New manager

KJT123

If it is Remi Garde, I look forward to his goal celebrations -

1384120951-myfile.gif

Whoever it is I'll just be happy to see a few goals :trollface:

Why do you think it's bigotry? 

A lot of the time, a manager's nationality will dictate his approach to the game because different countries have different footballing attitudes and cultures. It's natural that some are more cautious than others and as a result they'd prefer someone who grew up in the same country as the league. That's not bigotry at all. 

It's not necessarily bigotry, it's just plain wrong. It's not 1970.

It will be a long time before we see a British manager win the Premier League again.

French coaches don't have good records in this league. How about Bielsa? How about Poyet? We need our Roberto Martinez. 

Yeah good call, Poyet has a great record in the PL.

and he's from Uruguay would you believe 

French coaches don't have good records in this league. How about Bielsa? How about Poyet? We need our Roberto Martinez. 

a bit late to the party but sorry Poyet was in fact from Uraguay he from the tottingham hotspots not French I'm sure - sorry misunderstood thought you meant those guys were French my bad!! 

Edited by nazvfc
Made a mistake in understanding post

Ron Atkinson just Tweeted 'meeting with my mate Randolph later today'

I thinking meant Rudolph it's near Christmas and he wants to make sure Santa gets to his house on time and gives him his book on being diplomatic when talking on air about coloured players

• Like 4

Garde has a likeable personality from what I've seen from his time at Lyon and from articles. He's an actual football manager, so that's a good start. I think he would have been a great appointment in the summer.

However, I don't think he'll have enough to save us this season and will very likely not be up to managing in the championship. Also think Duverne will get a stroke when he sees our players' physical condition.

Would have prefered Moyes, but guess he wasn't available. 

Good luck to Garde, he'll need a lot of it. 

Do not understand the importance of a French speaker at all. Football is an international language. It's not that difficult to communicate to someone of a different language, who in fairness probably speaks English anyway? He could be a good signing, I know nothing of him as a manager other than what I've Googled tonight, but the excitement over the language baffles me.

Are people excited he speaks French?

I am. He can explain the object of the game to CNZ

• Like 2

Ron Atkinson just Tweeted 'meeting with my mate Randolph later today'

Probably to talk about their bet about whether they can turn a homeless Eddie Murphy into a respected stockbroker.

Maybe they had a bet that they could turn a cockney street urchin into a football manager in February this year and Ron's going to collect?

• Like 4

So a load of French league signings that weren't decided by Sherwood and now a French manager as odds on favourite. Hmmmmm...

It would be a very cunning plan but for the four points we'll be going into November with.... (said in Blackadder voice).