New manager

KJT123

Firstly - I'd have been happy with a premiership survival manager, grinding us out enough draws to get to 17th this season. But Allardyce, Pulis and it seems Moyes are unavailable,  After that it's a pretty dire choice of those have have premiership experience.

That said, given our awful position, it's going to take something pretty special to survive and I'd rather take the gamble play some enjoyable football and see where it gets us.  Imagine watching the rest of the season with none of the 'flair' players risked only to go down anyway.

I'm sure that any incoming manager will have watched our games so far and seen that but for individual mistakes (that could easily attributed to unfamiliar team set up and lack of consistent selection) and bonkers substitutions we could easily be in a safer position.  The league is crap this year - every other team has got unexpected results - and were I a manager I would be confident that I would have got us more points so far in the games we've played.  It's going to be very tough, but I really don't think we're far from getting it together with a decent tactician at the helm, in very much the position Leicester were last year.  Points were not a reflection of their talent as a team and I don't think ours are.

Bring in Garde, play with consistency and direction and I think we might yet be safe.  And even if not lets at least enjoy the ride.

Unfortunately, given the mess we are in, draws are no good to us now. A point a game until the end of the season will still see us down. We somehow have to start winning & IMO, need 9 or probably 10 wins between now and the end of the season. Not sure we'll get them with this strike force.

Exactly.  We've lost too many points already.  Need to gamble on winning games now.  So no 'safe pair of hands manager' for me.

Plus spending in Jan.

From mid December through to end of Feb, there is a run of games where we could (and should) win 8 - and will need to.  It's unlikely but still possible.

I would not be suprised if Garde turned the job down after talks

I will still be surprised if it is Garde. I think it will be Sean Dyke. 

Yes i dont think Garde will be interested.  Bookies clean up in Managment betting and it generally never goes to the favs.  

How can Poyet be ahead of someone like Rowett? If true that suggests Lerner does not want to pay any compensation and is looking for someone out of work

because Sky sources say so? Im still waiting for us to sign Jermaine Defoe and Kevin Prince Boateng because Sky sources said so

if garde rejects us and we end up with poyet my depression shall continue for the rest of the season

it won't be Poyet. Nigel Pearson is the option should all others fail.  

This is the club that appointed McLeish after he relegated Birmingham City, never rule anything out with Lerner and Co

• Like 1

Sooner Poyet than Pearson. 

Pearson is bat-shit actual pyscho, kill you in your sleep crazy. Poyet is just a bit bonkers

How the mighty have fallen - arguing whether Poyet is less shit than Pearson !!!!

• Like 2

:blink: really

Definitely. 

Not because I think Poyet is any good, just because Pearson is absolutely MENTAL and not in a good crazy Klopp kind of way. 

That's the reason I'd prefer Pearson, there are a few in the squad that could do with a massive kick up the arse.

:blink: really

Definitely. 

Not because I think Poyet is any good, just because Pearson is absolutely MENTAL and not in a good crazy Klopp kind of way. 

Pearson has a better Premier League win ratio than Klopp ;)

• Like 1