New manager

KJT123

Hated moyes since day 1. Thought he was vastly overated at Everton and since he left he's been found out. 

Would have taken him instead of sherwood but now he's gone, I don't want him. I don't want any of the other favourites either tbh.

• Like 1

Jurgen ,Rodgers, or Laudrup would do for me ...please God not Pearson or Dyche

Jurgen? Klopp you mean?...

Klinsman

Nope. I feel like people who mention Klinsmann are just picking a sexy name. If this club were to hire Klinsmann, we'd just be getting another Sherwood. He's put the United States national team in a similar position to Villa, demonstrated that he suffers from many of the same weaknesses as Sherwood, and is absolutely not what the club need going forward. He would bring further instability and further excuses. If there's going to be an American in the frame, it'll be Bradley, and he would offer a cohesive and coherent, if slightly unsexy, plan for the immediate future and convey it to the team in such a manner that each player would know exactly what was expected of him and how to implement it.

Edited by JamieZ
  • Like 2

Garde, to me, seems like a French version of Sherwood.

How the hell have you come to that conclusion

EDIT: Right this has been addressed already

Edited by StefanAVFC

Indeed, Sherwood and Garde seem like polar opposites, especially in terms of intelligence.

If Garde has half a brain then this must be true. I know very little about football tactics, but I know enough about people to know that Sherwood has said some stupid, untrue, and counterproductive things about the Villa players.

If it is Garde, he'd be only the third non-British or Irish manager in our history... I think that's right. Venglos, Houllier and possibly Garde. 

Edit: just realised how much like a useless MOTD stat that was.

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 2

Garde, to me, seems like a French version of Sherwood. He's not got much experience and I again envisage a tough time. Although, with so many French speaking players, it's not hard to see why such a link would be made. 

If he joins, I'll support him. But, for me, it seems like another Sherwood era ahead, albeit without the arrogant cockney attitude. 

I think we need someone who's been around the block a bit. Is it coincidence that the last 3-4 years have been some of the worst in our history, with some record breaking lows, with relatively young managers in charge? I think someone of the ilk of Allardyce or Pulis is what we need, even though it makes me sad to say that based on the knowledge of "football" their teams serve up. Maybe Moyes is the answer, him or someone else who's been there and done it. 

to be fair sherwood has never won a cup or managed a side for a full season let alone for 3 years with a title chase and top 4 finishes.

in terms of experience sherwood isnt even close. by what ive read garde is heavy on ego though. 

I'd like to hope that the deal is already done for Garde.  His current employer (Canal+) leaked the information and then influential French journalists confirmed that the talks were credible.  I'm pretty happy with that.  He was Houllier's understudy and had the influence of Wenger.  I hope he still has the ear of Houllier though (whom, for it not was his ill health, would still be managing us now IMO).

• Like 4

Hated moyes since day 1. Thought he was vastly overated at Everton and since he left he's been found out. 

Would have taken him instead of sherwood but now he's gone, I don't want him. I don't want any of the other favourites either tbh.

Jesus, who do you want then? Woodytom for gaffer. 

• Like 1

Think.we missed out on Big Sam big time tbh. He'd have guaranteed safety imo. 

If we were going for a risk maybe Karanka.

Is a cheeky punt for MON out of the question? 

you don't want Moyes, Rodgers or Garde, but you want MON.....seriously ?

• Like 2

MON?!?!?!?!

Obviously it is out of the question.

I thought this management malarky was easy anyway, so why does it matter who?

• Like 3