New manager

KJT123

Hopefully if it is Garde we will never see a back 4 of....

Hutton. Richards. Lescott. Richardson 

ever ever again. That back line would of been shit 5 seasons ago, let alone now. Hopefully we will see something like this. 

Richards. Okore/illori Clark Amavi 

• Like 1

Do you guys reckon that the fact we are trying to hire a French manager adds weight to what Tim was saying about a lot of these signings not being his?

Pah!

I'll raise your Pah! with a Gah!

I shall call yeour bliff with an enoourmous Hohehaw!

I'll doth my cap to your Hohehawness.  Until next time...

watching Sunderland im more glad we never went for Big Sam, absolute dire football at home

Didnt they win 3-0?

Id have taken a dire performance and that result against swansea!!!!!

they were passed off the park and should have been down to 10 men as Cattermole just kicked anybody that moved plus got a dodgy penalty/red card combo. It was the most one sided 3-0 game I have seen in a long time and amazingly the better team got destroyed

I'm personally sick of underwhelming british managers now and feel a new direction is needed with regards to managerial appointments. neither moyes or rogers would fill me with excitement tbh.

I think Garde is ideal if we can persuade him to come. Proven top level european experience and may be the one to mould the players brought in. 

• Like 4

French coaches don't have good records in this league. How about Bielsa? How about Poyet? We need our Roberto Martinez. 

Theirs only been five french managers in the premier league.

French coaches don't have good records in this league. How about Bielsa? How about Poyet? We need our Roberto Martinez. 

Poyet lasted 524 days at sunderland.

I'm not quite sure what these random statistics have to do with anything.

Theirs only been five french managers in the premier league.

Poyet lasted 524 days at sunderland.

I'm not quite sure what these random statistics have to do with anything.

But you still felt the need to post rather than read the thread.

But you still felt the need to post rather than read the thread.

I'm up to speed on the thread. It just seems that your contentions were meant to idly refute a point rather than to contribute anything. What bearing should how long Gus Poyet was at Sunderland have on our search for a manager who is not Gus Poyet? What bearing should the fact that there have been five French managers in the Premier League have on our consideration of Rémi Garde? That's the question I was asking.

"This is not the time for a gamble"

Well, when the hell is it time for a gamble? When we've reached our target of mid-table security? Why would we fire a manager then seeing as that's what we're aiming for? I'm tired of having run-of-the-mill British managers and their lack of tactical nous. 

Garde would suit of team and the players we have, from what I've heard of him. 

While I agree that Garde seems to be a decent candidate for the job - you kind of answered your own question here. These days changing your manager up when you've hit a ceiling is not such a bad idea at all and can help you kick on. Allardyce is an example of someone who is good at coming in, organising and steadying the ship but he doesn't really have the skill set to take a team beyond about 10th in the league. You then build on that by getting someone in who can take you to the next step - like what they're trying to do with Bilic. You'll be pushed to find a manager who can take a team all the way from the bottom to the top.

Clubs are being increasingly less dependent on managers because when they leave, everything can go to shit. Due to this, it's better to have a system in place at the club already and get people in who can complement it - a self-preservation tactic, really. To the club's credit, they really seem to be trying to do that and I think it's a good move.

• Like 1

**** the nationality-based bullshit arguments. I hate that crap. Bigotry, plain and simple. It may not be bigotry, but it circles dangerously close and is just often totally generalising.

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1

Why do you think it's bigotry? 

A lot of the time, a manager's nationality will dictate his approach to the game because different countries have different footballing attitudes and cultures. It's natural that some are more cautious than others and as a result they'd prefer someone who grew up in the same country as the league. That's not bigotry at all. 

• Like 1