The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

well he should have dropped them and told them they arent playing for the club again. but no he caters for Lescott like he is some wonderful defender even made him captain a few times

Who would you play?

1 hour ago, mykeyb said:

and we know he fits this criteria while british managers dont?

I'm confused by that post as I've never mentioned nationality has any significance on a managers ability. In fact I used Bournemouth as a club who are moving forward with Eddie Howe at the helm.

Sorry it wasnt really aimed at you but it seems to be that Garde has the label of being a progressive manager, I personally cannot see much evidence so wondered if this was more from the fact he is foreign and and not British.

The fact that people were dismissing managers yesterday purely on the basis they were British seemed to back this weird opinion up.

20 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Sorry it wasnt really aimed at you but it seems to be that Garde has the label of being a progressive manager, I personally cannot see much evidence so wondered if this was more from the fact he is foreign and and not British.

The fact that people were dismissing managers yesterday purely on the basis they were British seemed to back this weird opinion up.

I don't think anybody was dismissing managers purely because they're British, that's just something you've inferred. People objected to Pearson for example because he's a scumbag, Bruce because he's shit etc etc. Not because they're British.

• Like 2

I think what people were objecting to was limiting ourselves to British managers.

If a brit is the best person for the job then brilliant.

But we shouldn't be saying "Right, we're ONLY going for a british manager". That would be silly.

• Like 2

Just now, Stevo985 said:

I think what people were objecting to was limiting ourselves to British managers.

If a brit is the best person for the job then brilliant.

But we shouldn't be saying "Right, we're ONLY going for a british manager". That would be silly.

Which according to the various reports is exactly what the club is doing.

8 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Which according to the various reports is exactly what the club is doing.

I don't think that anyone has an inside track on this at the moment. 

I also don't think it's a nailed on certainty Garde will go. I think it's very likely, but not 100% cast iron. I don't think the talks taking place are necessarily of the severance nature #NotITK

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if the club were failing on communication once again. They are absolutely hopeless. 

Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I don't think that anyone has an inside track on this at the moment. 

I also don't think it's a nailed on certainty Garde will go. I think it's very likely, but not 100% cast iron. I don't think the talks taking place are necessarily of the severance nature #NotITK

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if the club were failing on communication once again. They are absolutely hopeless. 

I agree. I just mean that this is what people are reacting to. Whether it's true or not remains to be seen of course.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

His point stands though .Doug, while not being the most mobile of centre backs, would at least put a shift in and try his hardest for the shirt.

Doug would have probably sold his shirt for a £5 outside before the game.

• Like 2

Â