The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

Pointless sacking him now. We might as well get the remaining 9 games out of the way.

I would hope however that his replacement has already been approached and is watching the utter shambles. Quite what can be done about it is an entirely different matter though.

I suspect we are going to be starting next season with another new look side, which will probably put us at a disadvantage because the players need time to gel.

In Villas defence, we did try to back Garde in January. We tried to sign a keeper and also a striker, that I know of, maybe another player as well. One turned us down, the other coulfn't get a work permit. I'm glad we didn't waste money on signings in January-It would not have saved us. Hopefully, that money will be better spent in the summer, or at least go towards the wages of one of the few players we'd like to keep.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Butterfingers said:

Pointless sacking him now. We might as well get the remaining 9 games out of the way.

I would hope however that his replacement has already been approached and is watching the utter shambles. Quite what can be done about it is an entirely different matter though.

I suspect we are going to be starting next season with another new look side, which will probably put us at a disadvantage because the players need time to gel.

In Villas defence, we did try to back Garde in January. We tried to sign a keeper and also a striker, that I know of, maybe another player as well. One turned us down, the other coulfn't get a work permit. I'm glad we didn't waste money on signings in January-It would not have saved us. Hopefully, that money will be better spent in the summer, or at least go towards the wages of one of the few players we'd like to keep.

Agree. The reality is Remi has been hung out to dry, the promises clearly made by the board when they approached him have been shown to be a pack of lies. The main problem is that he doesn't seem to be able to make any difference when the chips are down, and I don't think he can get us out of the Championship (at least not in the direction we want to get out).

The only positive light is if someone (anyone) will come and buy the club we aren't in debt and don't have a massive wage bill. 

11 hours ago, Genie said:

Bring someone in who knows what they are doing. 

Buying, picking and setting a team up to win games in the Championship. If they've never got a team out of that league then dont bother. 

Because no manager ever does anything for the first time. If that's the first line in your job advert for a new manager then your list of applicants is going to be very short and uninspiring

6 minutes ago, Duck said:

Because no manager ever does anything for the first time. If that's the first line in your job advert for a new manager then your list of applicants is going to be very short and uninspiring

The point being lets go with the low risk, experienced route. Sure someone else (like Garde) might be ok but I dont want to waste another season finding out if he is just as clueless. Chances are its going to be more of the same.

Hiring someone who knows the league, the players to buy and the players in the opposition would be what I would call "prepared".

• Like 1

Garde has to go I think, he maybe right man wrong time, but he is making no difference, like Mourinho at Chelsea, just as perverse. He should forget his pay off and walk now and get as far from this poison as possible.

i also don't want to see any of our players again.

All change please.

7 minutes ago, Genie said:

The point being lets go with the low risk, experienced route. Sure someone else (like Garde) might be ok but I dont want to waste another season finding out if he is just as clueless. Chances are its going to be more of the same.

Hiring someone who knows the league, the players to buy and the players in the opposition would be what I would call "prepared".

Yes but the only managers who will

1. Be available

2. Have that knowledge

3. Want to do it

Are all managers like Pearson, Pulis, Warnock etc who most people on here have said they don't want. Managers like Eddie Howe and Alex Neill are not widely available. We need to decide if getting out at any cost is the priority above pretty football. 

The board chairman and set up is crap . This is no excuse for the players and team wearing the claret and blue not run them selves into the ground and scrap for every ball.

no pride no passion  no idea . Nice guy Remi Garde  nice doesn't win you games done nothing for me at all. Villa and him need to move on in the summer.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lexicon said:

Under Sherwood we had a shit manager and a shit squad.

Now we just have a shit squad. 

Well getting rid of a shit manager has made no difference. 

By the end of the season I think Garde's averages will be worse than Sherwood did over those first 10 games. 

Edited by DCJonah
  • Like 1

What do you mean by someone like him? He seems to have some sort of special aura around him from just a few years of managing in France. 

"A few years in France" :)

You realise Lyon was the biggest and most dominate side in France for more than a decade recently, and they achieved that through their youth academy, one of the most respected in the world, and that Remi was in charge of both at various points.

What had Sherwood, Lambert, or Mcleish done previous to Villa? An under 18 team at Spurs, a promotion from the Championship and the **** SPL.... Not quite the same.

That's why he deserves at least ONE transfer window IMO

• Like 4

Sherwood averages

Goals for - 0.9 per game

Goals against - 1.7 per game

Points per game - 0.4 per game 

Garde averages 

Goals for - 0.6

Goals against - 2.1 per game

Points per game - 0.7 per game. 

I expect the points per game to drop to Sherwood's level by the end of the season, which will mean Garde achieving a level of shitness no one would have predicted when he first joined. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, mwj said:

You realise Lyon was the biggest and most dominate side in France for more than a decade recently, and they achieved that through their youth academy, one of the most respected in the world, and that Remi was in charge of both at various points.

What had Sherwood, Lambert, or Mcleish done previous to Villa? An under 18 team at Spurs, a promotion from the Championship and the **** SPL.... Not quite the same.

There's no doubt he's done more than the previous 3. But his managerial career is so far very short. 

This post kind of backs up my point. It doesn't matter that we lose in an embarrassing manner most of the time, he's still viewed as something special because of his short spell in France. 

9 hours ago, Sam3773 said:

I hope to God that's true. Remi Garde is atrocious. All we get is lame performances and then Garde moans about the players in training and how they are on the pitch. 

Sherwood would be getting blasted for these performances and saying these things.

This is what happens when you appoint someone based on their nationality who has been unemployed for two years. Utterly bizarre appointment which has backfired totally. Nearly every journalist and pundit suggested he was a huge risk and that they thought the appointment was strange. How right they were, I have seen a few duff appointments over the years and Garde is certainly near the top of that list.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mwj said:

He doesn't deserve anything, he is shit.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, settle villa said:

Yes but the only managers who will

1. Be available

2. Have that knowledge

3. Want to do it

Are all managers like Pearson, Pulis, Warnock etc who most people on here have said they don't want. Managers like Eddie Howe and Alex Neill are not widely available. We need to decide if getting out at any cost is the priority above pretty football. 

Who cares what people on here want? :lol:

We could have Messi begging to join us and there'd be people on here saying we should spend the money on the youth academy instead...

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Sherwood averages

Goals for - 0.9 per game

Goals against - 1.7 per game

Points per game - 0.4 per game 

Garde averages 

Goals for - 0.6

Goals against - 2.1 per game

Points per game - 0.7 per game. 

I expect the points per game to drop to Sherwood's level by the end of the season, which will mean Garde achieving a level of shitness no one would have predicted when he first joined. 

I think many predicted inexperienced manager plus crap squad plus crap owner wasn't going to be successful.

I still like him but thinking about it that is largely due to how he conducts himself in press conferences.

He's been dealt a terrible hand, he knew it would be bad, but probably nowhere near this dreadful. Having said that, if he goes in the summer (or before), I wouldn't find myself missing him in the slightest. 

But sadly that's true of 90%+ of the playing staff.

Anyone expecting him not to be the manager next season is going to be disappointed. We were down when he took over and it's clear from the lack of backing in January that the board believed that too. He was brought in to restructure the club and get young players through. He will get a chance to bring in his own players next summer. 

• Like 1

I think in the boards eyes Garde was exactly the right appointment: good bringing through young players, working on a tight budget etc. The only problem was they forgot we were in a relegation battle and needed to sort that out first before dealing with building foundations for the future. 

As it now turns out we have had an inexperienced manager (in terms of the English league and the pressures of being at the bottom) and a group of inexperienced players. Both put together have been a disaster. Unfortunately they have not had a group of experience pro's who are ready to roll their sleeves up when the muck hits the fan to help out as the ones we have are seemingly happy for the manager to take the flack. 

Its a shame that we may not get to see what Garde could have done (and possibly some of the players- Vertout, Gana etc) whilst being comfortably mid- table. 

Gutless turd. We are relegated and he still hasn't got the balls to give it a go.

From day one when he came in we were set out and happy to play for draws. 

He is a gutless turd. Any other manager would have got a reaction, would have given it a go. He is a coward, get rid...because it won't change just because we drop a division.

Rotherham away 5 defenders, 3 deep midfielders...lovely stuff. 

Pathetic.

Â