New manager

KJT123

Premier League experience is not really a great attribute as most Prem managers end up getting sacked.

And as much as mainstream media likes to believe otherwise, PL football seems to be in slow decline. Do we have one truly magical player? Maybe Kun Agüero?

French coaches don't have good records in this league. How about Bielsa? How about Poyet? We need our Roberto Martinez. 

Yeah good call, Poyet has a great record in the PL.

What am I missing here? Poyet is South American, ain't he?

Electro states that French managers have a bad record in the Premier League so offers some non French alternatives. 

Trent sarcastically but correctly states that although Poyet is not French, he is abysmal and poos in dressing rooms. 

Why the hell are people talking about a Rangers manager?

Because they play great football, in a league where their manager should get the chop for even conceeding a goal

In a league 2/conference standard league, amazing, let's get him in right away!

No seriously, diabolical suggestion, some people have lost their minds. 

Yes he may be managing in Scotland, but his career history is far more than management. He has studied the sport extensively, learnt coaching abroad, has been a sporting director. Warburton, although a risk, in my eyes would be an excellent management appointment. It won't happen though, whilst still in the Scottish Championship Rangers are a massive club.

• Like 1

Houllier had won silverware, so had McCleish. Lambert came in off the back of two promotions and a mid table finish with a team most thought would be relegated. Sherwood had......well......

A 59% win ratio, which was second to none.

• Like 1

French coaches don't have good records in this league. How about Bielsa? How about Poyet? We need our Roberto Martinez. 

Yeah good call, Poyet has a great record in the PL.

What am I missing here? Poyet is South American, ain't he?

Electro states that French managers have a bad record in the Premier League so offers some non French alternatives. 

Trent sarcastically but correctly states that although Poyet is not French, he is abysmal and poos in dressing rooms. 

If that's sarcasm, it's just kind of ... flat?

Proven or unproven, experienced or inexperienced, British or foreign. It doesn't matter what they have done or where they have done it, what matters is, we get the best possible person for the job. 

Houllier had won silverware, so had McCleish. Lambert came in off the back of two promotions and a mid table finish with a team most thought would be relegated. Sherwood had......well.......anyway, the point is; past success or failure is no guarantee of future performance. 

We are too quick to both hype people up and knock them down. 

There is one man available that I think would pretty much guarantee safety with his name alone and that's Ancelotti. Outside of that any other choice is a gamble and comes with pros and cons. 

The thing is I dont think Houllier was  a failure. We were comfortably midtable with him. I would say Mcleish, Lambert (barring his first year) and Sherwood were all failures

How good a job did Garde do at Lyon then?

he was only manager for 3 seasons - two 3rds and a 5th I think. But that was against a background of cost cutting. Reaaly depends on how you think that would help him in a PL league relegation battle.

Houllier was a bit of a disaster for me. That Liverpool away game was horrendous, an embarrassment. I got the feeling on numerous occasions that he simply didn't give a shit about the club. 

The final league position flattered us greatly along with two very good wins at the end of the season. 

• Like 2

Houllier was a bit of a disaster for me. That Liverpool away game was horrendous, an embarrassment. I got the feeling on numerous occasions that he simply didn't give a shit about the club. 

The final league position flattered us greatly along with two very good wins at the end of the season. 

Yep seemed more interested in Liverpool. 

I'm probably in the minority here but I don't think Houllier is anywhere near as bad as is made out. He made a lot of mistakes and PR-wise he was shocking but it did feel as if he was finally turning things round towards the end before the health problems came up again. If he hadn't had those problems and had stayed on I think we'd be a in much much better position than we are right now. For me, the crucial moment was when we let Houllier go and brought in McLeish - that set in motion events from which I don't think we've properly recovered from. I accept that Houllier couldn't really stay on because of his heart problem though.

On the "our record with French players/mangers" thing, not only is it utterly irrelevant, Houllier was far from a disaster and Amavi looks a player. So yeah, I disagree on all counts!

Really ? - Houllier was pretty close to a disaster in my book. Mcallister and Darren Bent saved his ass from memory.

McAllister? We were virtually safe when he took over.

• Like 1

Whether Houllier was considered a failure or not, the point remains he was a hugely experienced and successful manager, who didn't perform as most of us would have wanted him too. 

My general point is, we have had experienced managers and inexperienced ones, all with varying degrees of success in previous roles. None of them worked out how we would have liked. 

Moyes, Rodgers, Garde, Poyet, Warbuton, Rowett or Pearson -  you can make a case for any of them to get the job and probably make an equally strong case as to why they shouldn't. 

Whether Houllier was considered a failure or not, the point remains he was a hugely experienced and successful manager, who didn't perform as most of us would have wanted him too. 

My general point is, we have had experienced managers and inexperienced ones, all with varying degrees of success in previous roles. None of them worked out how we would have liked. 

Moyes, Rodgers, Garde, Poyet, Warbuton, Rowett or Pearson -  you can make a case for any of them to get the job and probably make an equally strong case as to why they shouldn't. 

Big Ron it is then !!!!!!

• Like 1

Cmon, it's gonna be garde - no compo, ligue 1 experience to match our new players, arsenal connections, current employer saying he is in advanced talks, trent saying it will be him, bookies saying he is clear favourite. Just want it done fast so we can get cracking and to stop stooppid media stories about dwight and gus etc.

I just really don't see us sacking someone with only half a season PL experience, to replace him with someone with none. Theres just to many millions at stake. Randy will want the best bloke to get us 17th and secure his TV money. 

He didn't get the sack because he only had half a season PL experience he got the sack because he was s**t at his job and results reflected that.

Cmon, it's gonna be garde - no compo, ligue 1 experience to match our new players, arsenal connections, current employer saying he is in advanced talks, trent saying it will be him, bookies saying he is clear favourite. Just want it done fast so we can get cracking and to stop stooppid media stories about dwight and gus etc.

I just really don't see us sacking someone with only half a season PL experience, to replace him with someone with none. Theres just to many millions at stake. Randy will want the best bloke to get us 17th and secure his TV money. 

He didn't get the sack because he only had half a season PL experience he got the sack because he was s**t at his job and results reflected that.

Cause and Effect