New manager

KJT123

Moyes has said he wants to stay at Sociedad, and I believe him, because from his time at Everton, he seems like a really loyal guy, I don't think he's available unless he gets sacked. I'd actually prefer Garde myself.

Who in the name of bollocks is Garde??? Just not the time for gambling. This obsession with Ligue 1 is baffling.

I really do not get these kind of comments at all.

Because it's considered a gamble again. DDID made a good point about unproven foreign managers, but did any of those came into a club in the Prem at the bottom of the table. And all those managers had a higher pedigree when they came to the Prem. He could be fantastic but it's yet another gamble.

• Like 1

I just don't see why we wouldn't go for Moyes. He's available and a perfect fit. This guy is an unknown entity, we are in deep shit and need someone who we know can get us out and fast. This isn't the time for a gamble in my opinion.

But he isn't available and said he wants to stay at Real Sociedad. 

Garde being a French speaker will help in some respects. For general speak, English should be fine, but if he has some finer points to make, especially in one-to-one situations then it should come in handy.

He might be like the policeman from 'Allo 'Allo. "Good moaning, you must piss the football better" etc...

• Like 4

I just don't see why we wouldn't go for Moyes. He's available and a perfect fit. This guy is an unknown entity, we are in deep shit and need someone who we know can get us out and fast. This isn't the time for a gamble in my opinion.

NO he isnt

Grealish has apparently Tweeted that he's 'gutted' about Sherwood's sacking.

Yeah I also found that a bit baffling. I've been basing my explanations for the Grealish and the team's poor performances on the assumption that they couldn't wait to see the back of him. A bit of a worry imo.

Do not understand the importance of a French speaker at all. Football is an international language. It's not that difficult to communicate to someone of a different language, who in fairness probably speaks English anyway? He could be a good signing, I know nothing of him as a manager other than what I've Googled tonight, but the excitement over the language baffles me.

Garde played for Arsenal between 1996-99 and more than likely also speaks fluent English. The former Arsenal defender Adrian Clarke said in 2011 in the Independent of Garde that he was very influential at the time and that "It was almost as if he was there to teach the rest of us what Wenger wanted in terms of his passing, movement and attitude" and "..when the old guard were sceptical about Wenger and his methods he was almost a link between them and the new gaffer." Having someone that can speak  French and English will be a bonus with our current squad. 

• Like 3

Whoever we bring in is going to be a gamble. There's no such thing as a 'safe bet', some Manager's might be safer bets than others but they're all big names who'd think they can get a better job or already have jobs.

Who in the name of bollocks is Garde??? Just not the time for gambling. This obsession with Ligue 1 is baffling.

Because it's considered a gamble again. DDID made a good point about unproven foreign managers, but did any of those came into a club in the Prem at the bottom of the table. And all those managers had a higher pedigree when they came to the Prem. He could be fantastic but it's yet another gamble.

was said earlier but best comparison is probably Southampton with Pochettino maybe even Ranieri at Leicester

Yeah I also found that a bit baffling. I've been basing my explanations for the Grealish and the team's poor performances on the assumption that they couldn't wait to see the back of him. A bit of a worry imo.

i never had that feeling at all, the players are simply not good enough. They were fighting for the manager all season

• Like 2

Because Sherwood showed belief in Grealish and gave him his first real run in the side. It's not baffling at all. I'm sure there are plenty of others (especially Veretout and Amavi) more than content to see the back of him.

Edited by Isa
  • Like 4

Because Sherwood showed belief in Grealish and gave him his first real run in the side. It's not baffling at all 

Yeah, apparently Sherwood loved Jack, played him in most games, so no wonder he's upset.

This is essentially what I meant but in a more measured and unemotional way

Edited by Spoony
  • Like 1

Because Sherwood showed belief in Grealish and gave him his first real run in the side. It's not baffling at all 

Yeah, apparently Sherwood loved Jack, played him in most games, so no wonder he's upset.

Yeah, true, although it was obvious to all but Lambert that he should be given a chance. Grealish and Benteke's form are a big part of what made Sherwood look good last season.