The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

59 minutes ago, YGabbana said:

A thrashing by spurs will be the final nail imo. He will have to either resign or be sacked

Who will sack him? Tom Fox isnt going to go to Hollis and turnround and say the 2nd manage I appointed in 12 months is also a dud we need to get rid!. Hollis will not be comfortable in acting so quickly. Garde may well decide he has had enough though.

• Like 2

Sacking Remi Garde will prove nothing - if anything it is the 11 Arse holes on the pitch that don't try a **** each week that need sacked.

I actually like our manager.

Even if Pepe Gaurdiola became our manager he would struggle with the current setup as well.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

I might be going soft in my old age. But I can't see the point in sacking RG. 

It's not his fault the players are sh*t. He identified ways to improve the squad and the board didn't back him. Personally, I'll judge him only after he has ripped this squad apart and rebuilt it in his image. 

It worries me when he says things like there are many problems at the club how ever my management isn't one of them, he seems to have a belief that nothing is down to him however if the majority of the players are questioning the training methods and match preparation and then not performing on the pitch then I'd say there is a fair old chance that there is a massive problem with his management. The majority of problems at the club are not down to Garde but he certainly hasn't/isn't helping at all.

As everyone probably knows now, I like Garde and want him to stay - providing he had the chance to rebuild for next season. That would be my ideal situation in the circumstances.

However if he walks or is chopped, on the chat about Bruce - he's a decent manager with a good team around him and very experienced working in the worst of the worst situations. If nothing changes in the summer and the hierarchy continue to **** everything up on every level then I can't think of a better man to deal with that. I see people saying why would he be interested, well I still think he would be paid more here than Hull, and he still lives around here, always has. I think if offered he'd consider it.

1 minute ago, KHV said:

It worries me when he says things like there are many problems at the club how ever my management isn't one of them, he seems to have a belief that nothing is down to him however if the majority of the players are questioning the training methods and match preparation and then not performing on the pitch then I'd say there is a fair old chance that there is a massive problem with his management. The majority of problems at the club are not down to Garde but he certainly hasn't/isn't helping at all.

Okay, granted.

Let me ask you this my friend.

So we sack Garde, and appoint for arguments sake Kenny Jacket.

7 months pass and the same players question the new managers setup, tactics, training etc etc. So what we sack him as well?

Let's not forget, Garde is doing his upmost best without his own backroom staff he likes to work with. I think it is very sour turning on Garde for the sack since he has not had 1 single signing of a player allowed, nor has he been allowed to bring his own back room staff either.

Give the guy a break. I am actually thankful he is still here, anyone one else would have walked months ago.

JUDGE HIM AFTER HE HAS BEEN ALLOWED TO ASSEMBLE HIS OWN SQUAD, AFTER 3 YEARS IN CHARGE, WITH HIS OWN BACKROOM PEOPLE IN PLACE.

He walked into a job that is a team that finds itself where it is - and this has been threatening to happen since McLeish walked in the door!

I like Garde, and I believe he's going to be a very good manager. However my biggest concern is that he doesn't appear to be able to instil any professional pride into the current bunch of mercenaries so for that reason I think he needs to go and go soon.

I'm sick of watching us get spanked week after week and Remi isn't blameless. The players are shite and undoubtedly certain players attitudes are questionable to say the least but what we're watching week after week is unacceptable.

6 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Give the guy a break. I am actually thankful he is still here, anyone one else would have walked months ago.

JUDGE HIM AFTER HE HAS BEEN ALLOWED TO ASSEMBLE HIS OWN SQUAD, AFTER 3 YEARS IN CHARGE, WITH HIS OWN BACKROOM PEOPLE IN PLACE.

He walked into a job that is a team that finds itself where it is - and this has been threatening to happen since McLeish walked in the door!

and if he gets us relegated next season(which is very possible) we should keep him until he gets to season 3?

6 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Would you have given Sherwood three years?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Robbie09 said:

I like Garde, and I believe he's going to be a very good manager. However my biggest concern is that he doesn't appear to be able to instil any professional pride into the current bunch of mercenaries so for that reason I think he needs to go and go soon.

I'm sick of watching us get spanked week after week and Remi isn't blameless. The players are shite and undoubtedly certain players attitudes are questionable to say the least but what we're watching week after week is unacceptable.

Hence why #outthedooron74 is now in place to deal with this hopefully.

The root of the problem is the top level of this club, the crop of shite we endure each week are just the weeds flourishing from the root of the problem.

Look further toward RL, TF, that almstad guy and PR!

They sanctioned half of this shite to be signed, Remi didn't request these, nor did Tim Sherwood for that matter.

We need to deadwood rid of that have been here for years as well as 80% of the shite signed this summer.

Not the receptionist or the tea lady or even the manager. The problems lay above and below the managerial setup of this club and have done for about 6 years now.

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

and if he gets us relegated next season(which is very possible) we should keep him until he gets to season 3?

That all depends if he still has to do without his own backroom staff and use the current crop of players, yes I believe we will be in division 3, no matter what manager was in charge!

5 minutes ago, 1974Centenary said:

Would you have given Sherwood three years?

Well in 6 months he avoided us from relegation and carried on getting us to the FA cup final.

Had he been given adequate funds to bring in the players HE wanted to sign, and not signed for him then yes, I think the majority of Villa fans would have probably gave him 6 years had he won the FA cup, let alone anything else.

But instead two arse holes above him blew his budget on the shit we witness on the pitch now, the same shite that Remi Garde is also being hung out to dry for!

Wake up!

Edited by AvfcRigo82
correction

Its going to be a case of finding a manager who can get more out of what we have rather than buying who he wants.Lerner is not going to finance this club anymore, their will be no more players coming in the summer, the manager has to go with what we have.Let the managerial merry go round begin until someone stops the rot on the pitch.

4 minutes ago, 1974Centenary said:

Its going to be a case of finding a manager who can get more out of what we have rather than buying who he wants.Lerner is not going to finance this club anymore, their will be no more players coming in the summer, the manager has to go with what we have.Let the managerial merry go round begin until someone stops the rot on the pitch.

That attitude is probably why this club is exactly where it is at the moment.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

17 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Hence why #outthedooron74 is now in place to deal with this hopefully.

The root of the problem is the top level of this club, the crop of shite we endure each week are just the weeds flourishing from the root of the problem.

Look further toward RL, TF, that almstad guy and PR!

They sanctioned half of this shite to be signed, Remi didn't request these, nor did Tim Sherwood for that matter.

We need to deadwood rid of that have been here for years as well as 80% of the shite signed this summer.

Not the receptionist or the tea lady or even the manager. The problems lay above and below the managerial setup of this club and have done for about 6 years now.

I have mixed feelings, I do feel sorry for Remi and know the problems are at the top and with the players BUT I also think it's very much a case of "The King's New Clothes" with Remi as well.   He is saying some things about players etc just the same as Sherwood did - but Sherwood got absolutely slaughtered for it.    He doesn't seem able to motivate the players - lord only knows what he says to them at his half-time team talk - but he also looks a broken man already.   Him and Tim Sherwood have both been done over by the Board. 

Edited by Hev
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, AndyC said:

The greatest managers in the world wont make a difference to these pussy's.

maybe but Nigel Pearson kicking the shit out of them on the pitch is actually probably our best option at moment :( they might even hand in transfer requests 

Â