New manager

KJT123

Forgive me for sounding like  a reactionary redneck, but now is not to time to go for a experimental choice for the manager's post. Not convinced by Garde at all. The new person has not got to time to set about his philosophy and create structures.  Unless Lerner is happy for us to go down and rebuild,  and miss out the chance to sell us next summer. This season is already a write off and the new guy will straight away have to start fighting fires.You have to say its more than 50/50 we will go down finally this year.

Who then?

Curbishley? Not yet 60 and experience of keeping sides up? No stop laughing. Might be a bit left field but he is available and would be a decent stop-gap. I appreciate some might find this choice ridiculous. 

I don't think it's ridiculous. However I have heard on the grapevine that Curbishley is not quite as "sharp" as he once was, hence the lengthy absence from football.

Even if that were not 100% accurate, he has been out of the game for such a long time now. Though I was once a big fan for me he'd be an even bigger gamble. Garde has taken a year out, previous to that he was the manager of Lyon. Far more appealing IMO.

If he signs a decent GK & RB in Jan i will love him forever

Errr, I think a striker is top priority followed by a keeper.

I would like to see a decent striker too but we need to stop letting goals in first so a GK is a must. If he can get Gestede, Ayew, Kozak or Sinclair scoring goals then a new striker is not first priority IMO.

If he signs a decent GK & RB in Jan i will love him forever

Errr, I think a striker is top priority followed by a keeper.

I would like to see a decent striker too but we need to stop letting goals in first so a GK is a must. If he can get Gestede, Ayew, Kozak or Sinclair scoring goals then a new striker is not first priority IMO.

I'd be interested to see if Guzan can regain his form under a new manager.

I think his decline is very much confidence based. He's still a good goalkeeper. If a new manager can instil that confidence back into him then we might not need a new keeper.

• Like 1

Remi Garde is a respected name in football, but those club are in a unique situation. We need someone to hit the ground running.

If the club have been in contact with him for a few weeks, he'll have had a bit of time to assess the squad.

I'm just not getting this and I've asked a few times, I'm sure you can help me here PV;

Why would Remi Garde be any less disposed to "hit the ground running" than any other manager? Moyes, Rogers, whoever? He's been a coach/manager at the top level, that being in France and in the Champions League, for 10 years. Served under Wenger and Houllier to name two. So why would he need more time than, I dunno, any manager you could name who might be available?

Allardyce would have been perfect, granted, but outside of him I'm really struggling to think who people are talking about when they mention experience. Or why they believe you need a special kind of experience to manage in the Premier League.

• Like 2