New manager

KJT123

Everyone's now saying Garde like it's nailed on.

I can't be the only one still expecting the club to curveball us and announce this guy in the morning:

55e7f585b729c06741e667c3ea25e43d.jpg

Is that Dobby the house elf from Harry Potter?

• Like 3

If Garde does come I hope he manages to shut up the stupid media who seem to think Sherwood was doing a decent job and shouldn't have been sacked. Infuriating.

best thing to do is what Pochettino did at Southampton and not do any in English

• Like 1

If Garde does come I hope he manages to shut up the stupid media who seem to think Sherwood was doing a decent job and shouldn't have been sacked. Infuriating.

If he doesn't manage to stop our slide - "shouldn't have sacked Sherwood, players not good enough. Benteke, Delph, FA cup final etc"

If we improve - "players just needed time to gel. Shouldn't have sacked Sherwood."

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

I think if as seem's the french guys are saing it's Garde then I think it is.

This isn't the bumbling days of Faulkner when a name would come out and the odds would tumble only for us to unveil someone that had everyone going 'WTF!?!?!' if Fox has shown anything then he targets one man and goes get him. Sherwood was the one and dspite how it has gone Fox went for him. He has realised his mistake and acted swiftly. Garde it seems is who he wants now. I think this has legs nearly as big as Cindy Crawfords.

I'm really excited about this.

Looking at the pre-tim's departure favourites was very uninspiring.

Moyes would be safeish but dull. Rodgers a better version of Tim. Pearson - no, Poyet - no.  It was getting very thin. (though I think Warburton would be good).

Bringing on the French speakers, does tactics, has worked on a tight budget..this could be good. 

• Like 1

I'm excited in the same way I was excited by a lot of our summer signings, in so much as I don't know anything about Garde (beyond a good reputation).

I do think it's a bit of a risk but maybe people who know his style more than I do would say otherwise.

It'll be a completely blank slate from me anyway.

• Like 2

Do not understand the importance of a French speaker at all. Football is an international language. It's not that difficult to communicate to someone of a different language, who in fairness probably speaks English anyway? He could be a good signing, I know nothing of him as a manager other than what I've Googled tonight, but the excitement over the language baffles me.

Do not understand the importance of a French speaker at all. Football is an international language. It's not that difficult to communicate to someone of a different language, who in fairness probably speaks English anyway? He could be a good signing, I know nothing of him as a manager other than what I've Googled tonight, but the excitement over the language baffles me.

Are people excited he speaks French?

It works both ways. Some will say the new manager didn't stand a chance with the mess Sherwood left them if he fails to turn it around. Ultimately ifs, buts and maybes can be used to support which ever side of the fence you are as regards the blame game.

I'm almost beyond caring. Regardless of each manager's positives, negatives and idiosyncrasies I don't think they have had a chance of meeting their potential through choices made above them. Some managers we've had may have been capable of managing us to 4th, others may only be able to manage us to 12th... unfortunately all managers have only been supported enough to get us 17th which is all Lerner wants. It's basically irrelevant. 

I hope I don't like the next manager because I'm confident we'll all be back here in another 8 to 18 months time talking about their replacement. This is absolutely not a support of Sherwood but I think whoever comes in will not succeed at this club and relegation beckons regardless. I feel sorry for whoever takes it.

• Like 1

Are people excited he speaks French?

Do you know he's coming for real Trent?

A chap who knows what he is doing is good enough for me.