New manager

KJT123

To be fair, that is a very decent and dignified statement, if he says nothing else then I don't think he deserves any abuse.

I Agree, just can't see him leaving it at that though. Bet he'll get stuff out in the press without being quoted directly so as not to breach any confidentiality agreement. 

Possibly - but we didn't have a confidentiality agreement with Lambert did we? Or if we did - it didn't stop him coming out and making some incredibly annoying comments.

To be fair, that is a very decent and dignified statement, if he says nothing else then I don't think he deserves any abuse.

I Agree, just can't see him leaving it at that though. Bet he'll get stuff out in the press without being quoted directly so as not to breach any confidentiality agreement. 

Possibly - but we didn't have a confidentiality agreement with Lambert did we? Or if we did - it didn't stop him coming out and making some incredibly annoying comments.

Thought it was part and parcel of contracts these days, but you're right Lambert has been well annoying. Not sure exactly what would be classified as confidential information in such a contract if I'm honest. Let's hope his was water tight eh! 

The personal abuse directed toward Tim by fellow Villans didn't impress me much, I must admit.

It mostly struck me as irrelevant and adolescent noise, but I make such noise sometimes, so I can understand and sympathise and try not to judge. All part of being a fan, I 'spose. It certain didn't hasten his exit or clarify a thing. He was sacked because he turned out to be not good enough. 

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 4

I still don't know where the Poyet rumours have come from.

Houllier persisted with building from the back with the goalie rolling it out the Dunne & Collins who were not comfortable. He also kept playing Ashley Young as a number 10 it seemed almost as a bribe to get him stay even though he was far more effective on the wing. It seemed that once Houililer become ill GMac and the players decided that recalling NRC to the middle with Stan in a 442 would suit everyone a lot more.

Thats how I remember us limping over the line anyway, but I am getting old these day!

But back on topic - Garde - I know nothing about him but he's a good looking fella therefore get him in!

I'm aware of what happened, just pointing out that the change in style came before not after McAllister took over. In fact, I think what changed everything was that loss to Wolves in the March. I think that was when everyone truly woke up to the fact that we could go down.

The Guardian

Aston Villa's move for Remi Garde under threat

Garde has held talks with Villa and wants to appoint his own backroom staff, but his favoured personnel are struggling to leave their current positions

Aston Villa’s bid to appoint Remi Garde is under threat after hitting a stumbling block over backroom staff.

Garde has held further talks with Villa today and is keen to bring his former assistants Gerald Baticle and Robert Duverne with him to the Midlands.

Baticle and Duverne both worked with Garde at Lyon and are seen as priority appointments if the Frenchman is to take the position at the Premier League’s bottom club.

But Lyon are refusing to allow Baticle to leave while Duverne, who now works at Metz, is also understood to be struggling to agree his exit.

Garde is Villa’s preferred candidate to replace Tim Sherwood, who was sacked on Sunday, but sources in France claim the deal is now hanging in the balance.

Villa could now pursue other targets as they attempt to make an appointment before next Monday’s trip to Tottenham Hotspur.

Kevin MacDonald will take the team for the Capital One Cup tie at Southampton on Wednesday night.

Poyet was mentioned in one of the papers yesterday but it looks to me like Sky are just suckering people into betting on him. I doubt he has come into serious consideration.

The Guardian

Aston Villa's move for Remi Garde under threat

Garde has held talks with Villa and wants to appoint his own backroom staff, but his favoured personnel are struggling to leave their current positions

Aston Villa’s bid to appoint Remi Garde is under threat after hitting a stumbling block over backroom staff.

Garde has held further talks with Villa today and is keen to bring his former assistants Gerald Baticle and Robert Duverne with him to the Midlands.

Baticle and Duverne both worked with Garde at Lyon and are seen as priority appointments if the Frenchman is to take the position at the Premier League’s bottom club.

But Lyon are refusing to allow Baticle to leave while Duverne, who now works at Metz, is also understood to be struggling to agree his exit.

Garde is Villa’s preferred candidate to replace Tim Sherwood, who was sacked on Sunday, but sources in France claim the deal is now hanging in the balance.

Villa could now pursue other targets as they attempt to make an appointment before next Monday’s trip to Tottenham Hotspur.

Kevin MacDonald will take the team for the Capital One Cup tie at Southampton on Wednesday night.

More good news. 

As I understand, no club can prevent staff members moving on but they have to be bought out of their contracts. We are probably trying to reach a compromise but if it comes down to it, we'll probably cough up. It's imperative that a manager has his team in place. 

Edited by Isa
  • Like 4