New manager

KJT123

Dwight Yorke explains why he is the right man for Villa 

“Villa need something to really spark them up right now. I spent ten years there, I had a fantastic relationship with the fans there and I just feel when I look around at the managers up for grabs at the moment that they need something a bit more exciting to come in and really lift the place.”

Fancy a laugh? Full article here:

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/10/26/dwight-yorke-explains-why-he-is-the-right-man-for-aston-villa/

Sooner Poyet than Pearson. 

:blink: really

Definitely. 

Not because I think Poyet is any good, just because Pearson is absolutely MENTAL and not in a good crazy Klopp kind of way. 

That's the reason I'd prefer Pearson, there are a few in the squad that could do with a massive kick up the arse.

Kick up the arse, yes. Killed and buried next to the family pet Ostrich, no. 

Sooner Poyet than Pearson. 

:blink: really

Definitely. 

Not because I think Poyet is any good, just because Pearson is absolutely MENTAL and not in a good crazy Klopp kind of way. 

Pearson has a better Premier League win ratio than Klopp ;)

Klopp has the worst win percentage in the league

Mark Warbuton wouldn't be a bad shout. 

Would he want to leave Rangers?

Part of me wonders if anyone of sound mind would come here! 

Rangers is a big job, but it's still lower league football. I think he'd come. 

Warbuton!  Its punts on lower league foder that has got us where we are.  Managing in the league Rangers is in now is like managing in the conference

That's what worries me, it's not an attractive job by any means. Bottom of the league, No money to sepnd, Owner wants to sell, Chuckle Brothers in charge of player recruitment. I fear the only people that would want this job are people who are basically desperate to get back into work and who would take any job, I think that opens us up to some bollocks candidates. The more I think about Garde being approached the more I think he would turn us down. I don't think Warburton would take it either, his stock is rising

Edited by KHV

That's what worries me, it's not an attractive job by any means. Bottom of the league, No money to sepnd, Owner wants to sell, Chuckle Brothers in charge of player recruitment. I fear the only people that would want this job are people who are basically desperate to get back into work and who would take any job, I think that opens us up to some bollocks candidates. The more I think about Garde being approached the more I think he would turn us down. I don't think Warburton would take it either, his stock is rising

Totally agree with what you say.

But Aston Villa is still a massive club, that even in it current state is a massive pull.

Dwight Yorke explains why he is the right man for Villa 

“Villa need something to really spark them up right now. I spent ten years there, I had a fantastic relationship with the fans there and I just feel when I look around at the managers up for grabs at the moment that they need something a bit more exciting to come in and really lift the place.”

Fancy a laugh? Full article here:

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/10/26/dwight-yorke-explains-why-he-is-the-right-man-for-aston-villa/

Bless.

Poyet must be a smokescreen put out there. The club saw at first hand what we did to his shambolic Sunderland side 6 months ago. 

Yup - I think Garde and Poyet are both a smokescreen - I think we have our eye on someone else, just negotiating tactics - but then again remember Mcleish !!

Cmon, it's gonna be garde - no compo, ligue 1 experience to match our new players, arsenal connections, current employer saying he is in advanced talks, trent saying it will be him, bookies saying he is clear favourite. Just want it done fast so we can get cracking and to stop stooppid media stories about dwight and gus etc.

• Like 2

But Aston Villa is still a massive club, that even in it current state is a massive pull.

Not sure I entirely agree with that statement

Poyet must be a smokescreen put out there. The club saw at first hand what we did to his shambolic Sunderland side 6 months ago. 

Yup - I think Garde and Poyet are both a smokescreen - I think we have our eye on someone else, just negotiating tactics - but then again remember Mcleish !!

Negotiating on tactics?  This should be non negotiable, or at least negotiate more tactics than they did with Sherwood.

Warbuton!  Its punts on lower league foder that has got us where we are.  Managing in the league Rangers is in now is like managing in the conference

Really? Who have we taken from a lower league club (other than the ginger one)?

I think Warburton would be a very effective premier league manager and expect him to demonstrate this in the next couple of years. What he did at Brentford was nothing short of miraculous and he appears to have had exactly the same impact at Rangers. His training is meticulous and his players run through brick walls for him. He was a little bit one-dimensional tactically at Brentford but I think he learned from that and has become a better manager. He'd definitely get my vote.