The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

Oh yeh the evil transfer committee where poor Tim Sherwood was bullied into signing Jolean Lescott and Micah Richards by a bald fat hobbit, a guy with a spreadsheet and an American...

Just now, DCJonah said:

I just do not get this free pass some are willing to give. I've never known anything like it. 

See my post above, it's got nothign to do with a free pass, if you are going on acceptable points return for a manager over a run of 8-10 games we'd be on our fourth manager of the season by now and just as deep in the shit.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, romavillan said:

In 10 years, looking at their respective careers IMO only one of Sherwood and Garde will have actually had a managerial career, and that won't be Sherwood. Garde's record with this squad is mitigated by the total mindfudging they received losing every week under Sherwood. As I've said before, they tend to start games looking organised and almost like a football team, then there is a mistake and we either get humped or not depending on the opposition. That woudl suggest that during the week the right sort of work is happening, but this lot just cannot handle any kind of setback after being beaten so often, as a group they are shot, and they were when Garde arrived IMO. Sherwood on the other hand did not have this burden, there was lots of optimism around right up to the West Brom game for me. He'd already lost the plot by then though and the damage just got worse and worse.

It's like comparing lap times in the "same" car, but driver one smashes the shit out of it before handing it over to driver 2.

I think it's a bit of a stretch to claim they've been somehow mentally broken by 10 games with Sherwood. I think the truth is they're not very good but then that wouldn't allow people to criticise one manager and praise the other. 

Just now, romavillan said:

See my post above, it's got nothign to do with a free pass, if you are going on acceptable points return for a manager over a run of 8-10 games we'd be on our fourth manager of the season by now and just as deep in the shit.

8-10 games? He's had 20 league games now. If you have no problem with him losing games then you've given him a free pass. He might as well not be here and go on leave till the summer with your thinking. 

2 minutes ago, mwj said:

Oh yeh the evil transfer committee where poor Tim Sherwood was bullied into signing Jolean Lescott and Micah Richards by a bald fat hobbit, a guy with a spreadsheet and an American...

Can't disagree so make a stupid point. Good one. 

Exactly, so Tim after 10, Garde after 18-20, someonw else now canned around game 30, announce new fall guy for last 8 games, loses 8 straight, new manager in the summer...

Garde is not the problem.

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Yep, it doesn't look like the sacking is soon. I'm not sure how many more games is acceptable to lose. 

Whilst it's not nice losing games I think we're at the point now were the players know they're down, Remi is trying to gee them up for the final few games but is banging his head against a brick wall with most of them. Some of the guys are trying but are let down by the weaker characters. Getting rid of Remi now would be just a way of creating a little side show, when the problem hasn't been at managerial/coaching level, but within the entire setup at bodymoor. It seems that the new Chair has identified this and is getting the right sort of experience to sort the mess out, so a major part of the root of the problem is being addressed. At this juncture, replacing Garde achieves nothing. It would make more sense to get to the end of the season, whether the end of the season is when we're mathematically down, or the actual end, then seeing what Remi proposes to do to fix the playing side, what he needs, etc. That's when the sensible heads would get rid, doing it now achieves sweet fanny adams.

• Like 1

Just now, romavillan said:

Exactly, so Tim after 10, Garde after 18-20, someonw else now canned around game 30, announce new fall guy for last 8 games, loses 8 straight, new manager in the summer...

Garde is not the problem.

He's not. I don't blame him one bit for our relegation. But he's also not the solution and hasn't done anything to deserve the chance to be the solution. 

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

He's not. I don't blame him one bit for our relegation. But he's also not the solution and hasn't done anything to deserve the chance to be the solution. 

This is pretty much what everybody who is vaguely "supporting" Garde has said, so I'm not sure why you have such an issue with it.

I have thanks. Does he say there was no transfer committee? 

Nope, he said he had final say.

Listen I get it, must be fun for you and Zatman to go over this again just like the last 200 pages but it's boring for me. Do you own **** research.

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

This is pretty much what everybody who is vaguely "supporting" Garde has said, so I'm not sure why you have such an issue with it.

I don't. 

I was explaining Zatmans point regarding the different attitude towards Sherwood and Garde. 

I also disagree with a few supporters who have given him a free pass to lose every remaining game. 

I think it's a bit of a stretch to claim they've been somehow mentally broken by 10 games with Sherwood. I think the truth is they're not very good but then that wouldn't allow people to criticise one manager and praise the other. 

It would. You could criticise Sherwood as he played a part in bringing in these poor players.

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I also disagree with a few supporters who have given him a free pass to lose every remaining game. 

Surely there's a difference between giving the manager a free pass to lose every remaining game and saying that I) Ok, we're down. The rest of the season doesn't really matter now - it's the re-build we hope will happen in the summer that's important or II) OK, we're down. Season over, dusted, done with. Let's bring in the kids and start to prepare them now.

I've seen both those views on here. Some might like Garde to stay and supervise the re-build, some want a clean break in the summer. Fine. But what's the point in sacking Garde and bringing in whoever is currently unemployed - and thus available - at this point? Hardly given a free pass.

16 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I just do not get this free pass some are willing to give. I've never known anything like it. 

We've all gathered that ! Every thread if someone doesnt hold the same views as you, it's the same old shit different topic. People have tried to explain their thought processes in wanting to give him a proper shot which is fair enough. But you act like you views are always right and if anyone dares goes against your strong held views you either ridicule them for it or say the same thing over and over again but a slightly different way each time. 

My views, your views, all views are valid. They are there to be challenged sure but jeez Lighten up. we can all hold different view points on Remi, Villa, Lerner etc 

• Like 2

On 3/21/2016 at 18:13, Hughes said:

Seems Remi is preparing for the sack by ensuring that the press gets hold of "players have awful attitude" and thereby trying to get the blame away from himself. However, there has been so much reported now about shit attitudes and bad professionalism that it simply cannot be ignored. As many have said before, we could have effing Ferguson as manager and we would still be shit - the problem primarily (not completely) is due to the players IMO and I have no doubt that we are far far far away the top teams with respect to attitude and  professionalism. So, I would rather ship out most of the squad and keep Garde but I am resigned to the probability that he will be removed and we will get yet another manager who will have to assess the same shit squad and fight the same shit attitudes and so the merry-go-around keeps going. Basically, I am not too fussed about who the new guy will be, it will be the same absolute unacceptable crap unless the new manager is given the absolute support from the Board, and has the ability and willingness, to clear the Squad from losers, underachievers  and clearings in the woods who should not be allowed to ever wear our shirt again. The one thing about Garde is IMO that he has made the assessments and he knows that several players have to leave  and he knows who they are. Anyway, he is gone and God help the new guy coming in.

you think Brian Little will not know who the bad eggs are.....for sure he will.

whoever comes in will have a quality brief.

The next one needs to have a strong constitution.

18 minutes ago, thabucks said:

We've all gathered that ! Every thread if someone doesnt hold the same views as you, it's the same old shit different topic. People have tried to explain their thought processes in wanting to give him a proper shot which is fair enough. But you act like you views are always right and if anyone dares goes against your strong held views you either ridicule them for it or say the same thing over and over again but a slightly different way each time. 

My views, your views, all views are valid. They are there to be challenged sure but jeez Lighten up. we can all hold different view points on Remi, Villa, Lerner etc 

Lighten up? What have I done that's different to anyone else who disagrees with someone's opinion? 

I'm not sure who I've ridiculed either. 

Â