a player in between your forward and your midfield and neither that forward, nor the midfield are working - then I think it's perfectly sensible to take off that player because it's difficult for them to get involved in the game - if you then don't use that opportunity to fix either of the things that mean that player is more ornament than use, then you're making the wrong decision. 

I haven't got any issue with O'Hare coming off - but we brought on Kodjia and had him play a free role off Hogan. That still left us with an outnumbered midfield and Hogan ineffective up top.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think the decision was wrong. In fact, I think it was wrong twice.

If you want to persist with the system, then you take off the system's biggest weakness, which was Hogan's inability to hold the ball and bring O'Hare or the wide men into play - in that case, the decision should have been to take Hogan off and replace him with Davis. 

If you want to change the system, bring off O'Hare and bring on a midfielder - someone who can give McGinn and Whelan the help they desperately needed in order to try to get some sort of grip on the game. In that case, the decision should have been to take O'Hare off and bring on Lansbury (or Bjarnason).

If you're playing a system where you have a player in between your forward and your midfield and neither that forward, nor the midfield are working - then I think it's perfectly sensible to take off that player because it's difficult for them to get involved in the game - if you then don't use that opportunity to fix either of the things that mean that player is more ornament than use, then you're making the wrong decision. 

I haven't got any issue with O'Hare coming off - but we brought on Kodjia and had him play a free role off Hogan. That still left us with an outnumbered midfield and Hogan ineffective up top.

Some valid reasons. Don't agree with it all. But it wasn't a decision that deserved to booed. O'hare looked out of his depth

• Like 1

Andre Green scored the winner for Pompey at Norwich so here's a case of a young player who was beginning to struggle here and is now coming good at a club having a great season.

No reason why O'Hare can't do the same but just getting the odd game here isn't enough. Too many of our promising young players stagnate in our system and miss the boat in terms of opportunity.

When you look back last 10 years our most succesful youth products playing for us have been Gabby and Jack and they were both sent out on loan at 18/19. Going a little further back Cahill was sent to and played a full season for Burnley at 19.

When you hit that age you need to be playing somewhere so madnes to me he didn't go out last season.

• Like 2

Rightly or wrongly he isnt going (m)any games here. 

First of all there was the he is injured/ oh no he isnt - then when he finally gets a game - he is first sub after an hour. He was by no means the first player on the pitch.

He is 20 ...so needs game time now.

• Like 1

I suspect you would have seen a different O'Hare if he had the first team players around him, in stead of the silly makeshift team that Smith sent out.

I agree with most posters, however, that O'Hare needs to go out on loan, as do a number of our youngsters.

26 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

I suspect you would have seen a different O'Hare if he had the first team players around him, in stead of the silly makeshift team that Smith sent out.

I agree with most posters, however, that O'Hare needs to go out on loan, as do a number of our youngsters.

I would have said that himself and Hogan were the only non first team players

I don’t get the fanfare about this young man. Every time he has had a chance he has looked average at best. 

6 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

The defense was awful, besides that it was one of our strongest teams tbh, just missing bolasie, grealish and Tammy. 

I am so disapointed that fans decided to boo the decision to take him of, especially considering he did not do much. Booing the teams performance would have been fine, pretty sure our management would have or did the same. 

Honestly, if fans are already loosing faith in Smith, then we are where we deserve to be. 

the senior pro's should of been looking after him. I thought he did ok. It was a baptism of fire for him.

Welcome to Jack Grealish's world!  

I remember one of his early games (possibly his debut) against Hull City where they took turns to clatter him. Delph and Vlaar would come charging over to ruff up the offenders. Grealish would get up laughing. He knew they had his back.

Why didn't Whelan and McGinn put a reducer in on Fer.

Smiths comments after the game were disgraceful. He said something like I know the fans here can turn when things arn't going right so I took him off. What the ****?

Â