New manager

KJT123

As he departed Brentford due to the player recruitment issue, would he come to Villa?

different scenario, the brentford lot are full on stats mad - using algorithims etc to judge performance and results. Different to a club who just have a holistic preference for affordable talent who can be sold on profitably.

He wanted the final say on transfers, I am unsure what happens at Villa, so will he have that say? He seems a man of principle, but the lure of Rangers despite that being a circus shows every man has a price.

I'll be honest I think the whole committee idea has been blown up way out of proportion and that the manager does have input - suggesting players and seeing what can be brought in, happens at most clubs I imagine. I don't believe Sherwood didn't sign off on any of the players either - he said so at the beginning of the season when he was signing them all!

• Like 1

I'd like villa old boys being part of the set up, be it youth or first team. Like what Ajax have done. Yorke may be a clearing in the woods in some posters eyes and that's fair enough, but he gave me some of  my favourite ever memories of being a villa fan and would welcome his appointment in a relevant role. 

we sort of do though, Cowans is still employed by the club and think Delaney was coaching a few years back plus have Taylor, Hendrie and until recently Collymore doing other stuff

Worth a listen back to Hawksbee and Jacobs on TalkSport if you've missed it.

They had the English correspondent from Le Parisien on who talks really well of Garde.

Mentioned however like SikhInTrinity said that the Lyon President might be very reluctant to let the backroom staff go.

I'd like villa old boys being part of the set up, be it youth or first team. Like what Ajax have done. Yorke may be a clearing in the woods in some posters eyes and that's fair enough, but he gave me some of  my favourite ever memories of being a villa fan and would welcome his appointment in a relevant role. 

we sort of do though, Cowans is still employed by the club and think Delaney was coaching a few years back plus have Taylor, Hendrie and until recently Collymore doing other stuff

Very true Zatman just putting it out there I'd be happy if the new manager found a space for Yorke if required. Though I'm not advocating doing it for the sake of it and wouldn't want it foisted upon a manager either. 

Worth a listen back to Hawksbee and Jacobs on TalkSport if you've missed it.

They had the English correspondent from Le Parisien on who talks really well of Garde.

Mentioned however like SikhInTrinity said that the Lyon President might be very reluctant to let the backroom staff go.

I remember Chelsea wanted Essien and took weeks to get the transfer through

Im still shocked him and Levy get deals done together :P

Why the hell are people talking about a Rangers manager?

Because they play great football, in a league where their manager should get the chop for even conceeding a goal

In a league 2/conference standard league, amazing, let's get him in right away!

No seriously, diabolical suggestion, some people have lost their minds. 

McLeish, Lambert, Sherwood. Hardly inspired appointments, all seemed a shade desparate even given the relative success Lambert had at Norwich,

We have been flirting with the inevitable for some time, perhaps a left of field appointment is just the tonic.

Sherwood was as left field as they come?? 20-odd games experience of management!!

I wonder how the discussions are going with regard to next season. If we're in the PL great - if we're not would he walk away/ be sacked/stay in place for the long run?

There's no point in Fox/Riley burying their heads in the sand. Even if he's a relative success we could still be in the Championship next season such is our predicament. Is he being brought in with that in mind also?

I wonder how the discussions are going with regard to next season. If we're in the PL great - if we're not would he walk away/ be sacked/stay in place for the long run?

There's no point in Fox/Riley burying their heads in the sand. Even if he's a relative success we could still be in the Championship next season such is our predicament. Is he being brought in with that in mind also?

Thats why I think we will go for Dyche, covers a lot of bases....

Experience isn't everything.  A inexperienced Assistant once took over after the manager left and guided us to the European cup.  We need the right man to fire the team up not the one with most experience.

• Like 1

We need a manager who can get the best out of the squad we have, especially the new French lads plus Gil and Grealish.  For me Garde fills a lot of criteria better than anyone we might appoint just because they've managed in the Prem before.  I hope it gets done pretty swiftly.

Why do you think it's bigotry? 

A lot of the time, a manager's nationality will dictate his approach to the game because different countries have different footballing attitudes and cultures. It's natural that some are more cautious than others and as a result they'd prefer someone who grew up in the same country as the league. That's not bigotry at all. 

Why do you think it's bigotry? 

A lot of the time, a manager's nationality will dictate his approach to the game because different countries have different footballing attitudes and cultures. It's natural that some are more cautious than others and as a result they'd prefer someone who grew up in the same country as the league. That's not bigotry at all. 

It's not necessarily bigotry, it's just plain wrong. It's not 1970.

It will be a long time before we see a British manager win the Premier League again.

OK, maybe a bit too strongly worded. I revised:

**** the nationality-based bullshit arguments. I hate that crap. Bigotry, plain and simple. It may not be bigotry, but it circles dangerously close and is just often totally generalising.

• Like 1

Proven or unproven, experienced or inexperienced, British or foreign. It doesn't matter what they have done or where they have done it, what matters is, we get the best possible person for the job. 

Houllier had won silverware, so had McCleish. Lambert came in off the back of two promotions and a mid table finish with a team most thought would be relegated. Sherwood had......well.......anyway, the point is; past success or failure is no guarantee of future performance. 

We are too quick to both hype people up and knock them down. 

There is one man available that I think would pretty much guarantee safety with his name alone and that's Ancelotti. Outside of that any other choice is a gamble and comes with pros and cons. 

• Like 1