New manager

KJT123

Once stamps his style on us we'll be The Villa VanGarde

He's Dutch?

He's French. It was meant to be a word play on 'The Village Vanguard.'

I know he is.

What is The Village Vanguard?

It's a famous Jazz Club in New York City famous for hosting gigs by people like John Coltrane and Albert Ayler, in the sixties. There isn't an actual link to VIlla lol..

I'm excited about Garde. I really hope the club goes for him.

Some good info about him and how he set up Lyon:

Tactical debrief of Lyon

Artical written from a Newcastle perspective, but offers good info on his history

It sounds great, I forgot you were allowed to approach a game with a plan other than 'stick the ball in the net lads footballs facking easy'

• Like 2

For me, one of the most important things that any new manager must do, is negotiate the hell of their deal and have a commitment from Randy to a sizable budget in January for a couple of real quality players. Start up front.

Tactical debrief of Lyon

Artical written from a Newcastle perspective, but offers good info on his history

From the bottom link above:

"When Remi Garde took charge of Lyon this season, he was given a one-year contract, told he had no money to spend and inherited a squad low on morale following a tough season under the rigid leadership of former coach Claude Puel.   Several months later, Garde has restored team spirit, has the team playing attractive, attacking football, and successfully blended in youth players while instilling a resilient streak that was lacking under Puel."  -Feb 9, 2012 CBSSports.com

"So what’s different under Garde? "The spirit," Bosnian midfielder Miralem Pjanic frankly tells FOXSoccer.com after the game. "Simply, our game has changed. We play a lot more football, and we have a lot more freedom. The coach has put it in our heads that we can play."  -Andy Brassell, foxsports.com

Edited by trekka
  • Like 2

Forgive me for sounding like  a reactionary redneck, but now is not to time to go for a experimental choice for the manager's post. Not convinced by Garde at all. The new person has not got to time to set about his philosophy and create structures.  Unless Lerner is happy for us to go down and rebuild,  and miss out the chance to sell us next summer. This season is already a write off and the new guy will straight away have to start fighting fires.You have to say its more than 50/50 we will go down finally this year.

Who then?

Curbishley? Not yet 60 and experience of keeping sides up? No stop laughing. Might be a bit left field but he is available and would be a decent stop-gap. I appreciate some might find this choice ridiculous. 

You're right. I find it really ridiculous.

Remi Garde is a respected name in football, but those club are in a unique situation. We need someone to hit the ground running.

If the club have been in contact with him for a few weeks, he'll have had a bit of time to assess the squad.

Tactical debrief of Lyon

From the bottom link above:

"When Remi Garde took charge of Lyon this season, he was given a one-year contract, told he had no money to spend and inherited a squad low on morale following a tough season under the rigid leadership of former coach Claude Puel.   Several months later, Garde has restored team spirit, has the team playing attractive, attacking football, and successfully blended in youth players while instilling a resilient streak that was lacking under Puel."  -Feb 9, 2012 CBSSports.com

"So what’s different under Garde? "The spirit," Bosnian midfielder Miralem Pjanic frankly tells FOXSoccer.com after the game. "Simply, our game has changed. We play a lot more football, and we have a lot more freedom. The coach has put it in our heads that we can play."  -Andy Brassell, foxsports.com

Sounds a hell of a lot better than calling them losers and boring.

• Like 1

Perhaps most prominently, Garde's Lyon sides have been well known for their defensive foibles.

Lyon fans might want to stop here. The individual errors leading to losses over the last three months is quite simply staggering.

http://cominghomenewcastle.sbnation.com/2015/1/7/7506105/meeting-remi-garde-the-new-clear-favorite-to-be-toon-boss

hmmmm nothing new here