Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

20 minutes ago, maqroll said:

The last five years have been like watching a relative slowly die from disease. A preventable one. I have a feeling of disgust in my stomach today that I've never had with regard to Villa. We are essentially relegated already. That a small handful of men could do what they've done to an institution like Aston Villa is staggering. My heart goes out to the true hardcore Villans who travel with the team week in, week out. We all deserve so much better, but especially them. What a disgrace.

Well said...I concur.

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

They even spent 20 million in this window didn't they?

Well they spent money which proves that it's just our tight fisted board and not that we're not balancing the books etc.

Tbh, the whole saga is just depressing. I seriously worry about our future. Yes, we're down. But Lerner is essentially a private owner of a private company that owns Aston Villa. He's not accountable to anyone. If he wanted to run the club into the groud he could do just that. Next season is going to be painful.  Garde will walk unless a sale is imminent and there is no sign of that. Just absolutely deflated at the moment.

I think tonight more than us losing (as I'm past wasting negative energy on our results) I was more annoyed with Rondon nicking WBA a crucial point as suddenly they're getting dragged into the relegation battle and it would be hilarious if they came down with us which would shut their fans up.

• Like 1

I would like us to catch one of Sunderland or Newcastle. That would make my season "ofcourse if staying up was an option I wont say no to it".

For me we continued iur good form until the silly thing from Ayew.I was thinking Gabbys being back would only be a positive "I know I know". But we really needed him in our away games.

Had we won last night we would have been only 3 points to Sunderland, 7 to Norwich.

If Newcastle lost and we win next week we would still have slight chance to be in the mix.

We need those 3 teams to go in a very bad form so that we could have our slim chance or we do extremely good.

I was really frustrated by Ayew, now hes even not playing again for the next 3 matches. I think we need to gamble with Sellars beside Gabby.

A win against Norwich will still push us up. But as **** we are upfront, we are even missing 3 players there !

Going down with Sunderland and Newcastle will be much easier to accept than Norwich or so.

Those media will not concentrate on us only, especially after the signings theyve made.

I know for Newcastle down there it would be hard for us, but I really think it would be hard and tight anyway, we might have some relief from pressure if theyre down there with us.

Im also really fearing that Garde could resign. We really need him. His teams isnt playing as the bottom team for a while now apart from scoring.

• Like 2

Well I would say about 90% of the fan base now we are down so makes it easier to accept than going down final day that would be the worst. The sad thing is we havent even bothered planning for next season. We could have gone for Rhodes for example a proven goal scorer in the championship and given him 5 months experience in the PL to see if he is good enough should we jump straight back up. But nope nothing. Unprepared fools the lot of them

• Like 1

There is now absolutely no point whatsoever in playing the same tired old journeymen we have at the club none at all . They have showed they are not capable, it will not achieve survival and it does not benefit us next year. Sure we may have injuries and we need as quad for them to be cover but for me right now I'd absolutely play the youth players in every game. There is nothing on any game , they get experience at the top level, they are practice games for us to see them in proper match action. We may as well get that benefit from them 

20 minutes ago, Richard said:

There is now absolutely no point whatsoever in playing the same tired old journeymen we have at the club none at all . They have showed they are not capable, it will not achieve survival and it does not benefit us next year. Sure we may have injuries and we need as quad for them to be cover but for me right now I'd absolutely play the youth players in every game. There is nothing on any game , they get experience at the top level, they are practice games for us to see them in proper match action. We may as well get that benefit from them 

We should be playing the players who we want here next year. And, for the most part, I think we're doing that apart from positions where we don't have much of an option (like up front)

Ayew blew our biggest chance to close the gap. Could have conceivably went into that Norwich game knowing that if we beat them at home we'd only be 4 points behind them. Still, 7 in 13 is doable as well. I hope Remi remains steadfast.

Â