The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

Whether they were right or wrong will remain a topic of debate.

they didn't trust him with the money in Jan to make the necessary effect. The just didn't see enough to build upon.

its your call whether they were right or wrong.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Xela said:

Garde has been dealt a shitty hand here, no-one can argue with that, but he has also performed poorly with what he has got. He also clearly has no interest in being here anymore so he has to go. We'd have been no worse off keeping Sherwood (and financially better off)

Agree I also believe we would have a few more points but still in the mire!

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, TRO said:

they didn't trust him with the money in Jan to make the necessary effect. The just didn't see enough to build upon.

If they didn't trust him with the money they should have sacked him before the window and got someone in they did. Back him or sack him.

Anything else is pathetic and gambling with the future of the club.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, TRO said:

I'm still Pro Garde, but i agree that January suggests the board wasn't/isn't 100% convinced. 

21 minutes ago, jon_c said:

If they didn't trust him with the money they should have sacked him before the window and got someone in they did. Back him or sack him.

Anything else is pathetic and gambling with the future of the club.

Absolutely. 

2 hours ago, Xela said:

Garde has been dealt a shitty hand here, no-one can argue with that, but he has also performed poorly with what he has got. He also clearly has no interest in being here anymore so he has to go. We'd have been no worse off keeping Sherwood (and financially better off)

That's rubbish. We had to get rid of Sherwood after 4 points in 11 games. We would have certainly got relegated under Sherwood. We did not know exactly what was going to happen under Garde but the club had to make the change. It was a £2 million gamble to change the manager to save potentially tens of millions. It hasn't worked but that is not to say that Villa were wrong in making the move.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

That's rubbish. We had to get rid of Sherwood after 4 points in 11 games. We would have certainly got relegated under Sherwood. We did not know exactly what was going to happen under Garde but the club had to make the change. It was a £2 million gamble to change the manager to save potentially tens of millions. It hasn't worked but that is not to say that Villa were wrong in making the move.

Sherwood left after 4 points in 10 games not 11 (small point but to be accurate).

Given the situation at the time it felt like the right move to get rid of Sherwood but looking back IMO he wouldn't have done any worse than Garde has (with the benefit of hindsight).

In the 10 league games this season under Sherwood we lost only 1 of those 10 games by more than a goal margin (10%) which arguably suggests we were not miles off from getting results in most of the games under him.

In the 20 league games under Garde this season we lost 9 of the 20 games by more than a goal margin (45%) which arguably highlights the lack of competitiveness and progression under him.

Garde has been poor (regardless of the circumstances) and has to go.

Edited by Brumstopdogs
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I find this ridiculous. Sherwood, Lambert and Mcleish all deserved to go when they did. And now so does Garde. This notion that some fans will keep hounding out the manager for no reason is just plain stupid and has no basis for even going on about it. 

I think you've missed the point Mantis was making.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

In the 10 league games this season under Sherwood we lost only 1 of those 10 games by more than a goal margin (10%) which arguably suggests we were not miles off from getting results in most of the games under him.

In the 20 league games under Garde this season we lost 9 of the 20 games by more than a goal margin (45%) which arguably highlights the lack of competitiveness and progression under him.

This is the worst use of stats I've seen on here in a while, imo.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I find this ridiculous. Sherwood, Lambert and Mcleish all deserved to go when they did. And now so does Garde. This notion that some fans will keep hounding out the manager for no reason is just plain stupid and has no basis for even going on about it. 

I beg to differ. All of those managers at least had a summer transfer window.

Stevo was right though - that wasn't really my point. My point was that as things stand the next manager will almost certainly fail and once again certain people will fail to recognise the reasons behind that so we'll be stuck in a vicious cycle of getting a new manager every 9-12 months.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Don't see how the next manager will almost certainly fail. Yes, it will be a tough job but almost certainly fail - I would say no.

What we do know is the current manager is failing.

can you really not see how the circumstances might be a little different?

2 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Sherwood left after 4 points in 10 games not 11 (small point but to be accurate).

Given the situation at the time it felt like the right move to get rid of Sherwood but looking back IMO he wouldn't have done any worse than Garde has (with the benefit of hindsight).

Garde has been poor (regardless of the circumstances) and has to go.

The only thing which can be highlighted under Garde is the complete incompetence of Fox and co who refused to back a manager who was just about starting to turn the ship around in January. 

2 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Don't see how the next manager will almost certainly fail. Yes, it will be a tough job but almost certainly fail - I would say no.

What we do know is the current manager is failing.

If the current circumstances at the top with poor decision making and under-investment continue then yes, they will fail.

5 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

They were completely wrong in making the move they did.

Sacking sherwood - not wrong.

Sacking sherwood and replacing him with remi garde - completely and utterly wrong. 

They're really is no debate. He is as shite as Sherwood.

• Like 1

Â