Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

Don't worry, the invention of the television will reach Luton eventually. 

I'll be in Austin, TX in a few months time. Plus if the matches aren't televised, it won't matter how good my TV is. 

Edited by Czechlad

yes it's going to be harder to find streams, albeit we'll almost certainly have the best part of 50% of our matches moved for the TV games in the championship. The way Newcastle were and Leeds are now, we still have a wide fanbase that the TV bods will want to exploit.

45 minutes ago, Rodders said:

yes it's going to be harder to find streams, albeit we'll almost certainly have the best part of 50% of our matches moved for the TV games in the championship. The way Newcastle were and Leeds are now, we still have a wide fanbase that the TV bods will want to exploit.

I hope you're right. I want to be able to actually watch my favorite club play even when I can't make it to the matches in person. 

We'll be on Sky loads as we'll be the biggest draw down there unless Newcastle come with us.

When I was at Uni there was always plenty of websites that streamed championship games (Iraqgoals I remember although I believe that got busted and shut down).

Don't forget aswell channel 5 have extended highlights of one championship game for their show and that usually is streamed somewhere.

I think for weekend games we'll be surprised how many you can pick up, it won't be hugely different to the premier league.

Midweek games home and away (of which they'll be plenty) will be a different story though. Think early rounds of the carling cup as a guide.

1 hour ago, supernova26 said:

Is The Championship actually televised outside the UK? Who wants to watch that??

Of course it is, there are more fans who go and watch lower division games than premier league of course....

Seriously go to any holiday resort and if it's a football game and on Sky it will be on so if you want to watch plenty of us in the championship take a gap year and just go hiking around Benidorm! ;)

Half of the teams we'll be playing next season are ones we've been regularly playing for the last 20 years in the prem...y'know teams like Boro (o.k they'll probably come up this time) Derby, Burnley, Blackburn, SHA, Wolves, QPR plus the two that will come down with us.

That's why I'm a bit bemused by people saying there's loads of new grounds to enjoy, surely you went to some of them when they were in the PL?

To me championship reality will hit home when we're welcoming Rotherham, Walsall or worst case MK Franchise as that will have the feeling of an early round cup tie, half empty, limited atmosphere (not in the case of Walsall but the other two certainly). Even 2-3 years ago we were 3 divisions ahead of Rotherham.

34 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Half of the teams we'll be playing next season are ones we've been regularly playing for the last 20 years in the prem...y'know teams like Boro (o.k they'll probably come up this time) Derby, Burnley, Blackburn, SHA, Wolves, QPR plus the two that will come down with us.

That's why I'm a bit bemused by people saying there's loads of new grounds to enjoy, surely you went to some of them when they were in the PL?

To me championship reality will hit home when we're welcoming Rotherham, Walsall or worst case MK Franchise as that will have the feeling of an early round cup tie, half empty, limited atmosphere (not in the case of Walsall but the other two certainly). Even 2-3 years ago we were 3 divisions ahead of Rotherham.

It has been 25 years or more since we played league games against Brentford, Preston, Huddersfield, Rotherham, Bristol City, Gillingham, Walsall, let alone MK Dons & Burton who have yet to have had the pleasure of playing us in the league. So there will be a fair few grounds that fans who have yet to reach their 40s will not have seen us play at and even less for those who are nearer 20. I would have rather waited for them to join us in the PL than get relegated to join them but the chance to go to these grounds is about as much as I can think of being positive about going down for Villa fans who would not recall what it was like last time it happened to us.

I agree with what you say about reality hitting home when we play the likes of Rotherham, Walsall or MK. But for me it will hit home when the fixture lists are made public and we are playing someone like Burton at home on a Friday night for TV coverage rather than Guardiola's Manchester Citeh with the snake on their bench the following day.     

2 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

Will you be supporting Sunderland, Newcastle or Norwich?

As my new premier league team? 

:D i like your optimism. Think Newcastle will do enough.. the other two will be likely playing with us next season in the Championship. 

Edited by KSV

Â