Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Lets see if they can follow it up next season and not be a one season wonder

They've already had this kind of form for a calender year (last feb to this feb). If they can maintain it until the end of this season I think its fair to presume its an upward trend of being very good, not a lucky bit of good form.

32 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

They've already had this kind of form for a calender year (last feb to this feb). If they can maintain it until the end of this season I think its fair to presume its an upward trend of being very good, not a lucky bit of good form.

Maybe a one season trend!  Marhez and Vardy will be off in the summer and they'll be back to square one - lets see how Albrighton, Huth, Drinkwater, Morgan, Schlupp etc look then. 

Lucky lucky team with two decent players

13 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

Maybe a one season trend!  Marhez and Vardy will be off in the summer and they'll be back to square one - lets see how Albrighton, Huth, Drinkwater, Morgan, Schlupp etc look then. 

maybe they will stay lucky and finish in the top 4 then surely they will keep the better players and improve even more ? tbh if they do finish top 4 then respect to them shows it can still be done by anyone that isnt the normal top 5

It maybe a one season trend but if they win the league for instance then they aren't losing Mahrez or Vardy not at least to teams in the Premier League.. If they lose them to a massive team like Real Madrid or Barcelona then they'll likely be going for £40-£50 million. On paper they could buy a whole world class squad for what those two could sell for if the truly big teams came in for them. So a one season wonder will still transform Leicester to the point where they likely won't be outside the Top 6 for a long ass time.. 

They won't win the Premier and even if they do, they'd still face the risk of losing their best players to the more traditional big clubs in the league, money talks and they will already have achieved pretty much the uppermost they can at Leicester. I was expecting their downfall to be as quick as their rise next season, but if they make Champions League then that might make a difference, if they just miss out and end up in Europa it could hasten it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, VillaCas said:

Thye have three good players, you forgot Kante.

But still a very lucky team. They are very low in all the tables (stats wise) but the one that counts. I will be very suprised if they finish the season anywhere near as high as they currently are and  even more suprised if they keep hold of Vardy, Mahrez and Kante next season. The wages they could get from a transfer outweigh what Leicester will be able to offer. I also wouldn't be suprised if it gets leaked that they have minimum fee clauses in their contracts.

• Like 1

A bit cliché but goals for and against on the day are the only statistics that count...

The rise of in depth tactical analysis does make for interesting discussion and debate but in the main is useless.

Win 3-0, Westwood attempts 100 passes and completes 100% of them zero assists. 'Fanstastic, Our own Pirlo! Moved the ball about, kept the game ticking over'.

Lose 3-0 'Offers nothing, moves the ball sideways, crab like yada yada......'

It seems like some are showing signs of bitterness to Leicesters success, subconsciously based on our abject failure as the "bigger club".

There's nothing subconscious with me. I don't like Leicester. I don't like them because the only Leicester fan I know is a complete bitch.

• Like 1

Â