Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

We get six good championship players for 1 Nzogbia. It won't be money that's the problem. Huge opportunity for any manager to come in and for once not have to deal with relics of the past from the get go. Gabby aside...

The thing is could we deal the pressure?

We need to be on the top two. Anything less than top 6 at the beginning of the league could affect our confidence. Weve all seen what low confidence have done for us.

Thats why winning some game and fight to even not be bottom would help us mentally.

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

If we'd signed a half decent striker on January 4th like we should have I'm convinced we'd be 4 points better off right now and, I think, we'd be in with a good shout.

Humble opinion.

The loss of Ayew is the nail in the coffin for me.

If I was Garde now I'd go for the lineup Sherwood put out against Leicester, with Gabby up front and Grealish, Sinclair and Gil behind, and hope they play like they did in the first half of that game. That would see Gana and Veretout as 2 in midfield I guess.

It will be enormous I think. clubs like Crystal Palace have seen something like a 200% increase in revenue since they came up. I know we're bigger than them, but whatever revenue we get will be a drop in the water compared to the tv deal (the current one, the fact that the new one is colossal twists the stake in the heart).

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, AndyC said:

Sums Villa up, always relying on something other than ourselves to save the day

I think it's more the frustration that we have had a run of bad penalty decisions recently. None of ours have been given and we have had some debatable ones given against us.

Â