New manager

KJT123

His current employer broke the news about Garde to villa. Reports in France suggesting he will bring current Lyon coaching staff Genesio and Baticle with him. Lyon fans tweeting stuff like wish you returned with us etc. Read a bit about him.. He is praised with rebuilding their squad after selling all their best players. Understudy to Wenger and likes to play a high tempo pressing style. Changes the formation often to suit opposition.

• Like 2

I think it's important for people to acknowledge that Garde was in charge of Lyon years after they dominated the French League and were in a bit of a financial mess. He was left to bring through the younger players and year on year sold off their better players.

2011/12 - Spent £3m and Recouped £15m

2012/13 - Spent £6m and Recouped £21m

2013/14 - Spent £2.8m and Recouped £18m

This is a man that has form with developing young, talented players and not having lots of money to spend and still had them finishing 3rd, 4th and 5th respectively. 

Yes the French League is not the most competitive but it still takes a good manager to do what he did. I doubt none of our Lerner era managers would have been able to do it.

• Like 2

Canal Football Club @CanalFootClub 

Rémi Garde devrait être le prochain entraîneur de @AVFCOfficial #CFC

Seems like it's done..

Seems like it's done..

Interesting. He gets my backing but I now longer find it hard to believe anything good can happen with us.

• Like 1

Hated moyes since day 1. Thought he was vastly overated at Everton and since he left he's been found out. 

Would have taken him instead of sherwood but now he's gone, I don't want him. I don't want any of the other favourites either tbh.

Jesus, who do you want then? Woodytom for gaffer. 

Think.we missed out on Big Sam big time tbh. He'd have guaranteed safety imo. 

If we were going for a risk maybe Karanka.

Is a cheeky punt for MON out of the question?

MON?!?!?!?!

Chill, I think he means my old nan.

I think they are simply expressing an opinion rather than stating a fact...

He works for them currently though. If he has agreed to take the job here then they would be amongst the first he'd inform.

I think it's important for people to acknowledge that Garde was in charge of Lyon years after they dominated the French League and were in a bit of a financial mess. He was left to bring through the younger players and year on year sold off their better players.

2011/12 - Spent £3m and Recouped £15m

2012/13 - Spent £6m and Recouped £21m

2013/14 - Spent £2.8m and Recouped £18m

This is a man that has form with developing young, talented players and not having lots of money to spend and still had them finishing 3rd, 4th and 5th respectively. 

Yes the French League is not the most competitive but it still takes a good manager to do what he did. I doubt none of our Lerner era managers would have been able to do it.

it is also worth noting that he achieved this despite losing the likes of Hugo Lloris and Anthony Martial. An article I read described him as Lyons Pep Guardiola and that managing Lyon  "wasn't a job, it was an obsession" for him. IMHO this guy could be our "special one"

• Like 1

Hated moyes since day 1. Thought he was vastly overated at Everton and since he left he's been found out. Would have taken him instead of sherwood but now he's gone, I don't want him. I don't want any of the other favourites either tbh.

Jesus, who do you want then? Woodytom for gaffer.  

Think.we missed out on Big Sam big time tbh. He'd have guaranteed safety imo. If we were going for a risk maybe Karanka.

Is a cheeky punt for MON out of the question? 

Obviously it is out of the question.

I thought this management malarky was easy anyway, so why does it matter who?

not what I said tho is it.

Then what did you say? I must have misunderstood. I apologise for that and I look forward to you setting the record straight.

Seems like it's done..

Seems like it's done..

Interesting. He gets my backing but I now longer find it hard to believe anything good can happen with us.

It almost seems too good to be true. Sherwood sacked and a promising replacement quickly found. There must be a catch. :suspect:

• Like 3

Garde would be yet another gamble, a big gamble

Yes I think its massive gamble if he is the one, no experience, wanted a year off football because he wanted to give his family a break from football. The Premier League is going to be a lot more stressful than the French league. A lot of you were all exited about these French signings and look how that has turned out so far. Theres a lot more wrong with Villa than just the manager.