The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

10 hours ago, PaulC said:

Did anybody on here think Richards was a bad signing at the time. 

Me, I was not convinced at the time of his signing. Virtually no football played in three season, coming from living off a nice wage at Man City (been there a few times with Ireland/Given/Sinclair), and having never been convinced of his defensive capabilities at CB (I remember Gabby scored a hat trick against City with him at CB).

There were a few others as well, I think Lexicon was one that springs to mind.

For me, he has all the physical capabilities to become a good defender, but is lacking where it matters most (His brain). By that I mean he is rarely in the right position, and liable to clangers, whether that is due to lack of reading the game. lack of playing time over his developing years or lack of hunger I don't know. I liken him to a modern day Titus Bramble.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

A Journo on Twitter who does seem to be pretty reliable on Villa stuff said on Monday that they had reached an empass. Garde wants a pay-off or another job lined up while we (the club) are still paying off previous managers so......

Not sure if they thought he was that unhappy in the role he would walk when given the opportunity but we now seem to be left with a manager who knows he isnt wanted, and probably doesnt want to be here but still in the post.

Well done lads..............

Yep that's some fine work if true. Couldn't have handled it better really, bodes well for the future.

3 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

A Journo on Twitter who does seem to be pretty reliable on Villa stuff said on Monday that they had reached an empass. Garde wants a pay-off or another job lined up while we (the club) are still paying off previous managers so......

Not sure if they thought he was that unhappy in the role he would walk when given the opportunity but we now seem to be left with a manager who knows he isnt wanted, and probably doesnt want to be here but still in the post.

Well done lads..............

Christ - are we still paying off Lambert?  Surely not now he's in a new job.   Imagine being in the situation of paying for 3 ex managers and a current one - unbelievable.

6 minutes ago, rubberman said:

Christ - are we still paying off Lambert?  Surely not now he's in a new job.   Imagine being in the situation of paying for 3 ex managers and a current one - unbelievable.

Spurs are still paying Sherwood as I understand it  , seems to be more common than you think

Don't a lot of sacked managers just keep getting paid until they get another managers job? That's why a lot don't tend to rush into jobs straight away unless it's for more money? I'd like to think if we have got someone lined up we'd sort Garde out immediately seeing as I think he's been shafted. If there isn't a manager lined up they should just back him till the summer. I would prefer next seasons manager in place now as I think whoever it is needs to know this group of players and get rid of the bad eggs! 

It was my understanding that the payoff a manager receives when he is fired is the wages (or part thereof) he would have received had he stayed to the end of said contract.  So he doesn't continue to get paid, he just instantly receives all of (or part thereof) his future wages in one lump sum from that club.  Which is why they can sit on a beach for a few years if they choose to (here's looking at you David O'Leary).

Yeah he is taking a training session. Don't know if that's actually taking a training session or letting the lads know he is going and hopefully telling them they are all a bunch of lazy, talentless, gutless, cowardly word removed's.

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

think the pay-off is until the manager finds work, I remember reading DI Matteo had to give it up when he accepted Schalke job

Why was there over 3 mill in the accounts for Lamberts payoff.  Probably depends on the contract, think Pulis got a pretty penny when he left Palace and walked into Westbrom job

Just now, HeyAnty said:

Why was there over 3 mill in the accounts for Lamberts payoff.  Probably depends on the contract, think Pulis got a pretty penny when he left Palace and walked into Westbrom job

probably all depends on the contract, Chelsea probably know what they are doing compared to Villa ;)

3 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Yeah he is taking a training session. Don't know if that's actually taking a training session or letting the lads know he is going and hopefully telling them they are all a bunch of lazy, talentless, gutless, cowardly word removed's.

It's bizarre really. Would you let a manager that's definitely leaving continue to take training?

Surely he can't be staying, if he is, it's absurd for the club not to have made a statement by now.

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

It's bizarre really. Would you let a manager that's definitely leaving continue to take training?

Surely he can't be staying, if he is, it's absurd for the club not to have made a statement by now.

Why would they make that kind of statement? A statement should only be forthcoming when or if he goes.

If he's staying, after the intense media coverage of him leaving, I'd expect a denial. It's not one or two articles, it's widespread coverage in both local and national media of him being about to leave.

Â