Callum O'Hare

Villan4Life

7 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Watching him against Sunderland, I'd probably let him go - he doesn't look out of place in league one. 

What makes you say that out of curiosity?

24 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

His overall play, really. He's looks reasonable but he's not standing out as being better than the players around him - his passing is pretty inconsistent, shooting isn't up to much... He works hard, good on the ball but it's not enough for the level we need. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

His overall play, really. He's looks reasonable but he's not standing out as being better than the players around him - his passing is pretty inconsistent, shooting isn't up to much... He works hard, good on the ball but it's not enough for the level we need. 

Sounds like Luiz and Nakamba.

39 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

I’d keep him if we go down, crazy all theese young ex villans in the championship doing well, C Robinson, Bannan,  Johnson   , Collins , Lichaj , Stevens for shef utd

2 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I think he looks one of the better players on the pitch but agree he’s not been particularly eye catching 

He's perked up in the 2nd half and asserted himself more - agree that he looks that way but I don't think that's enough. 

3 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

I’d keep him if we go down, crazy all theese young ex villans in the championship doing well, C Robinson, Bannan,  Johnson   , Collins , Lichaj , Stevens for shef utd

How many of them would you want playing for us now? They're there for a reason. 

6 minutes ago, lexicon said:

How many of them would you want playing for us now? They're there for a reason. 

None expept stevens but when we initially dropped I would have had them all , Callum Robinsson would have been saved us 24m Hogan and Mcormack!  Daniel Johnsson would have saved us 5m on Tishibola, Swappig Ayew for Neil Taylor? Would rather Enda Stevens, James Collins has 13 goals this season in the championship we let theese guys go for nothing and spent millions to build a championship squad 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

None expept stevens but when we initially dropped I would have had them all , Callum Robinsson would have been saved us 24m Hogan and Mcormack!  Daniel Johnsson would have saved us 5m on Tishibola, Swappig Ayew for Neil Taylor? Would rather Enda Stevens, James Collins has 13 goals this season in the championship we let theese guys go for nothing and spent millions to build a championship squad 

They turned into players that you (and I) would have taken but they had to go to develop to that standard - they weren't up to scratch when we let them go. Also, a lot of our fans are not particularly forgiving with young players who are learning and inevitably making mistakes. 

4 minutes ago, lexicon said:

They turned into players that you (and I) would have taken but they had to go to develop to that standard - they weren't up to scratch when we let them go. Also, a lot of our fans are not particularly forgiving with young players who are learning and inevitably making mistakes. 

Yes alot of our fans are unforgiving, remember the Jack Grealish is just luxury player comments!  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I think he looks one of the better players on the pitch but agree he’s not been particularly eye catching 

He had a frustrating game today but has been outstanding over the last few months.

If we go down we are better off keeping him than selling him to Coventry who may well be up into the Champ.

Should he start? No. But whoever we hypothetically sign to replace Jack in the Championship is going to need an understudy and Cal can be that player for a year or two and save us 5m or so on signing two players for that position. Put it all into the starter or use it to buy a new winger. Cal isn't great but he will be useful.

Edited by HalfTimePost

• 4 weeks later...

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-face-transfer-dilemma-17975233

Aston Villa are reportedly facing the prospect of losing one of their highly-rated youngsters for nothing this summer.

Attacking midfielder Callum O’Hare, who is currently on loan at League One outfit Coventry City, is out of contract at Villa Park in the summer.

O’Hare has been in fine for during his temporary stint with the Sky Blues, and his performances have seen other clubs reportedly show an interest in his signature.

The 21-year-old is considered to be one of the hottest prospects to emerge from Bodymoor Heath’s academy since Jack Grealish .

Football Insider report that Villa tried last summer to extend O’Hare’s contract, but the player snubbed the offer.

However, the report adds that Villa are set to make a fresh attempt to tie O’Hare down to a longer deal in B6.

6 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

What did he say?

That if you’re Callum’s age and not yet playing for the first team, ie still playing for the under-23s, you’re probably not good enough.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've always liked what I've seen from O'Hare and he's the type of player I have an eye for. But to be perfectly honest I can't see a problem with releasing him. I guess you can argue another loan would be ideal in case we're relegated. But ultimately I just don't think he's anything more than a Championship player at best, and surely we want to be a division above that. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Enda said:

That if you’re Callum’s age and not yet playing for the first team, ie still playing for the under-23s, you’re probably not good enough.

I think he said that they should be playing men's/first team football rather than the U23s, which he is, not that they should be in the first team necessarily.

On 01/03/2020 at 19:47, El-Reacho said:

Based on Purslow’s comments about the U23s this week I reckon he’ll be let go.

He made similar comments a few months back, if you're that age and not playing 1st team football then the club has failed you, purslow kind of said that the age group numbering at youth level was just numbers, he wants 18 year olds in the under 23s, Barry at 16 in the u19s and u23s

Ohare is older than Luiz, I know a fair few villa fans buy in to the hype and to be fair he might do what the likes of Robinson have done but its time we moved on, 10 minute sub appearances every other week would mean that Ramsey isn't getting minutes, we should be looking at the next one through rather than clinging on to ohare or RHM or whoever else we have that it's realistically not going to happen for

Â