Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

3 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

So, how much will we lose in revinue by dropping down to the championship ?

We will lose the TV money and some ST sales and some merchandise,what else and what will the total loss be ?

£62.5m in tv money we will miss out on however we will get a shed load more money than other championship clubs the bulk of who will get £7.5m while we get £37.5m

5 minutes ago, KHV said:

£62.5m in tv money we will miss out on however we will get a shed load more money than other championship clubs the bulk of who will get £7.5m while we get £37.5m

The first year yes. Here's to hoping we use it (not holding my breath on that one) to invest in a squad that should give us a good shot at going back up immediately. It's just so typical that we get relegated the same year a cushy new TV-deal is there for the taking. Goes perfectly in tandem with what I've come to expect from this club lately.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

The first year yes. Here's to hoping we use it (not holding my breath on that one) to invest in a squad that should give us a good shot at going back up immediately. It's just so typical that we get relegated the same year a cushy new TV-deal is there for the taking. Goes perfectly in tandem with what I've come to expect from this club lately.

2nd year isn't too bad either, after that we are **** if we are not back up

My 10 yr old was talking about us going down - he's realised it's going to happen now.  Still sticks with Villa despite all his mates being Arsenal or Chelsea.  

He was genuinely asking if we could still play at Villa Park which is so big, 'because all the places we'll be playing are like a muddy pitch with 4 rows of seats and holes everywhere'.  Made me LOL and be sad at the same time.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, AndyC said:

Sums Villa up, always relying on something other than ourselves to save the day

I'd hardly class expecting a referee to make the correct decision in regards to clear as day penalties (3 in 3 games now) as relying on others to save the day. We worked and created the scenarios not exactly like we're expecting something from absolutely nothing.

Edited by penguin
  • Like 2

If we'd have got that penalty against Spam when we were on top then maybe Ayew wouldn't have been as frustrated as he was and got sent off. Would have been a whole different game. Refereeing decisions are definitely a factor in our current position, especially as of late.

29 minutes ago, rubberman said:

My 10 yr old was talking about us going down - he's realised it's going to happen now.  Still sticks with Villa despite all his mates being Arsenal or Chelsea.  

He was genuinely asking if we could still play at Villa Park which is so big, 'because all the places we'll be playing are like a muddy pitch with 4 rows of seats and holes everywhere'.  Made me LOL and be sad at the same time.

Ah so he's been to St. Andrew's before then?

• Like 1

He's seen the sty then!

35 minutes ago, rubberman said:

At least he's witnessed the golden years.

1 hour ago, Rob182 said:

Sums Villa up, having a dig at other fans for no reason.

I was not having a dig at penguin, I was making the point that each year our survival is always by the skin of our teeth. Luck has kept us up for 4 seasons, now that luck has run out.

37 minutes ago, penguin said:

I'd hardly class expecting a referee to make the correct decision in regards to clear as day penalties (3 in 3 games now) as relying on others to save the day. We worked and created the scenarios not exactly like we're expecting something from absolutely nothing.

swings and roundabouts, during the season we will get away with penalty shouts against us as well.

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

merse - villa will be the biggest club ever relegated from the prem

fair few claiming leeds and newcastle are bigger

fwiw i obviously agree with merse, the FL must be licking their lips at the prospect of us being down there

There is a video on the youtube of Merson on Soccer Saturday claiming Villa to be bigger than Newcastle.

Jeff Stelling was, for some reason, shocked. The comments were quite heated too, even by youtube standards.

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

merse - villa will be the biggest club ever relegated from the prem

fair few claiming leeds and newcastle are bigger

fwiw i obviously agree with merse, the FL must be licking their lips at the prospect of us being down there

He also wasnt wrong saying the club should give season ticket fans their money back for 2nd half of season

27 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

There is a video on the youtube of Merson on Soccer Saturday claiming Villa to be bigger than Newcastle.

Jeff Stelling was, for some reason, shocked. The comments were quite heated too, even by youtube standards.

sure Jeff Stelling thought McLeish should have got more time and Tony Pulis should replace Moyes at Man Utd

man is a gobshite

• Like 1

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

We clearly can't afford to do that, it's not a good idea at all. 

his point was if the board have given up then why should the fans turn up for rest of the season

Â