Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

12 hours ago, maqroll said:

The last five years have been like watching a relative slowly die from disease. A preventable one. I have a feeling of disgust in my stomach today that I've never had with regard to Villa. We are essentially relegated already. That a small handful of men could do what they've done to an institution like Aston Villa is staggering. My heart goes out to the true hardcore Villans who travel with the team week in, week out. We all deserve so much better, but especially them. What a disgrace.

Sooooooo... Aston Villa have become a metaphoric parallel to the American Healthcare system?

• Like 2

Just think this summer the pre season excitement, new manager along with a few freebies and loans....then the season kicks off.

I remember feeling a little excited before the Bournemouth game, that soon end after the 1st 5mins it was apparent that we were bloody awful.

I just hope that Lerner goes sooner rather than later.

I'm sure once it's a mathematical certainty we are down we will go on an unbeaten run, score loads and show real effort.

It's the same in most of our matches when we are2-0 down with ten mins left.

Aston Villa serial killer of dreams.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

Does anyone believe we will get proper support from this board next term ?

We're going to need a net spend higher than what we've had for the past few seasons in the premier league. We're seeing good championship strikers costing up to, or even more than, £10m (Afobe, McCormack, Rhodes etc). We are going to need to sign one of those to fire us back up, let's not even attempt to rely on Gestede, not only is he shite but he has also demonstrated for Cardiff that he can be pretty impotent at that level. 

I frankly see this board underestimating the required spend for us to bounce straight back up, and thus, I see us falling short of what should be the absolute goal of automatic promotion.

I came across this while googling "Aston Villa RIP".  Time for a new cartoon maybe....

http://www.handinglove.co.uk/the-death-cartoon-of-aston-villa/

Faithful supporters in a painful scene at the graveside

This cartoon belonged to my father and originated from way back in 1959.

It commemorates a day at the Hawthorns, on 29th April 1959, that West Bromwich Albion held Aston Villa to a 1-1 draw, and in doing so, condemned the Villa to relegation to the old 2nd division.

I can find very little information regarding this match except that Aston Villa were leading by a Gerry Hitchens goal and Ronnie Allen scored the Baggies goal.

The Death Cartoon Of Aston Villa

The Death Cartoon Of Aston Villa

I know nothing else about this cartoon, if the cartoonist was a Baggies fan or a Villa fan, or where the cartoon came from.

I doubt if the cartoonist would get away drawing the guy on the far right saying “I’ll knock ell o’ t’ missis for this” in these politically correct times.

If you know any-more please leave a comment below…

The Death Cartoon of Aston Villa

Edited by Richard

I do think if we can keep the likes of ayew, okore, richards and veretout we can challenge top 6.At least they cant hide behind we need the money garbage

If sunderland go down I think they are in big trouble as they wont be able to afford all these players they have purchased

I personally cant see us coming back up in the first season,the club is going to sell off some of our players in the summer and thats for sure.

They will have to invest in a squad that can win in this division..I have the impression they think the championship is a walkover.

The going rate for proven championship strikers is all too apparent with the likes of jordan rhodes and afobe just to name two,will the board be ready to shell out? im not too sure.

A rebuild of the team in the championship could be a blessing in disguise..but with randolph lerner still heading this im more inclined to say its going to be more misery until he sells.

If we could keep our best players our team would be ok. We are in a much healthier position than the likes of Sunderland. Some of our players have a good potential as Ayew,Traore,Amavi,Veretout,Gueye,Okore and Grealish.

Richards and Lescott are doing fine.

Add quality upfront and we would have a good team. Its arguably better than our teams of the last couple of seasons, the difference was Benteke.

The key is to keep the best players who are adapting.

And I dont think the board wont pay anything. Theyve paid around 20m as an average.

Its some of the signings that were terrible.

Some positions really needed investment were it havent.

Im not saying we are definitly due a promotion definitly. But just saying we are not tge worst squad ever to go down there.

• Like 1

The championship is a poor league with the odd exception,  the biggest challenge is having a squad of 20 players capable of playing Saturday & Wednesday most weeks & at the moment we have a squad only capable of playing for 45 minutes a week

• Like 1

Â