The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

1 hour ago, HeyAnty said:

My mistake, I was talking about Agbonlahor that i detest.  Dont really have an opinion on Garde.  Probably the right man at the wrong time.

Right Man at the Wrong Time = Wrong Man !!

3 hours ago, ReasonforRevolution said:

Favouring reform as opposed to wishing things to maintain the same. He has tried to up the ante in training to work on fitness. He has worked with and shown an awareness of the youth system. He even sent Gabby off to Dubai. Incidentally when we had an upturn in form. Maybe a coincidence. He has tried to implement a style of play we could build on in the future. Also worth remembering he hasn't had the opportunity to ship out the troublesome players in the dressing room. However I'm not stupid it is a result business and if the players aren't willing to move with this he will fall on his sword. I don't blame him entirely for that though. 

and we know he fits this criteria while british managers dont?

7 hours ago, villan_007 said:

5 months in the job. No transfer window. No premier league strikers. 3 midfielders. Two shit keepers. No defense. Sacked.

As ridiculous as it gets.

and the worse record by any Villa manager ever, so you can't really justify him staying even with no transfer window. I think theres a few managers around that would have got more out of those players.

• Like 1

but it wasnt the worst team ever when Sherwood was in charge. many people said a good manager would get the best out of them and now as Garde failed his defenders are saying its the worst team ever

the fact is he is worse than McLeish in style and in results and offers no hope for future, at least in McLeish defence he could scrape the odd 0-0 draw in games

• Like 1

maybe you are right Stevo but I still think another manager might have got more out of them. His record is 12 pts from 21 games compared to 4 pts from 9 games for Sherwood. So slightly better points per game ratio but you would expect some improvement being the signings would have taken time to settle

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

but it wasnt the worst team ever when Sherwood was in charge. many people said a good manager would get the best out of them and now as Garde failed his defenders are saying its the worst team ever

the fact is he is worse than McLeish in style and in results and offers no hope for future, at least in McLeish defence he could scrape the odd 0-0 draw in games

It is the worst team ever, and Sherwood is high up on the list of people responsible.

McLeish had a hell of a lot more to work with, which again was the point. I'd wager Garde, with McLeish's squad, would be doing a hell of a lot better than he is now.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PaulC said:

maybe you are right Stevo but I still think another manager might have got more out of them. His record is 12 pts from 21 games compared to 4 pts from 9 games for Sherwood. So slightly better points per game ratio but you would expect some improvement being the signings would have taken time to settle

I definitely think there are managers out there that could have done more, several shouters, relegation avoiders and quick fixers that in a year's time we'd still be sat here moaning that it's the year the shit finally gets flushed

They brought garde in for long term, the problem is the only long term solution to us is to get relegated and sack / sell the lot and start again 

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

I definitely think there are managers out there that could have done more, several shouters, relegation avoiders and quick fixers that in a year's time we'd still be sat here moaning that it's the year the shit finally gets flushed

They brought garde in for long term, the problem is the only long term solution to us is to get relegated and sack / sell the lot and start again 

Surely they picked him to keep us up. Only 10 games had gone at that time and we were just 4 pts adrift of 4th from bottom. We don't know whether Garde would be the man to rebuild our team long-term, what we do know that he has failed with this group of players. Its fair enough to say the players are crap but in defence in particular theres a lot of experience there. You wouldn't say the Leicester defence individually are so much better but collectively they are worlds apart.

• Like 1

It's the experienced players that are the main offenders...

I think everything about garde was thinking long term, either that or the board completely misunderstood what our problems were, sherwoods quick fix had failed and they didn't want another 

I personally don't buy in to this "he speaks French" bullshit 

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

It's the experienced players that are the main offenders...

I think everything about garde was thinking long term, either that or the board completely misunderstood what our problems were, sherwoods quick fix had failed and they didn't want another 

I personally don't buy in to this "he speaks French" bullshit 

but you can think long term all you want but when your players dont respect you from the start then you arent going to get far in this game

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

but you can think long term all you want but when your players dont respect you from the start then you arent going to get far in this game

Does it matter for words removed like Gabby & Lescott?

Rats

31 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Literally all of this is wrong :D

well he should have dropped them and told them they arent playing for the club again. but no he caters for Lescott like he is some wonderful defender even made him captain a few times

Â