Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

My 10 yr old was talking about us going down - he's realised it's going to happen now.  Still sticks with Villa despite all his mates being Arsenal or Chelsea.  

He was genuinely asking if we could still play at Villa Park which is so big, 'because all the places we'll be playing are like a muddy pitch with 4 rows of seats and holes everywhere'.  Made me LOL and be sad at the same time.

What do you mean he "still sticks with Villa"? Of course he does? Or do kids switch teams randomly these days? How queer.

Do you live in London?

39 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

What do you mean he "still sticks with Villa"? Of course he does? Or do kids switch teams randomly these days? How queer.

Do you live in London?

unfortunately kids these days do switch from my experience. :( I really see our fanbase dropping if we stay in championship for long period

7 points to make up in 13 games (provided we win tomorrow of course, and Newcastle don't) is not insurmountable. We just need a few surprise results like Spurs away last season to help us. I'm just waiting for us to go on a random Wigan run tbh, where Gestede goes on a Benteke scoringrun :lol:

• Like 1

Just now, Keyblade said:

7 points to make up in 13 games (provided we win tomorrow of course, and Newcastle don't) is not insurmountable. We just need a few surprise results like Spurs away last season to help us. I'm just waiting for us to go on a random Wigan run tbh, where Gestede goes on a Benteke scoringrun :lol:

Unlikely, but why not - let's see.

6 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Somebody a gonna has to steer clear of a the magic dragon puff was his name for awhile.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

If we'd signed a couple of players in January, not even good ones just competent ones, I'd be a bit more confident of our chances.

As it stands, I just can't see us scoring enough goals to get anywhere near staying up :(

I do think we might win tomorrow though.

Just now, Stevo985 said:

If we'd signed a couple of players in January, not even good ones just competent ones, I'd be a bit more confident of our chances.

As it stands, I just can't see us scoring enough goals to get anywhere near staying up :(

I do think we might win tomorrow though.

We have every chance, so long as we have 11 men on the pitch.

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Do you live in London?

next season when you can watch every liverpool and utd game on TV, every prem game online and then send them to school surrounded by chelsea, arsenal and man city fans... my 4 year old nephew worries me if im honest, dont think his leeds supporting dad will let it happen

i think to stop him glory hunting here we'll probably push him towards real madrid (ill try for barca but my brother will kill me)

we already piss fans up the M6, next year will be a bad one

Just now, villa4europe said:

next season when you can watch every liverpool and utd game on TV, every prem game online and then send them to school surrounded by chelsea, arsenal and man city fans... my 4 year old nephew worries me if im honest, dont think his leeds supporting dad will let it happen

i think to stop him glory hunting here we'll probably push him towards real madrid (ill try for barca but my brother will kill me)

we already piss fans up the M6, next year will be a bad one

Nothing worse than a kid wearing a spanish shirt - it should be a national law that you support the team nearest to where you come from. Or the team your overbearing father imposes on you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Do you live in London?

Yeah - we're in London.  When kids are in the playground and their team is a laughing stock it's hard for them to understand why they should still support them - more so at 6/7 yrs.  Now he's Villa - we've been up to VP a few times and (amazingly) never lost when we've gone up (should maybe get up more often!) - though he really misses Benteke.  We don't have any heroes - can you imagine kicking about and pretending to be Sinclair...or Gabby?

He still doesn't play as Villa on Fifa though - doesn't like losing all the time.  :(

The good thing is that we are playing somehow the easier hard fixtures at home. Liverpool, Everton, Spus and Chelsea. I prefer it this way than the other.

I think Gabby coming back would add a lot to the team. He offers things we dont have atm. Our counter attack have been pathetic.

Since Garde came weve only lost twice at home. On form Watford and Arsenal. All of our perfomances were good.

We only scored once the first goal.

5 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Nothing worse than a kid wearing a spanish shirt - it should be a national law that you support the team nearest to where you come from. Or the team your overbearing father imposes on you.

Exactly - I've had to be overbearing and make him play in a Villa shirt, despite being born round the corner from Chelsea and living round the corner from Palace.  Seems to have worked.  (Even if he pretends to be Messi in the garden).

11 minutes ago, Jareth said:

*shudders*

That would make me a Blues fan I think.

Can't we make it you have to support a team from the city you're from?

Â