New manager

KJT123

Robert Duverne to return to VP as fitness coach apparently 

Wasn't he the one who had a fight with Dunne as he worked them too hard

Where/when did you hear this? He was at Lyon with Garde.

I have French sources.... 

On twitter

Robert Duverne to return to VP as fitness coach apparently 

Wasn't he the one who had a fight with Dunne as he worked them too hard

Where/when did you hear this? He was at Lyon with Garde.

I have French sources.... 

On twitter

Thanks. That also reinforces the idea that Garde is about to sign.

It will be Remi Garde.

I figure we'll be seeing an announcement early tomorrow.  If so, that's some good work from Fox - surely he was being sounded out days/weeks ago and it speaks volumes that Tim wasn't apparently at the executive shindig in the states that Fox et al attended with Randy a few weeks ago (it came out in the press that he was invited but decided to stay and work on the team).

Nice work on getting rid of the Ray thread by the way (if it was you). 

The more I read, the more excited I get about RG. I really hope this is a corner we're turning and he turns into our 'special' one. We need someone in for a long period that we get behind.

Not just another PL manager but a recognisable Aston Villa manager. I hope this is it.

It's going to be Pearson isn't it? Only bloke mad enough to take it on, has top flight experience and out of  a job. Would be a terrible appointment.  Not going to make our relationship with the local media any better. We are really up the proverbial without a paddle or boat this time round.

• Like 1

Conversation between what I guess is Lyon fans on Twitter(google translate):

Garde at Aston Villa , he will want Genesio and / or Baticle even Duverne also with him , right?

I would be surprised that he wants " rob " OL during the season . But that's football , then.

not sure Genesio and Baticle speak English so it seems complicated in addition to ongoing contracts ...

All is not well in the villa GARDEn . Hope this changing of the garde works for us 

All is not well in the villa GARDEn . Hope this changing of the garde works for us 

i beg your pardon, never promised you a rose garden :-)

• Like 1

It's going to be Pearson isn't it? Only bloke mad enough to take it on, has top flight experience and out of  a job. Would be a terrible appointment.  Not going to make our relationship with the local media any better. We are really up the proverbial without a paddle or boat this time round.

Were not getting a hard man in, were getting a Garde man in.

I get my coat:D

Almstadt must have a few interesting names in his database, maybe a few outsiders who were considered as eventual replacement for Wenger. I think I'm right in saying that most of summer signings were at one point linked with Arsneal.

Seems like an exciting appointment to me, a shame it didn't happen in the summer.

• Like 1

So let me get this straight...

We've sacked our underperforming manager when it was expected we would (two games after we were led to believe he had two games left), we're apparently in advanced talks with another manager on the same day we sacked the previous one, and the guy we're linked to is actually a manager of some reputation that a number of people on here think would be good appointment?

Blimey. It's almost as if the club we're doing some serious planning while we were all losing our s**t on here the last few weeks. This Tom Fox fella may actually know what he's doing!

Let's not forget.

Fox hired Sherwood.

Who admittedly gives amazing facials. No doubt if you asked Sherwood about this he'd reply, 'If I had to back one person to perform in an intense bukkake situation, I'd back Tim Sherwood.'

Well you can't be right 100% of the time I guess.

Unless you're my missus. She thinks she's right 100% of the time.

She's not either.

Sherwood kept us up and got us to an FA Cup final - it wasn't such a bad appointment for that period of time, although it became obvious he wasn't the man in the long term.

Fox, to me, got it right. He had to appoint someone to keep us up, and Sherwood did that.