The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

I've seen the likes of Karanka being mentioned, I like him, but I can't see how if you planted him in at Villa and Garde in at Boro, there would be a huge amount of difference between how the two clubs are doing.  We'd still have the same massive issues and if the manager isn't given any power or money to change them up, then there's only so much they can do.  What I find interesting is that Garde seems to have backed the senior players in the supposed squad divide these past two weeks, and they have turned out to be utterly spineless compared to the side that was more solid post-Cissokho returning for those 8 games or so.  Perhaps he's making a point, or just lost control completely of the dressing room.  

If that phat phuc Bruce comes near this club I'm done.

Paul Clement if Garde goes for me. 

This is the same kind of comment that we saw when Hughes and McLaren were rumoured to be coming here. Who did we get instead? McLeish.

As much as everyone dislikes Bruce, I'd take him at this point (if Garde walks, of course).

Within reason, I would be happy with a manager who has either performed well at Championship level previously, or is doing so now. Bruce, Moyes, Rowett etc.

23 hours ago, Genie said:

The right appointment would have given us a lift. Remi had failed before he started.

The right appointment would have picked up a few more points and potentially given the board the license to gamble money on us staying up in January.

I disagree. 1. Mourinho could have taken over and we still wouldn't have got much more points. 2. We don't have a striker or a goalkeeper and it's tough to find a single player in the squad who has shown this season that they are actually good enough to play in the premier league. 3. Micah Richards.

No chance what so ever he'll be here next season.

Not sure he'll be here next month.

As who who they will replace him with, I rather not think about that.

21 hours ago, DCJonah said:

No manager was going to make a big difference to this season. But I do think the right manager can have an impact next year. You only have to look at the scum to see that. 

Lerner is the root of all evil and needs to go, but that doesn't mean Garde gets a shit load of free money each month. Losing in the way we have been means he should not be given the chance to bring us back. 

We will be able to attract a decent manager for championship level. 

Looking for the next Gary Rowett is an insane policy if that's what they are intending. In fact they've tried that 3 managers on the bounce and failed miserably. Sure, it's great if you can, but managers like Rowett come along once in every blue moon, even accounting for the fact it might just be the perfect storm for him there. 

Remi will be gone in the summer, undoubtedly. Unless they are going to back him and spend the money to rip the squad apart and start again, how likely does that seem right now? So we will need a HUGE personality. Remi is a good guy and I think at the right club he's a good manager. However, it's clear now it was yet another horribly misjudged appointment. If I were aware of how big the rift in the dressing room was I'd not have been so firmly behind his appointment to be fair, because he seemed to be a thinking mans manager from day one rather than a rabble rouser. Surely Fox et al were aware of the state of the dressing room? If not, do your **** job properly!

Failure after failure, I'm sick of it. 

I'd love for the club to come up with a strategy of what kind of football they like us to play, and then hire a manager who has the same football philosophy.

Our last couple of managers after O'Neil have been a totally random selection. The only one with a clear idea of what he wanted his team to do was McLeish, 

Sadly this is where the boards lack of football knowledge comes into play.

We'll most likely end up with some middle of the road nobody and waste yet another season  

You bring a guy in to turn around a awful bunch of players and one of their better players gets injured and out for the rest of the season.  You give him no money to bring in a couple of his players to turn it around.  What do you expect?  IMO you may as well have brought no manager in.

• Like 4

Just read a few pages, can't really believe that some are so anti Garde? He produced the ONLY decent spell of form over 5/6 games this group of players (cough) have managed all year. That fell apart when the squad realised that the manager wasn't getting backed by the board, which was a total piss take. If he resigns or gets sacked before the season is out then this poisonous dressing room has won AGAIN. 

Think about it, it really can't be the manager can it? How many managers do we need to sack before we realise it isn't the manager that is the problem here.

Which 5/6 games? He's won just 2 league games. The rest of the games we've been shite

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, YGabbana said:

Which 5/6 games? He's won just 2 league games. The rest of the games we've been shite

Palace - Norwich, aside from the City cup debacle, we were playing some good stuff. That's a 7 game period in which we arguably displayed "mid table" form. 

Then Liverpool. Tools downed again. 

• Like 3

Great idea.

Sack RG

Keep

Gabby Guzan Richards Lescott Westwood 

Better idea

Lerner sells

Fox & Hollis go

Gabby Guzan Richards Lescott Westwood go

RG stays

New owners invest

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HeyAnty said:

You bring a guy in to turn around a awful bunch of players and one of their better players gets injured and out for the rest of the season.  You give him no money to bring in a couple of his players to turn it around.  What do you expect?  IMO you may as well have brought no manager in.

I have seen this mentioned alot. He was given money, the keeper he wanted couldnt get a work permit and the striker opted to go elsewhere. Thats not the same as not being given money to spend.

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Palace - Norwich, aside from the City cup debacle, we were playing some good stuff. That's a 7 game period in which we arguably displayed "mid table" form. 

Then Liverpool. Tools downed again. 

I dont think we were playing good stuff at all, the football was slow and lethargic and Palace and Norwich were crap on the day in Norwich case in front of goal

1 hour ago, YGabbana said:

Yes he had a little spell where we picked up some points but since then we have gone from bad to worse, starting with the FA Cup debacle against Man City reserves. We talk about players but there is quite a bit of experience in that defence with Richards, Lescott and Hutton. I bet a manager like Pullis would have got more out of these players. 

• Like 3

Â