Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

Well ive just come to the realisation of our predicament... Wow....Before the transfer window i would have said we would have had a slight chance of staying up if we brought the right players this window and they all hit the ground running.... Just had a look at the fixtures for the rest of the season..... LOL im sorry folks we aint staying up, we have so many of the big teams to play yet, with the league so open at the top, most still have it all to play for. We may spring a shock result or two but thats it.

Our relegation rivals have ALL signed at least 1 Striker which i suppose doesnt really mean anything on the face of it but we NEED a striker!!!. Our 2 closest rivals have improved in several areas over the pitch, Norwich have got 2 strikers in and have signed players in defence. Bournemouth have signed players in all different positions. Yet here we are at the bottom and not done nothing. Ok yeah we will probably be struggling to sign players in our position, but come on... Absolutely no one wants to come to us? i find that hard to believe...

We are having to rely on firstly us winning at least 3 and picking up a draw to just catch up, thats without any of the 4 teams above us gaining a single point when we do so.  Then we are relying on at least 3 teams being 10 points worse than us over the rest of the season. It just aint gonna happen, were gonna need a god damn miracle to stay up now unfortunately.

3 hours ago, leighavfc said:

Well ive just come to the realisation of our predicament... Wow....Before the transfer window i would have said we would have had a slight chance of staying up if we brought the right players this window and they all hit the ground running.... Just had a look at the fixtures for the rest of the season..... LOL im sorry folks we aint staying up, we have so many of the big teams to play yet, with the league so open at the top, most still have it all to play for. We may spring a shock result or two but thats it.

Our relegation rivals have ALL signed at least 1 Striker which i suppose doesnt really mean anything on the face of it but we NEED a striker!!!. Our 2 closest rivals have improved in several areas over the pitch, Norwich have got 2 strikers in and have signed players in defence. Bournemouth have signed players in all different positions. Yet here we are at the bottom and not done nothing. Ok yeah we will probably be struggling to sign players in our position, but come on... Absolutely no one wants to come to us? i find that hard to believe...

We are having to rely on firstly us winning at least 3 and picking up a draw to just catch up, thats without any of the 4 teams above us gaining a single point when we do so.  Then we are relying on at least 3 teams being 10 points worse than us over the rest of the season. It just aint gonna happen, were gonna need a god damn miracle to stay up now unfortunately.

Well summed up. I'm usually one of the most optimistic posters on here but this club is just a walking disaster of depression at the moment.

But we still have a purpose at least.

Whilst there's still purpose, there is hope. 

We need to rock n rock on Tuesday night. 

Edited by supernova26
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, supernova26 said:

Well summed up. I'm usually one of the most optimistic posters on here but this club is just a walking disaster of depression at the moment.

But we still have a purpose at least.

Whilst there's still purpose, there is hope. 

We need to rock n rock on Tuesday night. 

Until it's a mathematical certainty that were down I'll still have hope. But the maths can lie. We might only be 4 wins behind safety and just over halfway through the season but it really is a big big big ask for this team.

its a season too far, if we aren't signing anyone id rather the following happen between now and seasons end:

1) the board come out and say we aren't signing anyone to save us, and start selling/releasing the highest earning crap from the squad

2) we at least try and bring in some new players that'll bring us up on day one of the summer window. We need to add whatever budget we didn't spend/have in January and add it to the summer budget 

3) we use the most promising youth team players extensively throughout the remainder of the season, get them used to playing regularly and a taste for top level football

4) we keep all our most promising first team players under contract and at the club over the summer and next season

5) we keep Garde, let him sort the squad out, give him free reign and whatever support necessary to get us out of this mess

6) Lerner either puts money into this club again and trusts Garde,  or else he sells the club to the fans and gets lost.

11 hours ago, Duck said:

Until it's a mathematical certainty that were down I'll still have hope. But the maths can lie. We might only be 4 wins behind safety and just over halfway through the season but it really is a big big big ask for this team.

its a season too far, if we aren't signing anyone id rather the following happen between now and seasons end:

1) the board come out and say we aren't signing anyone to save us, and start selling/releasing the highest earning crap from the squad

2) we at least try and bring in some new players that'll bring us up on day one of the summer window. We need to add whatever budget we didn't spend/have in January and add it to the summer budget 

3) we use the most promising youth team players extensively throughout the remainder of the season, get them used to playing regularly and a taste for top level football

4) we keep all our most promising first team players under contract and at the club over the summer and next season

5) we keep Garde, let him sort the squad out, give him free reign and whatever support necessary to get us out of this mess

6) Lerner either puts money into this club again and trusts Garde,  or else he sells the club to the fans and gets lost.

And then the alarm goes off, and you get up for work.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, imavillan said:

The white flag is well and truly flying from the Villa Park flag pole !!!!

Great idea for a protest that. A white flag protest to represent the clubs action or lack of it. 

Edited by supernova26

We really are in limbo at the moment . We`re no longer an active part of the premier league anymore , in fact we`re not even an active part of the relegation battle anymore . We have no transfer speculation ! We`re not officially in the Championship yet , but the towells been thrown in . Ive never felt such disdain for our own players and management who are killing our club

• Like 1

I fear any slim hope that some of us have will truly evaporate tomorrow night.  Confidence must be low again after Saturday and we are not exactly seeing fighting talk from the manager.  Garde seemed down in the dumps today and this will only rub off on the players.  Can't say I blame him to be honest. This club really is a shambles right now!

This has to be the worst season in my Aston Villa supporting history,

in terms of embarrassment.

There are always set backs I'm just hoping now that there is not too much damage that we will not recover from.

• Like 2

This seasons relegation battle is going to be interesting, for those finishing 18th & 19th. We're down in 20th place and anyone thinking differently is deluded! The other positions are my interest from herein. Those teams have spent money and trying to stay up and right now it's hard to say who will join us in the Championship. My feeling is for Swansea and Sunderland but Fat Sam has a great record and they might just see off Norwich for the 17th place. 

Amazingly - if we can somehow nick a win tomorrow and then beat Norwich, we could be 4 points from safety (if results go our way), with plenty of points left to play for.

That being the case on Saturday, not buying any players is going to seem even more foolish.

Its entirely possible Remi could harvest some kind of "them and us" mentality if the media reports of him considering his future are a load of rubbish. 

Sadly, I think even if the reports are rubbish, the wind (well the small gust we were building) has been well and truly knocked out of sails now. Defeat tomorrow and the players will be dreading Saturday.

• Like 1

Amazingly - if we can somehow nick a win tomorrow and then beat Norwich, we could be 4 points from safety (if results go our way), with plenty of points left to play for.

That being the case on Saturday, not buying any players is going to seem even more foolish.

Its entirely possible Remi could harvest some kind of "them and us" mentality if the media reports of him considering his future are a load of rubbish. 

Sadly, I think even if the reports are rubbish, the wind (well the small gust we were building) has been well and truly knocked out of sails now. Defeat tomorrow and the players will be dreading Saturday.

We do, understandably, forget at these times that football is indeed played on a pitch, not in the boardroom. But I think Remi could have chose his words better talking about a lack of quality in the squad, that won't do much for their confidence.

We will lose tomorrow night.

Â